Forgive the Watchtower!

by sabastious 63 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

Would you deliberately choose bitterness over happiness? Of course not! Yet so often, indirectly and unknowingly, that is exactly the choice that you make. A choice that can keep you trapped with no hope of escape.

If you" hold out" for the Wt to apologize how long do you think that will be ?

Sab ....

Don't confuse the word "forgive" with "condone
    ."

Holding your breath and turning blue to "force a change" may have worked well for you as a child with your parents.. but I don't think the WT will know or care .....however it will cause you pain and suffering

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

sabastious

I think it's time to forgive and forget and move on.

This is a moving post that touches me.

The truth is that we don't really forgive and we certainly can't forget. I prefer to say that we become mature enough to accept how people have acted and understand why they behaved as they did. Even though they affected our lives they were at the time struggling to make sense of their own.

Life is what it is and other people have their reasons. We also have ours. What we share is humanity; the ability to be selfish and also wonderful.

To come to an acceptance of what has hurt you and still see the value in life and people is a long hard journey.

Never underestimate your huge achievement.

Salute - sabastious

• undercover
    undercover
    Would you deliberately choose bitterness over happiness? Of course not! Yet so often, indirectly and unknowingly, that is exactly the choice that you make. A choice that can keep you trapped with no hope of escape.
    If you" hold out" for the Wt to apologize how long do you think that will be

I've gotten over the bitterness and anger. I'm happy in the direction I'm going for the most part. I wish I could free some family members who are still trapped. And for that reason, if no other, I can't forgive the organization or the men that lead it. They've still got my family held hostage.

I don't ever expect the bOrg/leaders to change. I don't expect them to realize the damage they've done and I don't expect them to therefore apologize.

And I won't ever forgive them.

It's good to get past the resentment, bitterness and anger. But that doesn't mean you have to forgive them. Forgive yourself if you have to, forgive your parents/siblings/grandparents because they're victims as well, but forgive the evil empire that wreaked havoc in my family? Don't think so...

• Chalam
    Chalam

Luke 23:34 (New International Version)

34 Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

Mark 11:25 (New International Version)

25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

Blessings,

Stephen

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I can't forgive the organization or the men that lead it.

Can't or wont?

Two very different things.

-Sab

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Quote for the day....."Blame someone else and get on with your life." - Alan Woods

I choose to blame the GB and get on with my life

• undercover
    undercover
    Can't or wont?
    Two very different things.

good point.

Won't is the better word.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Dont worry about forgiving the WT.

Realize they are imperfect and the monster they become wasnt the same lamb they started out with. I see the honor of its founding fathers. Not taking the churches boxed christianity. They became true bible students.

They have nothing to do with you and youre personal relationship to God. Dont let man ever get in between you and God. Youre life will be richer with a spiritual connection, you make with the the universe.

• Spade
    Spade

Maybe someone could explain. What did the Watchtower do?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Hey, a newbie! Welcome Spade!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit