Demons and the WTS

by brotherdan 200 Replies latest jw experiences

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I heard a lot of crazy stories about demons. I heard a lot of crazy stories about smurfs, too. But I've never been molested by either.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

According to WT dogma, my home should now be Chock Full of demons.

I gotta tell you, I cannot tell any difference.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Yeah, but some of these people seem to actually believe them. Should I think that they are all crazy?

When I was about 14, one of my moms friends told me about an experience the she personally had. She told it to me with a straight face and in a somber tone. It didn't seem like it was meant to shock. She was merely relating an experience. She said that while she was growing up she had a Ouija board. She didn't use it much except as a party game sort of thing. But eventually she began studying with the witnesses. Eventually she decided that she needed to get rid of it. She went up to her room and took the board game and took it out to the outside trash, and went back inside. She walked back into her bedroom and it the board game was there, in the center of her bed. It freaked her out so she took the board out and ripped it in half. She then took it again to the outside garbage and threw it out. She again walked back into her room, and again the board game was sitting in the center of her bed. It was not ripped in half. It was whole. She said that she started freaking out and went to run out of the room. She said her door slammed and she could get it open. She banged on it and banged on it until her mom came and opened the door from the outside.

Anyway, these were the kind of stories that I grew up with as a JW. I remember hoping, in a way, that something like that would happen to me so that I could KNOW that there was an "invisible" world that was out there. But it never happened. Not even close.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Yeah, but some of these people seem to actually believe them.

When you were at Bethel, how many people "actually believed" that WT was God's Organization, the sole channel of spiritual food? More than 99%?

Facts are rendered helpless when confronted with the Power of Belief.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

*** w62 11/1 p. 658 par. 1 Subjecting Ourselves to “Every Human Creation” ***

These people have been made free from the bondage to untruth, ignorance and superstitions.

*** w84 11/15 p. 20 par. 18 Cleansed and Zealous for Fine Works ***

We are not the victims of superstition.

*** w87 11/1 p. 7 True Religion Dispels Fear — How? ***

Just as the tropical morning sun evaporates the heavy dew of the rain forest, the light of Bible truth dispels all superstitious fear.

*** w93 9/1 p. 6 Is Real Protection Possible? ***

Jehovah’s Witnesses are helping many to free themselves from harmful superstitions.

*** w95 8/15 p. 28 Resist Ungodly Traditions! ***

Yes, Christianity sets people free — free from enslavement to superstitions.

*** g99 10/22 pp. 7-9 Superstitions—Why So Persistent? ***

Many superstitions are closely connected with cherished religious beliefs.... (A little bit later in the article).... These [beliefs] present a number of subtle dangers. For one, the superstitious person could in effect be surrendering control of his life to unseen forces.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I also remember when I was 17, my mom took all my Stephen King books and burned them all in the fire place. She said she was getting a bad feeling at our house and decided that is where it was coming from.

Why would your house be full of demons, LWT?

P.S - I saw some pics of your family on the photo thread. Nice looking family! For some reason, I thought you were much older. Nice to have some young blood on the board. I feel like the little kid on this board sometimes.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Once I was talking to an elder about some doubts I was having, he stopped me in mid sentence and said, "Stop! Do not say what I think you're about to say, Satan can't read your mind, but once he hears you have doubts, you're his." WTF? Seriously? So I went home, called my mom, told her what I was thinking and haven't been attacked yet. Of course, maybe they leave me alone because I'm 'out' already in mind.... lol

• undercover
    undercover
    Should I think that they are all crazy

Delusional...but not crazy.

Delusional people can operate on a fairly normal basis in most aspects of life. As long as their delusions, like belief in ghosts, demons, supreme invisible beings, Jesus, Santa, etc. doesn't affect their daily life, you just have to accept it that they believe it even if you know better.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Why would your house be full of demons, LWT?

Religious books, violent entertainment, etc, etc.

• sabastious
    sabastious

There are literally millions of testimonies about the super natrual. Problem is you can never separate the cooky from the level-headed. Even sane people can go through times of major stress and have an insane experience.

Fact is, the supernatural is fairly harmless from the stories I have heard, just spiritual mischeif if anything. And that's if it's even real in the first place.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit