Cougars

by White Dove 85 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

40 year olds only 4 or 5 years out of the WTS don't know how to flirt, either.

That's sad but it's not hopeless.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

I think CoCo went speechless..............or a cougar gave him a call on the cell.

On second thought, a cougar for him would be about 80 years old.

My bad.

Judge Dread

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I see nothing wrong with it, as long as you are not exploiting a big power differential. If an older person uses a perceived authority or is manipulative toward younger people in order to get them to consent, that is a form of force and/or fraud. Notably, that is most common when priests and hounders manipulate children into consent, using their lives.

But, once you start setting age difference limits, you start setting maximum age limits beyond which all is hopeless. Remember, the age of becoming an "adult" is no higher than 21 (the age of consent, even in Muslim lands, is no higher than 21--in the US, it varies but is no higher than 18). From that point, you have the ability to consent. But, if you set a 10 year difference limit, those above 35 or 40 are "beyond hope". A 20 year limit means those above 45 or 50 are beyond hope. This works just as well with older women and younger men as with older men and younger women--do we really want to set a maximum age limit where, once you reach it, you are beyond hope? Let the Jehovah's Witlesses do that.

However, there is a biological problem with older women that want children through younger men. Women's reproductive systems shut down after around 50, and slow down at around 40-45. While I see nothing wrong with a 98 year old woman having consensual sex with a 18-year old man, I would not expect that to result in the 98-year old woman getting pregnant. And you have medical issues--a 98 year old woman (or man, for that matter) might not be able to keep up with a much younger partner--especially if the older partner has a serious medical condition that could result in stroke or heart disease and the younger person is healthy. But, these issues are no worse than something like interracial marriages or marriages between people of two different cultures. The problems are not absolute, so long as it is fully consensual and not coerced.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

WTW,

Why are you killing a fun thread with your analysis?

Judge Dread

• StoneWall
    StoneWall
    especially if the older partner has a serious medical condition that could result in stroke or heart disease and the younger person is healthy.

Yes but there's also the chance that the older one could go out with a bang.

What could be better than dying with a smile on your face?

As the Joker said in Batman....if you gotta go, go with a smile.

• JeffT
    JeffT

There was a great line on "Bones" a while back. The case they were working on involved cougars and Bones had to ask what the term meant. Somebody told her "older women who want a sexual relationship with younger men." To which Bones says "Doesn't that describe all older women?"

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Could I ever go cougar? I wouldn't rule it out!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Judge Dread:

You're right about the 80-year old. Her name is Maude and she's expired.

As a matter of fact, I wrote a story segment several weeks ago about Maggie the Cat but decided to delete it from this site. It wasn't in keeping with the serious nature of the thread.

If you care to read it ...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/meetups/197934/3/He-Killed-Our-Father

post #7708

CoCo

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Yikes if I go 10 years younger that would be 30....God I am old. I think if I were playing the field that I would stick to my own age. People think I am in my late 20's maybe 30.....thank God for good genes.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Ugh, I hate that term. I am almost 31, but someday I will be "cougar" status, and I do not think I could ever date younger. I seem to like older men for some reason...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit