Forgive the Watchtower!

by sabastious 63 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

I was abused by my father growing up. Physically and emotionally.

As a entered my adult life I had next to no self esteem, in part because he didn't really attempt to help me get some because I didn't chose the career path that he dreamed for me.

2 years ago I forgave him. I let go of the anger that I had for him because I knew that when it was all said and done, he did what he did and I believe that he did his best. The man went through some of the most terrifying sexual abuse when he was real little and it changed him. He is not a bad man, he is a broken man and I don't have the right to judge him in my adult life.

He is not raising me anymore, I am.

I have a good relationship with him now and I know it would not be possible if I didn't forgive him.

Next in line... I need to forgive the Watchtower.

I have drawn so many parrallels with my relationship with the WT and a classic abusive relationship.

But it's over. The Watchtower no longer chooses how I think and act, I do.

I think it's time to forgive and forget and move on.

Funny, forgiving the WT is turning out to be MUCH harder than forgiving my father who beat the sh*t out of me and told me I was worthless...

-Sab

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

But Sab...the WT HAS beaten the S#it out of you. In a far worse way than a person ever could. I think it's impossible to "forgive the watchtower" because "the watchtower" doesn't exist. It's not a person. It's slight of hand. It's an entity to look at for the sole purpose that you don't look at the individual men behind the curtain.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm with Dan.

Taking away one's mental and emotional freedom is downright evil. Sure, you could make the case that some of the men behind the curtain are deluded, but all of them? Really? Pretty hard to believe that every single cog in the machine believes God is the one making it tick.

Have you read Crisis of Conscience, Sab? How about some of the insider experiences from Randy and others on Freeminds? The GB knows exactly what it's doing.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Don't confuse the word "forgive" with "condone." I am talking of a forgivness that is only within myself. It doesn't advocate what the WT does it just puts out the fire of burning rage in my heart.

-Sab

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I see how that can be healing, sab.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You don`t need to forgive the Decisions of a Group of Men..

Who need a 2/3rds vote,to decide what God wants..

Use your Type Writer and Beat the Crap out of them on JWN..

It`s therapeutic..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'm glad your able to move forward Sab,

I hope this doesn't mean your leaving the forum, cause I'm just getting to know you

um, with that said, can you lend me some of your post ? I'm just about out

• sabastious
    sabastious

I aint leavin, you guys are too fun.

-Sab

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

When you can let it go, you will.

You are right - you stop letting your past, and this entity, choose for you.

Regardless of how you have been treated, you can choose how to be now.

• Think About It
    Think About It

The WTS has not proven itself worthy to receive forgiveness from anyone that it has brought harm into their lives. This Organization would never apologize for the wrongs it has done and thinks that anyone who leaves it is the lowest form of live on earth, and in some cases worthy of death if it could impose it. Do not even worry about forgiving the WTS. Living a good normal life is good enough.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit