Demons and the WTS

by brotherdan 200 Replies latest jw experiences

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

brotherdan,

Save your breath, or should I say, save the tips of your fingers pounding on your keyboard.

Judge Dread

• Chalam
    Chalam

brotherdan,

Save your breath, or should I say, save the tips of your fingers pounding on your keyboard.

Amen.

John 20:30-31 (New International Version)

30 Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Blessings,

Stephen

• johnnyblazedog
    johnnyblazedog

I grew up with my mom feeding me the whole demons garbage also. I was terrified for many years, as I grew up and I awoke from the borg I had many instances when I would freak thinking a spirit was out to get me. So I took it head on, whenever I felt this way I would call out for the spirit, or try to talk to it even challenged it many of times and guess what??? I am now POSSED!! lol NO not really, NOTHING happened.

Do I believe in a higher supernatural power out there? PROBABLY!! Im sure there are things we dont understand and beyond what we can comprehend, so I will leave it at that!

CYBERJESUS-I love your comment about the popcorn and exorcism!! TOOOOOO FUNNY!! LMAO

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ohhh brother...

I remember all the "demunzzz" stories when I was growing up - caused me to become a hard-nosed cynic....

Then, when I left the cult, all those edicts against "demonism", occult skills/talents, and "Unnatural abilities" disappeared, and guess what??

Turns out I had a bit of psychic abilities myself... Which was a bit frightening at first.

Then frustrating. Turns out it doesn't 'work' all of the time. However, I have learned to NEVER ignore that tingling at the base of my skull...

As for 'ghosts', I was a REAL hard-a** about that. Didn't believe in them AT ALL - not 'ghosts', not 'demunz', not 'things that go 'bump' in the night...

My co-workers at a particular building kept telling me that the place was haunted. I kept laughing at them.

Until I saw something that defied the laws of physics...

I'm not quite as sceptical, now...

Zid

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    My co-workers at a particular building kept telling me that the place was haunted. I kept laughing at them.
    Until I saw something that defied the laws of physics...
    I'm not quite as sceptical, now...

That's usually what it takes.

JDW

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I'm certainly not debating that any of you had an experience you couldn't explain.

• Violia
    Violia

I saw a excorcism by what I believe what they call a deliverance preacher. It was not staged and those involved believed it to be real. It was real to them, and it was very frightening to watch. I never want to see anything like that again.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    It was not staged and those involved believed it to be real.

To quote JD, that's usually what it takes.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke%27s_three_laws

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Sometimes we confuse probably with possible.

Even if something is improbable, that doesn't mean it is immpossible.

We shouldn't be quick to dismiss things that we have not exprienced or that science has not "confirmed".

In 1900 it was viewed by many that man flying was impossible, in 1903 the Wright brothers "flew".

In 1929 it was viewed as impossible for man to fly in outerspce, in 1969 man landed on the Moon.

People somtimes use impossible when they should use imporobable.

We may KNOW something is improbable, but we don't KNOW if it is impossible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit