Thousands of people have come and gone from this site....is this part of the healing process???

by Witness 007 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I have found this site very informative as well as some very caring individuals post on this site.

As Nathan Natas stated so appropriately some reasons for ones not being here any longer.

The good thing about this site is that it is available to anyone that wants to benefit from it.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

No one will ever understand your situation better than another X-JW. We in this board have that in common. When you are too busy in your life that you dont think about your past as member of a cult then you wont be back here.

Saddly that is difficult to erase completely.

I sometimes come everyday 2 or 3 times and sometimes if I get busy I dont come at all. I wish I didnt have the need to come back but that will never happen since I have so many relatives still in and I do have some contact with them. Therefore I will need this board.

The solution will be to give up on all my relatives that way I can move on with my life. But that is not possible.

So this board is part of the healing process indeed.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Is anyone aware of someone that spent a lot of time on this site and then went back into the organization? Just curious.

Magwitch: I'm guessing that your avatar is not of you. 41 years in the organization! Wow...good for you on coming to your senses!!!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

So many great comments. I moved on a long time ago and can't explain why I am still here.

I guess it's because I enjoy your company.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

BrotherDan: My avatar is of me - I have no problem with people knowing I am on here and am an active apostate. The picture was taken last October with my daughter at her dorm (I cut my daughter out of the picture)

• steve2
    steve2
    if you look at the log on names here there are Thousands who have moved on....

Literally thousands??? Like how many 2 thousand? 3 thousand or more? I wouldn't have thought there had ever been that many posting here in the first place, let alone, "moving on".

Your word choice is interesting stating that "Thousands have moved on" - as if it is some purposeful forward movement. Maybe there's nothing deliberate or purposeful about coming and going from internet sites in general.Unlike a religion where membership is important, sites such as this serve a different purpose. I like the comments made by others in earlier responses to this thread.

Speaking for myself, some days I scan the topics and respond, other days I am caught up in my employment and family responsibilities. Nothing deliberate or about 'moving on'...

• jam
    jam

I have posted for years now. When I got out in 1987 I did not know many that had left the borg. I felt

alone. When I found this site and others I regain my sanity. I thought my problems were unique.

It has help me to deal with the shunning policy, it still hurts but when you read a story of A mother that has

not talk or seen their offspring in years, let say 15-20yrs. and maybe I have not talk to my daughter in 10yrs.

It helps, I feel for the mother, but it help to realize that their are many out there with the same problem.

And we all smile when new ones come on, reading their commits as they deprogram.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You hold your age well Magwitch! You're probably one of those moms that walks around with her daughter and everyone thinks you're sisters, huh?

• wobble
    wobble

I was suicidal at one point shortly before and after leaving the WT, for a number of reasons, but chief amongst them was finding out that the religion I had been born in to was founded on lies, was kept going on lies and run by liars.

It was a bit like finding out that the father you loved and respected all your life was a serial killer, a paedophile and he wasn't your father either.

The love,support and understanding I received on here kept me going, and the gentle reasonings educated me to use my critical thinking skills and helped me cope with freedom of thought.

JWD/JWN was a life-saver for me.

Thank you Simon and all who work to keep it going, and all you good people who post here.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Gladiator, Tatiana, Nathan - what a long road we've walked down together!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit