I was never DF'ed, I wasn't abused, I never lost a loved one to the ban on blood

by OnTheWayOut 75 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was in a hurry earlier.

AGuest: I have weathered your accusations of mental instability, dishonesty, even charlatanism. None of which are very nice things to be accused of. And I responded to all that you stated to me in the kindest, mildest manner I know how. But I also responded in truth: you are bitter... and it is manifest in your responses... to me... and to others. For example, your response when another asked a simple question as to what a few letters ("bttt") meant was mean-spirited and unnecessary.

If you read your responses, they are not as wonderful as you think they were. You insulted my intelligence and continually talked of how you know things about me that you could not possibly know. You even attacked my looks. You insulted me in a few more ways, but I can't go back and read it now. Besides, it's the internet and feelings might get hurt. Let's get over ourselves. So, I am not following the Lord and you might be able to chalk it up to my heathen atheism, but you really ought to be above that stuff, what with the Holy Ghost guiding you and giving you an all-important mission here on JWN to save the heathens (or whatever the mission is).

As far as the "BTTT," since you keep mentioning it, I knew that it was already answered by someone else.
    I made the snide remark because the Holy Ghost can make sure the dog is fed, so He should be able to deal with such questions when guiding His pawns to save us heathens.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OTO & Aguest..

I like you both..

But..

The way you 2 Argue I have to ask..

Are you married?..

LOL!!..

Sorry..I could`nt help myself..LOL!!..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• agonus
    agonus

Sometimes it's tough to "get in, get out, get on with your life" when the one thing in life that really means anything to you - i.e. your kids - are taken from you by those still IN.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ahhhh, so this IS between us, dear OTWO (as always, peace to you!), you and me. Okay...

If you read your responses, they are not as wonderful as you think they were.

I do not think them wonderful, at all, and apologize for my OWN words/thinking when I am aware of it. Based on what follows, I am now aware that perhaps I hurt your feelings... and I sincerely apologize. In defending my faith... and perhaps that of others... I did not mean to degrade you, not at all.

You insulted my intelligence and continually talked of how you know things about me that you could not possibly know.

I think we may both be guilty of this, dear OTWO... but, again, I apologize for MY part...

You even attacked my looks.

Please, see the directly previous response. All of it, as it applies again here. My sincere apologies for MY part...

You insulted me in a few more ways, but I can't go back and read it now.

Please don't as there truly is no point. Again, my sincere apologies for MY part...

Besides, it's the internet and feelings might get hurt.

They shouldn't... but, yes, they do. Again, my sincere apologies for MY part...

Let's get over ourselves.

Yes, please... let's do. I promise to do MY part...

So, I am not following the Lord and you might be able to chalk it up to my heathen atheism,

Dear OTWO... I have NEVER called anyone a heathen, atheist or otherwise. That is not the way of my Lord and so not the way he has taught me. True, I can call hypocrites "hypocrites," and false christs "false christs"... even "imposters." But such view is born of man's doctrines and teachings... and smacks of the Pharisaical view of the people, "amhararets"... and thus, common... even unworthy. I have never had that view of ANYONE. I have shared with I am given with all... regardless of who they are or what they were. I do not judge or condemn you for not following Christ. I don't even direct my words to you on most occasions. I think (and, yes, I could be wrong but I don't think so)... "something" in what I share has sparked "something" in you that has started, well, a bit of a conundrum... and you are rebelling against it. I do not judge or condemn you for that, either. You have to do what YOU have to do... what YOU think you need to do. Not what I think.

If you don't want to follow Christ, then by all means, dear one... don't follow Christ. And if you do, then by all means... do so. It is entirely up to YOU... entirely YOUR choice. Always.

but you really ought to be above that stuff, what with the Holy Ghost guiding you and giving you an all-important mission

here on JWN to save the heathens (or whatever the mission is).

You entirely misunderstand me, dear OTWO. Truly. And just to set the record straight, we ALL have the mission that I have... to declare "abroad" the GOOD news of the kingdom. Some here, some elsewhere. Whatever. But my mission is no more important than anyone else's. I just don't reject it... but instead WELCOME the opportunity. He gave his life for me, dear one. It's the LEAST I can do...

As far as the "BTTT," since you keep mentioning it, I knew that it was already answered by someone else.

Yes, which is why your response was all the more... nevermind. I am more than willing to let the matter go. I said my piece, I apologize if doing so offended you... and I am more than ready to move on...

I made the snide remark because the Holy Ghost can make sure the dog is fed, so He should be able to deal with such

questions when guiding His pawns to save us heathens.

Ah, yes, so YOU are excused from snideness, but... again, nevermind. It is of no matter, truly. Again, I apologize for hurting your feelings and offending you.

I remain,

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    The way you 2 Argue I have to ask.. Are you married?...

If this is like what being married is like, dear OUTLAW (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!), then it's no wonder many marriages fail. I have never had discussions like this with either husband, the ex or the current. Even when we don't believe the same thing. Although the ex was a jerk at times, he didn't disregard what I believed... or ridicule it. Indeed, he respected it, as does my current husband. For one reason, and a very important one: they know ME. They know I'm not superstitious or irrational (far from it!)... and am interested and can discuss the benefits and necessity of "science"... as well things that "science" can't prove, yet (if it ever can). I am simply not that limited, sorry.

But I understand and thank you for trying to help both dear OTWO and ME... to... ummmm... accept one another and have peace between us. I have tried and will continue to try because it does fall upon me, first. Does that mean I have to stay away from threads addressing atheism? I would hope not, but perhaps that is the answer. If so, I can do that (unless I am directed not to, of course), because I am a big girl and my feelings are not hurt at all when someone doesn't agree with me.

So, again, thank you... and please know that I truly appreciate this effort. Peace to you, truly... and to dear OTWO, as well.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Lets see,... I was DF"D, was abused, and did watch someone I loved die because they didn't take a transfusion.. no really.

Didnt leave for any of those reasons.

ONTWO, I know many like you who didnt leave for any of those reasons. There are alot of things that affect a person. I also understand your anger.

One of my favorite quotes is, "you can't be made at God, and not believe he exists at the same time."

So I guess my question is... are you mad at him?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PSac, you have it essentially correct. I mentioned in a further post on page one that I was aware of irony in the thread. I suppose I could have been clearer that there's some contradictions too. I had a bunch of baggage that needed to be processes and WTS took advantage of that and kept me from processing it. I can't just lump it all into WTS's lap and say that it was all from being burned by them, but I had to arrive at that conclusion. The idea of the thread was that I am not some time-bomb or that I have a huge chip on my shoulder about my treatment that causes me to say what I say. I notice that there are plenty of others that feel similar and I wanted to reach out for them/us. Strength and contentment to those that did suffer terribly, but many of us have strong feelings about this damned dangerous mind-control cult even without shunning, abuse, being kicked out, and losing people to their medical errors.

It seems that the WT took something beautiful or at least what COULD have been and perverted it to a point thatmade you doubt the very existence of God, inspite of what COULD have been a divine intervention.

I know you don't blame them for that, but perhaps you should.

I wonder what would have happened had you joined a more loving and less extreme type of religion.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Shelby..

We both know not everyone is going to agree with each other..

I gave up on that a long time ago..

LOL!!..

It would be a shame for you to not post,because someone disagrees with you..

OTO..

People will have thier own beliefs..Nothing will ever stop that..

You`ll drive yourself crazy trying to do,what no one has ever done..

My best to both of you..

................... ...OUTLAW

• cantleave
    cantleave

Shelby - DO NOT stay away from threads about atheism.

In fact don't stay away from any threads - except maybe these......

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Are you aware of the condescending tone in pretty much all of your posts, AGuest? I'm not attacking you or anything, but alot of people don't like to be called, "Dear OTWO". I've read your comments for a while now, and alot of them really seem attacking and VERY condescending. You might want to work on that if you don't want to drive people away... If you want people to read your posts with honesty and respect, you need to treat others with respect too. You end all your posts with something like "a slave of Christ". I sure hope that Jesus did not talk to people the way that you do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit