Thousands of people have come and gone from this site....is this part of the healing process???

by Witness 007 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I see alot of new names here lately and if you look at the log on names here there are Thousands who have moved on....every 2 years the posters change.....some vent and leave, others stay on for years. I guess moving on with your life is a good thing, I think this site helps...any thoughts?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, Double-O-Seven!

Of course, this site helps.

Sometimes, I wish we all lived in the same neighborhood.

We could borrow cups of sugar from each other, split watermelons, and ride the river together!

Syl

• johnnyblazedog
    johnnyblazedog

It helps to see that I am not alone, and that other people are able to open their eyes and escape the brain wash. Im new here,but have felt like this all my life.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Yes, this site helps. Some will get their help and move on.

I agree with you, Sylvia. I wish were were neighbors. Of course, you're only about 6 hours from me.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Sadly, some of the earlier members of this discussion board are no longer among the living, and others suffer the slings and arrows of age.

Some have made a decision to "move on," and I respect their decision.

The new ones offer us an opportunity for new friends.

[Selah]

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

As one who Moved On commented to me personally:

"I'm just tired about talking about Jehovah anymore."

Myself, I swoop in on occasion, but avoid most of the topics that are obvious flare-ups for young 'uns and diehards...

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I move on and then come back. I finally realize I will never be completely 'over it' so why try?

I like to read posts from 'newbies' and also to get inforamtion to help someone else 'see the light.'

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I find this site to be part of my therapy. I am on every day for a month or more and then feel the need to exit for a month or two and then I always seem to return. It has been helpful in so many ways! Since I post my picture and do not hide where I live, I make sure everything I write can be backed up by any of the local lurking elders - it is satisfying to know I have a (small) voice after 41 years in a cult.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Some need this site for just a short time, to provide affirmation or early days support. Other's keep coming here to help other's. Some of us come here because we have nothing better to do.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

This site has def helped me in the healing process...it still interests me to share discussion of spiritual things on here, to read others experiences and to keep up with ones I have become fond of, as well as to encourage the newbies who seem to just keep on coming... I've read comments from some who believe that if one stays on here they're 'stuck in some kind of rut' but I dont agree...if the time comes when I should move on I think I'll realise it but the WTBS has left its mark so seriously on most of us and its so good that we have each other to recover from that.

I agree wish we all shared a neighbourhood...it'd be cups of tea all round over here ...or preferably ...a glass of wine or two...?

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit