Demons and the WTS

by brotherdan 200 Replies latest jw experiences

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

WW, great questions. That'd make for a good double blind test.

• donuthole
    donuthole

I have had direct encounters with unclean spirits and honestly I'm not impressed. JW's give so much power to the enemy and also manifest so much misplaced fear. Unclean spirits must yield to the authority of the Word of God. They must submit to the name of Jesus. Now this isn't to say that they might try to convince a person otherwise but when push comes to shove and they will fall in line. Really it isn't much of concern, as Jesus as quoted as saying, "Do not be joyful that the unclean spirits submit to you but that your names are written in Heaven."

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

DH, can you elaborate on your encounters?

• Chalam
    Chalam

I would love to hear the perspective of a believer about that passage.

Maybe you should ask Church of God with Signs Following?

They might have moved on to the "deadly poison" by now?

Extreme Snake handling/serpent handling Church Service

Blessings,

Stephen

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Mark 16:12 and on was a late edition to Mark. It almost certainly wasn't part of the original manuscript.

Cheeze - What is the manifestation of the Holy Spirit? I'd have to point to the fruits of the spirit talked about in Galatians 5:22. The Holy Spirit is talked about here, meaning that these qualities come directly from the Holy Spirit and not from ourselves. Even though we can manifest many of these qualities ourselves, we can know that the Holy Spirit is not present with someone that does NOT demonstrate these things.

Also, Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would "teach" us. The FDS would not be the ones to teach the bible to us. It would be the teacher or Holy Spirit. So a gowing in love and understanding of Jesus would be a manifestation of the Holy Spirit as well.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I see the use for it back in the apostles time.

Such as?

• donuthole
    donuthole
    Chalam, I noticed you left out the next verse.
    Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
    How strong is your faith? Do you think you could drink Drano and it wouldn't hurt you? I would love to hear the perspective of a believer about that passage.
    Any moron can babble in a made up language, where are all the real Christians who are ready to prove their faith by drinking poison?

Not Chalam but since you asked to hear the perspective of a believer I would be willing to share.

I have had terrible allergic reaction to peanuts. In one year I landed in the hospital twice after eating some chinese food and a cookie that had a small amount of peanuts in them.

In coming to faith I experienced this yet again, accidentally eating something containing peanuts. However this time I was mindful of what is written in Mark and believed and was delivered, praise God. (I understand a peanut allergy, while serious doesn't compare to deadly poison but up to this point in my life I haven't had the misfortunate to drink poison or be bit by a venemous serpent, the physical kind.)

Now I'm quite certain that if I was foolish enough to go around eating peanuts and some kind of "show" of faith that God might just let me suffer the consequences of such foolishness. Miracles and the power of the Spirit is for a purpose and it isn't to glorify the individual. Case in point, consider what is recorded of Jesus when he was tempted by the enemy, such as to jump off the top of the temple.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

WTF? Medical science save you the first two times yet it was faith the last time?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

The use in the apostles time was to preach to non greek or hebrew speaking people about the gospel. The use of tongues super started their preaching.

• Chalam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit