Demons and the WTS

by brotherdan 200 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chalam
    Chalam

That may be true but he's no longer certain about demons.

Maybe he got confused by the WT.

Anyhow, enough speculation, let us allow the man to speak his own mind :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Alright, here's my view. I see the reason for the demons to exist. I know that they are just fallen angels. I know that the bible talks about them repeatedly. I know that Jesus expelled demons.

But I've seen no evidence of this myself. All the stories that I've been told are sensationalized. They are meant to shock and scare and most of them are nothing more than silly stories. We've all heard the smurf stories. I even heard one of a Lepercahn (i'm sure i spelled that wrong) throwing cans at the witnesses while they were at the door. It's ridiculous.

So when I hear someone claim to have a ghost or demon experience today, I question their sanity. This only comes from my lifetime of hearing these ridiculous stories. I've never experienced anything. I've seen the Exorcist and contrary to what the WT said, I wasn't frozen in my seat and unable to get up. I don't have any desire for evil. But all the evil that I've ever seen in this world has been human related. There has been nothing to make me think that there are demons that attack and sometimes kill believers.

I read the book, "Kingdom of the Occult" by Dr. Walter Martin a few months ago. While it was interesting in that it explained the many occultic cults that exist today, it also repeated many of the sensationalist stories that I've grown up with.

I have no choice but to chalk ALL of it down to mental illness.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Demons are spirit and thus you are unlikely to see them unless you are "in the Spirit".

If you want to see the manifestation of "unclean spirits" in the physical then look no further than YouTube, I posted a few links before in a similar thread.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

I have no choice but to chalk ALL of it down to mental illness.

Classic cases of mental illness here Mark 9:14-32, Mark 5:1-20, take a read.

Blessings,

Stephen

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Modern times is what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about experiences in Jesus' time.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I see the reason for the demons to exist. I know that they are just fallen angels. I know that the bible talks about them repeatedly.

That's what the Society believes, but the actual first-century belief was that the demons are the spirits of the Nephilim, not the fallen angels themselves.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

The last time I got on a thread like this, my account was suspended.

Let's just say I've had a few experiences.

Judge Dread

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

PM me judge dread.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I have had an experience which I can't rationally explain; I don't want to go into it here. I am a skeptic, despite my own experience.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

It is actually a bit interesting that this subject is so taboo for many people. I don't know why a thread like this would get deleted... We should have open communication.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit