No Link Found Between Vaccine Mercury and Autism

by leavingwt 132 Replies latest social current

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Should all children be screened for mitochondrial disorders? This is easier said than done. Some children with mitochondrial disorders can be diagnosed only by muscle biopsy or some other invasive or labor-intensive study" page 109, chapter 4 "Speculative Causes of ASD, and the Autism "Explosion", Making Sense of Autistic Disorders.

I may soon bow out of this topic. It hits too close to home and I find that I'm becoming flustered about it. I get the some feeling that no matter what I say or whatever proof there is out there to discredit folks like Wakefield there will be some who will imply that folks like Leolaia and I don't know what we're talking about even though both of us are closer to this issue than most.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

mrsjones....Interesting that Joshua is being mainstreamed at the same age I was, although I was mainstreamed to second grade rather than first grade. That he is doing well in learning and excelling in math is terrific (I sucked at math tho). What really makes me happy is that you say that "he's got a lot of people that cares for him at school"; hopefully these include peers? I can tell you that my second grade was a living hell because among my peers, I was the weirdo, I was the one who did things very oddly, I had no friends, I didn't know how to make friends, I didn't know how to play games or do anything without letting people down, I was very sensitive to their differences, and I was teased and mocked and bullied constantly. Second grade and fifth grade were the most depressing years of my childhood, as I had no friends and was so shy and resentful towards other people. I had close friends in third and fourth grade (the happiest years of my young childhood), but those friendships did not last the year. In fifth grade, I had no one to socialize with on the playground so I regressed to my self-stimming activities I did back in preschool, which REALLY made me seem weird to other kids. So I think it may be better these days, at least I hope, for many kids in my situation who are at least understood better by teachers and whose peers hopefully are more able to accept their differences or know what their challenges are. Anyway, having things he is good at will be great for his self-esteem. I have an essay I wrote in English class in summer school after sixth grade where I reflected on my friend from third grade and how heart-broken I was when she stopped being my friend. And I said that to fill my loneliness I turned to my many interests in science, noting: "Brightness is a companion, one that can never go away." I believe that. I still grew up with a terrible self-esteem tho.

I was (and am) so intense with my interests. Good that he has things that keeps his mind excited and intrigued. :)

• Hadit
    Hadit

Read Good Books & Meeting Junkie No More: I see your side as well. Good posts.

If we only read the WT for information we can all see what happens! One needs to know all the different angles. As I said in my previous post - look at the real world because statistics can be made to say anything you want them to.

The whole premise of illness and disease needs to be looked at as well. It's worthwhile to read up on Antoine Bechamp and Louis Pasteur - The Germ Theory of Disease.

Again - I know this is a heated topic but ones should not assume that because people don't vaccinate that they are ignorant, gullible or crackpots. I don't know of too many parents that take their children's lives as disposable - whether or not they choose to vaccinate.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I was (and am) so intense with my interests. Good that he has things that keeps his mind excited and intruiged. :)

Oh always. I know his little mind is alway active and working. It continues to amaze me the things he latches on to be interested in. Fortunately for Joshua, he has classmates in his class who know him from last year and are fairly protective of him. Also the parents of these kids know him and are protective too. We lucked out when we enrolled Joshua in his school.

P.S. When I said crackpot I wasn't inferring to parents who decide not to vaccinate. I was referring to those "experts" who promote not vaccinating without any certifiable published proof that vaccinations cause Autism. All of my children have been vaccinated, three before mercury was taken out of childhood vaccinations and one after the mercury was taken out. Guess which one has Autism? The one after the mercury was taken out, my baby boy Joshua.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Good for him. That supportive environment will go very far in helping Joshua reach his potential.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Again - I know this is a heated topic but ones should not assume that because people don't vaccinate that they are ignorant, gullible or crackpots.

It's comment like this that will drive me from this topic.
    Where's the sympathy for me? I have a child with Autism. I'm not taking out of my ass about this topic! I LIVE this every damn day. I read read read to find out what's best for my baby boy. But NO Sympathy for a real mother of a child with autism, let's give it to those who's children are normal but in fear that vacciations may give their kids autism.

Love you Leolaia.

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

There are multiple variables to the causes of autism, I think there is a high risk when all the vaccines are given within close proximity and depending on the number of vaccines given out.

My niece has autisim, and there is no worst thing than to have a child with autism and being a Jehovah Witness, I'm not going to say more. It makes me angry!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    My niece has autisim, and there is no worst thing than to have a child with autism and being a Jehovah Witness

Well, I can say that being a child with autism and being a JW at the same time also really sucked. Imagine being teased for being weird and "retarded" for just being myself, and then having to make myself stand out even more by having to do things like 1) make a stand every day by not singing the national anthem or saluting the flag, 2) having to sit out of any holiday-themed events or classroom birthday parties, 3) being discouraged from making friends with non-JW kids, etc.

• read good books
    read good books

n other words, your mostly basing your oppinion on crooks and pseudo-scientists like Wakefield and Gary Null you happened to stumble by on the internet, and then you didnt research them. Since you didnt research them in the first place, i shouldnt expect you to back up your oppinion by more than a bit of copy pasting since, hey, its properly wrong

Boehm I have already stated I am basing my opinion on the fifty plus years I have lived on this planet and the increase in vaccines and autism I have seen. Yes I have read studies. But I have also read about people around the world who disagree with them.

I just read an article about China and a large number of people there are refusing the vaccines because of the damaging side effects they believe that their kids have gotten after taking them.

At any rate the fault lies with those who have not told the truth, not with the victims of autism.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I have already stated I am basing my opinion on the fifty plus years I have lived on this planet and the increase in vaccines and autism I have seen.

Yeah, science and math often are the enemy of old people. As is anecdotal evidence. And changes in science. And the DMV. And kids with hats turned sideways. And the interwebs. And text messaging.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit