I was never DF'ed, I wasn't abused, I never lost a loved one to the ban on blood

by OnTheWayOut 75 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Keep it on topic please

Yes, dear Lady Lee (peace to you!). My apologies (again) to dear OTWO...

SA, a slave of Christ

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

I'll try to keep this on topic, the bible makes a very good point about not being "spiritual babes", not being spiritual babes for a reason so we know right from wrong, putting human error aside most jw's (and other religions) are not aware that their doctrine differs from the bible.

I can't put this in a nice way, the WT do not follow prov 20:23, they can preach but can not be preached! Isn't that detestable to God?? since this is the case how can they possibly know if their spiritual food is instead biased from followers of men?

My mum is paranoid about me on the net, guess who told her to be paranoid? Sometime back there was a talk about the web being like the web of a spider catching people and the person doing the talk also mentioned apostates in the cong. Previously I did all my searching through books not the internet, and the only reason why there are apostates in the cong is because its so hard to just walk out, I am not even an un-bathtised publisher and am finding it hard because I started a book study and don’t know what to say or even know what the repercussions will be.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for inputting, Lady Lee. The topic evolved, not just jumped to other things. But thanks for un-derailing.

Joey Jo-Jo, if I read you right, you are not baptized and not yet a "publisher." You are free to simply stop studying and stop doing anything you want to stop. But yes, most are fearful to leave or stop activity. That alone shows how we can be affected by the dangerous mind-control cult.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

But you will never truly KNOW that, will you? AND... it seems by THIS statement that it was not GOD who failed you... but "SCIENCE." Yet, you cannot "see" that. Because... you don't WANT to. And so, your mind is STILL fooling you, dear one.

Shelby, does this mean it was God/Jesus that failed all the little kids raped by priests? The analogy is accurate.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

OnTheWayOut: I'll elaborate, its not as simple as it sounds, though I am studying I still attend and had attended meetings for many years and most of my family are in the org, I still live under my parents roof. I would be better off showing no spiritual inclinations than showing an interest in bible studies but not the org. It will be interesting to see what happens, what the spiritual policemen will say.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Joey Jo Jo (I love the name, I assume from THE SIMPSONS) do not, I repeat: DO NOT get baptized. No matter what, don't do it. Do your best to never become an unbaptized publisher, also. Thanks for sharing.

• Joey Jo-Jo
  • AGuest
    AGuest
    Shelby, does this mean it was God/Jesus that failed all the little kids raped by priests? The analogy is accurate.

Absolutely not. Such ones were failed by those who their parents put THEIR faith... and the souls of their poor children... in. You know "him." The one THEY call "Father":

"pope" - Pronunciation: \'pop\ Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English papa, from Late Latin papa, from Greek pappas, papas, title of bishops, literally, papa 1: Head of the Roman Catholic Church2: ...3 a: the Eastern Orthodox or Coptic patriarch of Alexandria

HIS followers openly revere, venerate, adore, and follow him. Tell me, no, tell those kids... where was HE?

Sigh! The analogy is SO off base here, dear NVL... as are you.

BUT... as always, I bid you peace. Truly!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If God were there, I would blame him. Inaction against those that the children think represent God is inexcuseable. I know you will say "No, it's not."
    We can agree that we won't see this the same way. But let me add a few more things that were done "in God's name" while God didn't prevent them:

The Crusades- The Pope, anxious to assert Rome's authority in the east, sent a military expedition to reconquer the holy land. The crusaders ravaged the countries they passed through and massacred the Muslim, Jewish and even Christian population of Jerusalem after capturing it. After 200 years of conflict Muslim armies drove them out for good, but the crusaders' symbol of the red cross remains provocative.

The Inquisition- The Church attempted to combat suspected apostates. Anyone who differed with Church ideas or just stood in the way was subject to tribunals. Thousands were tortured and executed. Some of the favorites were the use of racks, thumbscrews, burning at the stake and red-hot metal instead of blades.

The Holocaust- Pope Pius XII never publicly condemned the Nazis' persecution of Jews, even when they were being rounded up and deported from Rome. His silence is partly blamed for the failure of Germany's Catholics to resist Hitler. Anti-Jewish Catholic doctrines such as the claim that the Jews murdered Christ were said to have ideologically underpinned nazism. Vatican officials allegedly helped Nazis escape Europe after the war.

There's also the recorded so-called history of the Old Testament. At least there, God admits they were His people doing His will when they raped children and killed whole villages. (I know, arguments ensue)

There is no way a God who allows such things when He could prevented them exists. No way. So I have to agree that it isn't His fault.
    Next would be children being the innocent victims (go ahead and argue "innocent") of disaster and violence not caused by bad decisions of their parents. There is no way a God could be that cold to stand by and let that happen. It's not Flying Spaghetti Monster's fault and it's not Yahweh's fault.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ummmm... are you addressing me, dear OTWO (peace to you)? It looks like it, but I don't want to assume that the "you" is me... and I certainly don't want to be accused of going "off topic" any further that dear NVL (peace to you, too!) had led this discussion. Since you refer to "Yahweh," perhaps not. But I thought I should ask.

If you ARE addressing me, this goes back to the obligations of the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, as set forth by means of the NEW Covenant... which only covers those who belong to Him... by means of belonging to Christ... which I've mentioned several times before. I do get, though, that you might not "get" that... and so keep asking these same kinds of questions.

Again, peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit