I was never DF'ed, I wasn't abused, I never lost a loved one to the ban on blood

by OnTheWayOut 75 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    Are you aware of the condescending tone in pretty much all of your posts, AGuest? I'm not attacking you or anything, but alot of people don't like to be called, "Dear OTWO". I've read your comments for a while now, and alot of them really seem attacking and VERY condescending.

Brotherdan, very well put. I've picked up on that tone as well, and it has come to be like nails on a chalkboard.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A piece of the Holy Ghost to ya, AGuest. I did have AGuest in mind when I said "you" in the third sentence above, but it wasn't necessarily exclusively "you." It's just that I was responding to the last post in the thread at the moment.

If you wonder about how someone accused you of a condescending attitude, thanks for helping others see it with some complicated rambling rule or doctrine of either Christianity or the Holy Ghost that whispers in your ear followed by " I do get, though, that you might not "get" that..." Funny, I am supposed to "get" the idea of the New Covenant when it isn't even part of the "Scripture" that you said "is those parts of [the Book of] Moses, the Psalms, the Prophets, and the Revelation... that have not been tampered with but remain as they were when given to men while they were in spirit." (...on another current thread.)

Back on subject, though. My response above was made by someone who was never abused by priests or elders, never thrown out of the church, and never experienced the death of a loved one because of church doctrines. I didn't get divorced because of the church and I have no children that shun me, nor do any of my relatives. It is possible to just finally see the garbage that comes out of religion and the mouths of followers of the Holy Ghost.

• AGuest
    AGuest

- I do not mean to be condescending to anyone, dear Serenity (peace to you!). It is curious to me, however, that things can be "covertly" addressed to me as admitted by the poster (funny, ain't it, that folks don't even have the courtesy to address me forthright, but make implications and insinuations)... and when I call them on it... I'm the "bad" one... "condescending"). Okay. Well, I don't know how old YOU are, but I have learned, in my half a century of living, that all it takes in this world is for someone to play the "Woe is me; I'm a poor... she/they're picking on me" melarkey... which is the underlying purpose of this... and that's all it really takes to get folks to jump on a bandwagon. "oh, look, now, she's condescedning to poor OTWO." You know, the whole "common enemy" thing. Where were you, though, dear one, when dear OTWO was being OPENLY snide and condescending to others... in the threads that preceded this one? Did HE "grate" on your nerves? No, of course, he didn't.

Well, take a note: I'm not a victim and I am no one's "poor" anything. I stand firm for what I believe. And I will defend what I believe... before you, BrotherDan, OTWO... the Pope... Billy Graham... Tommy... Tucker... and anyone else... if called upon to do so.

Now, there are a WHOLE lot of folks on this board who claim to "love" God and Christ. And don't judge whether they do or don't. But I am NOT the kind of "christian," indeed, I am not the kind of mother, wife, sister, "brother," friend, neighbor, co-worker, citizen... human being... who is SO afraid of others that I will just let them say... to me... false things about ANYONE dear to me. My God... my children... my husband.... my family... my fellow slaves of Christ... my friends... my co-workers... or even a full out stranger if I knew it was untrue.

Yes, I am the one who will SPEAK up when everyone in office KNOWS who stole the dang stapler... but remain quite while it's blamed on the wrong person. I am the one who will say to the thug, "Stop lying, you DID hit that man over the head with your gun and rob him." Say I have "cahones." Say I'm "condescending." Say what you will. So, what? But I would even step up and defend YOU... if I knew someone was lying on YOU.

And I doing no more than that here... whether you, he, or anyone else like it... or can handle it or not. Because I'm not looking for "glory" from you... or OTWO... or anyone of earthling man, anyway. There is not a one of them that can add or take away one cubit from MY life-span. Not one.

Now, if I were to claim NO faith in God at all, or announced that I belonged to some religion or church, I could pretty much "speak" to folks here as I will... in all kinds of condescending, even hateful, tones. And VERY few would have anything to say about it. Heck, I could even get sleazy. No problem. But defend my faith and my God? Oh, no, Shel, we can't have that - that means your talking down to someone.

Take a note, dear Serenity: I am not a cowardly "christian." I am not a cowardly anything. Nor am I a people-pleaser.

I would say to YOU... and perhaps dear BrotherDan... that rather than just limit your comments to what you THINK you know from this thread... take a little "walk" and go open up some others. Then come back here and tell us, truly, who's been condescending.

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA, who really hate it when people think they know "what's going on"... because they've come in during the middle... or even on the tail-end of a matter. Isn't there a proverb somewhere about replying to a matter when you haven't heard the whole thing?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

- I do not mean to be condescending to anyone, dear Serenity (peace to you!). It is curious to me, however, that things can be "covertly" addressed to me as admitted by the poster (funny, ain't it, that folks don't even have the courtesy to address me forthright, but make implications and insinuations)... and when I call them on it... I'm the "bad" one... "condescending"). Okay. Well, I don't know how old YOU are, but I have learned, in my half a century of living, that all it takes in this world is for someone to play the "Woe is me; I'm a poor... she/they're picking on me" melarkey... which is the underlying purpose of this... and that's all it really takes to get folks to jump on a bandwagon. "oh, look, now, she's condescedning to poor OTWO." You know, the whole "common enemy" thing. Where were you, though, dear one, when dear OTWO was being OPENLY snide and condescending to others... in the threads that preceded this one? Did HE "grate" on your nerves? No, of course, he didn't.

Well, take a note: I'm not a victim and I am no one's "poor" anything. I stand firm for what I believe. And I will defend what I believe... before you, BrotherDan, OTWO... the Pope... Billy Graham... Tommy... Tucker... and anyone else... if called upon to do so.

None of that (and very little of the rest of your statement) has anything to do with someone accusing you (AGuest) of being condescending. It's all strawman. And I didn't hide who (or is it "whom") I was refering to. I clarified it when asked.

Alrighty then. I said on another thread that I know when I should just walk away. I ain't running scared, but this is just pointless. Thanks for your input, all of you.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oh yeah: Peace to you, all of you.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I did have AGuest in mind when I said "you" in the third sentence above...

Yes, we know that, you and I...

but it wasn't necessarily exclusively "you."

Well, of course not. Not now...

It's just that I was responding to the last post in the thread at the moment.

Yes. Which post came from me.

If you wonder about how someone accused you of a condescending attitude, thanks for helping others see it with some complicated rambling rule or doctrine of either Christianity or the Holy Ghost that whispers in your ear

Two people (and I am sure there are others who feel similar but haven't spoken up). The "count" for those who've said similar of you, however, to me, at least... is now up to 12. So, what? Do you care what those who believe YOU to be the antagonizer and condescender in this matter think, really? Why, then, should I for those who think it of me, in this matter? I'm a big girl and I don't need anyone to come to my rescue. So, I don't try to get people to "hear" ME... by playing on their sympathies. YOU put me in this thread... by naming ME. If you TRULY wanted to solely discuss what your title suggests, you would done that without implicating ANYONE else. It was YOUR issue... and I had nothing to do with it.

followed by " I do get, though, that you might not "get" that..."

I get... that you might not get what I posted. Your next comment shows me that I was right:

I am supposed to "get" the idea of the New Covenant when it isn't even part of the "Scripture" that you said "is those parts of [the Book of] Moses, the Psalms, the Prophets, and the Revelation... that have not been tampered with but remain as they were when given to men while they were in spirit." (...on another current thread.)

See? No. Of course, you don't. But I'm damned if I do (explain it)... and damned if I don't (explain it). The New Covenant is absolutely part of "scripture." It was fully prophesied... and while the features of it may have been... good, Lordy... misstated in all sorts of ways by those who CLAIM to know... so as to create all sorts of so-called "christian" doctrines... which doctrines have been used to draw people AWAY from God and Christ and to MEN and THEIR institutions... to wreak havoc in the "name" of God... to build weathly empires where old men have their every need tended to - heck, some may not even wipe their own butts! - it is FULLY intact and FULLY in effect.

And that you don't get that... that you don't get that it is "scripture,"... is only part and parcel with the reason why you're SO angry WITH God and Christ: because you DON'T know them.

Now, I need to move on because, as I have openly admitted on this board, I am a sinner. A foremost one. And so [very] imperfect. And I have grown tired of this matter. There is nothing else I can offer you... and nothing else I wish from you. So... I am done. Think what you will... say what you will. But I am choosing to take my leave so that I don't become angry and "sin" with MY "tongue." Or heart.

Peace to you, dear OTWO... and this will be the last interchange between us. You can invoke my name all you wish, but I would exhort you to ask yourself why you continually need to do so. Why "AGuest/Shelby" is even... let alone constantly... on YOUR "brain."

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit