Forgive the Watchtower!

by sabastious 63 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

It is understandable to want an organisation that has caused so much pain and discontent t be punished. The difficulty is that the people that run the WT are constantly changing.

Then again, if we are to demand penalties of religions that have misled people and caused pain, perhaps we should start with the Roman Catholic church and work our way down the list of offenders.

The situation is summed up by one of only truthful statements ever made by the WT: Religion is a snare and a racket!

• wobble
    wobble

I have not had time to read all of this thread so may repeat what has been said by others.

I have managed to get to the point where I feel no bitterness toward the WT, just regret at my lost years.

I still get an angry feeling at their lying ways, but it does not consume me, it just helps me write posts on here.

I cannot forgive them for the following reason.

I view them like a practising paedophile, somebody who is still buggering children.

They know what they are doing is wrong in so many ways, the GB know that Holy Spirit has no input in their two-thirds type decisions, they know that their murderous blood doctrine is in error. Etc. Etc.

A paedophile deludes himself and lives with cognitive dissonance, but if he keeps practising, who could forgive ?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I don't see any reason to forgive the WT.

It has not repented for anything it did to me, and it has no intention of doing that.

I have made it clear to my parents that I feel it was out of order for them to try using psychological warfare to try to get me to join their church and that being dishonest to 'polish the WT's filthy cup' doesn't get them any Brownie points with me.

If they want forgiveness, or respect, they can start by making an effort to earn some.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't agree that anger is necessarily a bad thing that needs to be suppressed or purged. If it is under control and not used to cause harm to others it is fine. It is an emotion like any other and in the case of anger toward the Borg, it is justified.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit