Thousands of people have come and gone from this site....is this part of the healing process???

by Witness 007 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    or maybe the ones who have left us went back to being a jw again....

Oh, no. If they do that they usually announce their intention to do so here...

V665

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

"I was suicidal at one point shortly before and after leaving the WT, for a number of reasons, but chief amongst them was finding out that the religion I had been born in to was founded on lies, was kept going on lies and run by liars. It was a bit like finding out that the father you loved and respected all your life was a serial killer, a paedophile and he wasn't your father either."

...Me too! Felt exactly this way also. This place saved my life. Thank you all!

HQ

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I forgot to mention that even if some people decide they no longer want to post, this site is valuable for keeping up to date with what the religion is currently doing or teaching.

This has been an eye-opener to me because in the past ten years that I have been a 'fader' there have been many changes in the religion. They have downsized bethel and sent many bethelites packing; there are lawsuits against the religion for child abuse (I saw an expose on TV); they have gotten rid of a meeting (the Tuesday night bookstudy); they have introduced a new songbook (that everybody hates); they have two versions of the WT magazine (one for the insiders and one for the public); they are selling off some kingdom halls. The things I hear from the few friends I have there tell me that people are unhappy and depressed. The bad economy is hurting everybody.

All in all, the message I get is that the religion is losing many people and not doing well. While there may have been a few people there that I like I certainly do not miss being in the religion and am relieved to be free of it all. I am older and wiser and certainly would not tolerate this nonsense now.

• Knb1983
    Knb1983

I'm a newbie here and have been on this site for hours now reading through different threads, and I have to say I feel so relieved to know that I'm not alone in my feeling towards the organization. I'm so thankful for finding this forum at this time in my life. I feel empowered to seriously start researching and figuring out things on my own that I have been doubting for a while now.

• molly1
    molly1

i am a newby to the sight. i left 25 years ago...............so happy i did. i was very devouted and believed all the bs. when i allowed myself to investigate the organization pandora's box was open and i could not go back with what i found. i wish a sight like this was available in 1985. this site helps a lot of people to realize they are not alone and to work through a difficult time of adjustment. i love to read the posts and feel good that people re regaining their lives and are happy....i sure am especially to have my mind back to have critical thinking without guilt of doubts etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit