No Link Found Between Vaccine Mercury and Autism

by leavingwt 132 Replies latest social current

• read good books
    read good books

Other factors for autism

There are likely other factors involved, and their danger potentially gets multiplied in the presence of methyl mercury from vaccines. Monosodium glutamate (MSG), for example, is a neurotoxin, too, and kids today are eating more and more foods laced with MSG as flavor enhancers. (It’s found in canned soups, gravy mixes, salad dressings, snack dips, and virtually all “instant” microwaveable meals.) Look for “yeast extract” on food labels: It’s a covert source of MSG that manufacturers use to avoid having to place “MSG” on the ingredients label.

There’s also aspartame and diet sodas. Aspartame is a potent neurotoxin that could be making the nervous system especially vulnerable to damage from vaccines. Beyond chemical food ingredients, the human nervous system can also be compromised by pain drugs administered during childbirth, antidepressant drugs or diabetes drugs given to expectant mothers, or even the highly toxic chemicals commonly found in “baby care” products used in hospitals around the world.

Even before they’re born, most first-world babies are exposed to a toxic stew of synthetic chemicals. The chemical invasion of a vaccine injection might be the one final blow that sends the nervous system in a downward spiral of destruction.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/vaccines-cause-autism-supporting-evidence.html

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm currently reading a book: "Making Sense of Autistic Spectrum Disorders" by Dr. James Coplan, and it's making a whole lot more sense than the pseudo-medical stuff on that the link that was just posted.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

mrsjones.

BTW, how is Joshua doing? He is now 7 years old? That was the age I was forced into a mainstream classroom rather than having SLD education. It was a very difficult transition for me, but perhaps it was for the better, I don't know. I did make huge progress from age 5 to 7, so it could've been worse, but every kid is different. I hope he's finding his way through what can be a confusing world.

• read good books
    read good books

Sorry Ms Jones but geez look at these different studies...

From the NewsMax.com Staff
    For the story behind the story...

Thursday, March 2, 2006 9:33 p.m. EST

Reprint Information
    Book on Katie Couric Makes Waves
    White House: We're Not Subject to FOIA
    FBI Seeks 2 Mysterious Men on Ferry
    Publisher: Conservatives Do Read As Much As Liberals
    Romney Shrugs Off Mormon History Film

A new study shows that autism may be linked after all to the use of mercury in childhood vaccines, despite government’s previous claims to the contrary. An article in the March 10, 2006, issue of the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons (JPandS.org) shows that since mercury was removed from childhood vaccines, the alarming increase in reported rates of autism and other neurological disorders (NDs) in children not only stopped, but actually dropped sharply – by as much as 35 percent.

Using the government’s own databases, independent researchers analyzed reports of childhood NDs, including autism, before and after removal of mercury-based preservatives. Authors David A. Geier, B.A. and Mark R. Geier, M.D., Ph.D. analyze data from the CDC’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) and the California Department of Developmental Services (CDDS) in "Early Downward Trends in Neurodevelopmental Disorders Following Removal of Thimerosal-Containing Vaccines.”

The numbers from California show that reported autism rates hit a high of 800 in May 2003. If that trend had continued, the reports would have skyrocketed to more than 1000 by the beginning of 2006. But in fact, the Geiers report that the number actually went down to only 620, a real decrease of 22 percent, and a decrease from the projections of 35 percent."

also what about those trace amounts...

"3) Trace amounts

The FDA site, as quoted above, states that vaccines with trace amounts of thimerosal contain 1 microgram or less of mercury per dose. That certainly sounds like a very small amount and the implication appears to be that the amount is too small to have any effect. But the FDA also referred to the theoretical potential for neurotoxicity of even low levels of organomercurials.

It seems dubious to claim that epidemiological studies show no autism increase after removal of mercury-thimerosal if all elements of the material have not in fact been removed when the potential for neurotoxicity is recognized even in small amounts. Partcularly since the FDA, as stated above, considers vaccines with trace amounts to be vaccines with the mercury removed:

A preservative-free version of the inactivated influenza vaccine (contains trace amounts of thimerosal) is available in limited supply at this time for use in infants, children and pregnant women.

Why leave trace amounts in the vaccines to begin with? If trace amounts of thimerosal can still have a preservative effect on bacteria in the vaccines then why can't they also have a neurotoxic effect on children receiving the vaccines? And some of the flu vaccines, the ones not considered thimerosal free, contain more than trace amounts of thimerosal."

http://www.wellsphere.com/autism-autism-spectrum-article/has-thimerosal-actually-been-removed-from-vaccines-if-not-of-what-value-are-the-epidemiological-studies/547622

also since pregnant women get the flu shot which has thimerosal...oh well...(sigh).

• Leolaia
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

BTW, how is Joshua doing? He is now 7 years old? That was the age I was forced into a mainstream classroom rather than having SLD education. It was a very difficult transition for me, but perhaps it was for the better, I don't know. I did make huge progress from age 5 to 7, so it could've been worse, but every kid is different. I hope he's finding his way through what can be a confusing world.

Yep, Joshua's seven and in first grade now. He's still being transitioned into regular class with neurotypical kids. His classwork is good (I just found out he's a whiz in math) but he's having problems sitting still (of course) and wandering in class. He's kept his sense of humor, when his teacher asked the class to write numbers from one to a hundred Joshua wrote 1, 11, 21, 31, 41, 51, and so on to 100 (the little dickens). The one part that breaks my heart is Joshua wants so bad to play with other children but he just doesn't get how to play with other kids. But fortunately he's got a lot of people that cares from him at school and we're working a plan to help Joshua learn how to play with kids other than his siblings. Oh, his speech has gotten better and more conversational. He's still crazy about the Titanic but recently a new obsession has emerged: baseball.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I think read good books should be reading more books than internet

• bohm
  • bohm
    bohm

I find the anti-vaccine movement evil. its a fact that the vaccines prevent millions of deaths. its a fact that now, as less children are being vaccinated, this has been the cause of death for hundreds of children, about 600 children has died needlesly according to:

http://www.jennymccarthybodycount.com/Jenny_McCarthy_Body_Count/Home.html

And its not only the children of gullible parents who are in risk, there is a certain percentage of children where the vaccine is not working and they have to rely on the patogene being extremely rare.

Those facts are often glossed over by the anti-vaccine crowd.

Another fact that is often glossed over is that there is absolutely no evidence that show a link between autism and vaccines, and some of the largest medical studies ever conducted show there is no link. The anti-vaccine crowd like all crack-pot movements point to small, bogus studies often conducted by known crackpots with criminal history.

http://www.youtube.com/user/donexodus2?blend=1&ob=4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_126705&v=o9P80I96X4c

Lets take our dear dr. Wakefield who has been central in the current anti-vaccine movement. From the last video is is clear this skumbag has been PAID money to fabricated data that show a link between autism/vaccine. In doing so he has lied to be able to conduct painfull procedures to children. This, ofcourse, is nothing compared to the many preventable deaths his greed has caused. To sum up his work:

• Paid 50'000 pounds by a guy who was suing vaccine companies to conduct a study showing link between autism/vaccine. He failed to report this to the Lancet, where he had the study puplized.
    • Funny stuff: Our altruistic doctor applied for a patent for single-shot measel vaccine 9 months before he held a press conference announcing single-shot measel vaccines was the way to go. Im sure he would have donated the money to the poor.
    • The study Wakefield conducted had a sample-size of 12 (!!!)
    • It was a non-random ensamble of children provided by anti-vaccine groups.
    • 11 of them was boys.
    • He then tampered with the data from the 12 children, hiding facts like
      • Some of the children allready showed signs of autism before vaccination
      • Sampled from their stomach wakefield claimed showed damage from vaccine was found to be normal by experts.
      • Some of the children dr. Wakefield claimed to show signs of autism did not have autism.
    • Wakefield lied that he had approval from ethics commitee to do physical painfull tests on children; then went ahead and did said tests.

Anyone who want to put the least bit of trust in dr. Wakefields work should ask him/herself if it stand up to the normal standards of science.

RGB, do you think his work does that? Do you think a sample-size of 12 is sufficient to support such a potentially dangerous advice on?

http://briandeer.com/ (source).

• bohm
    bohm

RGB:

If you look to the left of this post, you can see a live stream from my webcam. Why?

Well, you copy-pasted from this link before:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/vaccines-cause-autism-supporting-evidence.html

From said link:

Rates of autism have skyrocketed 1000% since 1990, yet defenders of vaccines and the pharmaceutical industry keep scratching their heads in confusion: What could be causing this? Lots of clues point to vaccines as one of the primary contributing factors to increased rates of autism.

In this article, we present supporting quotes from some of the industry’s top authors who write about the possible links between autism and vaccines. Enjoy this collection of research.

The bolded parts would indicate the article is written by people who

• actually conduct any research to back up their claims
    • have a friggin' clue as to what they are saying.

Well, i can see how such a list of seemingly intelligent, informed people who have researched the subject and found a link between autism/vaccine can be very convincing. The problem is that as i skimmed the quotes and something jumped out to me: Two of the quotes are by Gary Null. Gary Null got all the credentials of a crackpot. This include:

• A PhD in natural science from a university which does not give phds in natural science.
    • Written books and made films that deny HIV causing AIDS.
    • Believe in pretty much all medical quackery imaginable such as healing with magnets, etc.
    • Nearly killed himself from eating some of the stuff he sell from his website. After he fell sick, he desided the best cure was to eat more. He was rushed to the hospital and treated for kidney damage.
    • Believes aging is caused by lack of enzymes and can be stopped or reversed by bee pollen.

In short, he is not a scientist, he has never conducted a scientific study in the role of vaccines (nor would he be able to do so), and his rejection of vaccines should be seen in the light that he reject pretty much all medical treatments save those he write about in his books and sell from his website.

RGB: 1) Why is the list about "top authors" presented as "research", when its clear many of the authors have absolutely no credentials as scientists? 2) Why does the article not mention the evidence that show autism is linked to genetic defects which is carried out not by authors but actual researchers, but focus exclusively on a vaccine link, and give a one-sided presentation of that link? Is that scientific?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit