The Issue is Not that God WANTS Us to Suffer...

by AGuest 404 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Lighten up on the messiah complex and admit you're no more special than any of the other wing nuts out there

I'm not sure why everyone keeps missing it when Shelby says that she is NOT special; that nothing she said or did made her worthy of anything more than anyone else... except perhaps that she knew she would be answered.

Tammy

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Gah Watersprout. I can't even think about food right now. I just got done with 20 mins on the rowing machine and a 3 mile run. I need to cool down for a bit. Maybe later I'll give you a recipe.

Surely, SURELY... you have something "better" to do with your time... if not a "better" thread to comment on... if not a "better" poster to comment on. Surely.

I am efficient, Shelby. I multi-task. I AM doing better things at the same time. And here you are again. I love the implication that I am wasting my time. By association, your time is wasted as well. Reciprocally speaking, everything you say to me about that applies equally as well to you.

Because I really think you all need it, now, MUCH more than I do. Perhaps it'll help you "deal" with me. Perhaps.

I haven't had any trouble so far. But thanks. I am at peace in my heart.

Others spell it differently now due to the poor understanding, comprehension... and hearing... of the scribes.

Got it, everyone is wrong but you.

He has directed me to say to you had you, too, called on that name... what YOU were looking for... searching for... would have been revealed to YOU... as well. He said I am to tell you that you WILL call on that same... one day... and that at that time he will answer.

I'm sorry that you have been misinformed.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I'm not sure why everyone keeps missing it when Shelby says that she is NOT special; that nothing she said or did made her worthy of anything more than anyone else... except perhaps that she knew she would be answered.

Its not that we keep missing it tec, it's just it is constantly negated by the 500 other things she says that implies the exact opposite.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Gah Watersprout. I can't even think about food right now. I just got done with 20 mins on the rowing machine and a 3 mile run. I need to cool down for a bit. Maybe later I'll give you a recipe.

Get you sweet little ass in front of that cooker and make me some grub! Don't make me come to your house! I gotta a mean bite....

Peace and get cooking boy

• snowbird
    snowbird

You left out this part, NVL:

No, he did not elaborate, other than to leave me with the understanding that initially, you would not like what you heard.

So, why don't you leave it alone, and help me with the following - a 22-letter word beginning with V

- a 23-letter word beginning with W

- a 24- " " " " X

- a 25- " " " " Y

- a 26- " " " " Z

Thanks.

Syl

• tec
    tec

Its not that we keep missing it tec, it's just it is constantly negated by the 500 other things she says that implies the exact opposite.

Okay, this is hypothetical, but may I ask if there is any way that someone could come and say, my lord speaks to me, and these are the things he has told me to share with you... without someone accusing them of 'what makes you so special that he would deign to speak to you?'

This is not a knock against you or anyone else, or even a thumbs up to Shelby. Its just an honest question. Is there any way that something like this could be the truth, and no one accuse that person of thinking they're hot stuff?

Tammy

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Noble edge: My question to you was sincere and not intended to mock you. I am asking you to think about how you come to know what you know. You claim not to follow any man or woman. So I asked you if it was first a man or woman who told you who the name of your Lord was or if your Lord told you himself? It is a fair question, as Shelby claims to be spoken to directly by her Lord. I was wondering if it was the same for you?

Also, was it a man or a woman who told you what the role of your Lord was in your life? Because if it was, I would like to know how you reconcile those two opposing statements in your own mind? How would you come to know any of it, unless it was told to you directly by God/Lord or unless it was told to you by another man or woman?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

You left out this part, NVL:

So, why don't you leave it alone, and help me with the following

Ah, I am reminded, Syl, since you love the Lord, of 1 Thessalonians 4:11. Specifically the advice to live quietly and mind your own affairs.

And no, I didn't leave it out. It just didn't bother me as predicted. Her lord is maintaining a 100% failure rate at telling her to say things about me.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Actually, tec, I think asking someone who claims to have God speak through them, "what makes you so special that God speaks to you?" is a perfectly fair question and is in fact, the first and only question worth asking, even before, "what did he say?"

Because extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It makes no logical sense to me that God would create 7 billion people, and then only speak directly to a few of them, giving them instructions to pass on to the rest of them. I wouldn't think much of a parent, who had 7 children and then only favored one of them by speaking directly to them and only spoke to the others by means of that one child, even when life and death matters were at stake.

I would consider that very bad parenting, neglectful and even somewhat emotionally abusive.

I also can't help noticing that when God does supposedly choose one person to so favor with his communications, it rarely benefits anyone else except the one so favored, by putting them in a position of power and influence over others. In all the cases I've read about, it is self-serving, to the person claiming the communication in some way.

I have yet to hear any type of logical reason as to why God would speak to one of his creation and ignore millions of others, that doesn't make the chosen one more superior in some way.

The reason that Shelby is getting the responses she is getting from so many is because she is coming across as very superior, condescending and judgemental, in spite of all her protests otherwise. Her claims of humility come across as fake as the WTBTS's do. She also changes her words and meanings constantly when she provides her lengthy explanations. She also gets new light at a rate that would make the governing body's collective head spin. Same old leopard, just different spots.

I would think if God were really speaking to her, he would be much more consistent and be much more logical than OTWO and NVL. Otherwise, I would have no more reason to listen to him/her than I would them, would I?

• myelaine
    myelaine

the bible testifies that when we reach out to Jesus Christ in faith He and the Father will come to abode in us and we become a "new man". That True Vine is imlanted in us. Because of this new nature there is a war in our "members" between our flesh and the Spirit. That new nature of Christ in us is clutivated and grows to maturity by the grace of God. I trust that we are all aware of the "fruits" which are produced in those who work with not against this "new nature".

Jesus is said to be very compassionate and His concern for mankind went beyond the miracles of feeding and healing all the way to the cross. His ministry to the suffering and lost is indeed one that all sent ones aught to imitate. Paul himself, in working out his own salvation "grew" to imitate Him as the Spirit worked with and in him. Paul even encouraged his readers to imitate him as he imitated his Lord and Saviour. But not only Paul, the genuine love, concern and compassion of Jesus Christ IN His sent ones is obvious in all of the pastoral letters. It is no surprize that these sent ones won many to Christ, not for their own sake that any should boast. Their willingness to suffer all manner of physical persecution like their Lord did before them is a testiment to the fact that the "new man" had been firmly established in their flesh; who God made outstanding examples to encourage us.

Now I would like to draw your attention to AGuest, who has stated her union with her lord. Ordinarily I don't pass judgement on the progress that one is making as they "grow" in Christ but because AGuest is taking the lead in all thing "spiritual" among us, i will take the opportunity to compare and contrast her attitude to that of Jesus Christ and Paul the apostle whom she seems to hold in distain for some reason.

As AGuest has stated many times she was sent by her lord to minister to israel and those that go with, during which time she seldommisses an opportunity to quickly correct those who stray from her understanding, thus implying that she does set out to gather the lost, feed and in a word...sheperd...the sheep. the following is her convoluted explanation of a very simple and straight forward premise...post 4891 in this thread: "I'm the kind that would never presume to think that I am the man [of the house] who owns the flock or whose sheep it is to be sought out... but that I am just a servant of that man... and thus a servant to the one and to the flock... and so if that man ever says to ME, his servant, "Go, call my sheep and say to them, the Man of House has said..." I will go... without hesitation. And say it just as he has directed me. Even if the sheep choose not to hear. And if that meant a sheep was found... then ALL praise and glory would go to the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, the Man of the House... and to His Son and Christ, my Lord and the master whose voice I listen to, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH."

The attitued displayed by AGuest is consistant in all of her "ministerial" endeavors. Using excerpts from previous posts and threads as an example of fulfilling that mandate entrusted to her by her lord, I seek to highlight how christ-like her "new man" is...as per her own suggestion " ANd if one truly wants to KNOW another... one needs to go to that one... not simply read about that one." in post 3126 of this thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/164626/2/The-Bible-Says-The-Bible-Says ...

AGuest would have us believe that the one who sent her and speaks to her is the very same Lord and Saviour portrayed in the bible. The very One who "comes in the volume of the book" (psalms 40:7-10).

regarding genuine concern for those she is sent to (post 4891): "You rarely cross my mind."

regarding genuine committment before one is "written off" (post 4878): "You and I have been down this road a couple/few times now, Michelle, where you say cutting things and then after I put you in your place..." ,(post 4891): " I don't even want to have an interchange with you, let alone have to put you in your place."

regarding genuine and serious desire to win ones to Christ (post 4879): "Hey, you sharin', dear Poopsie (peace to you, dear one!)?? I mean, it is Saturday night, after all... and what's "entertainment" without snacks? Pass the popcorn..."

regarding genuine loving kindness (post 4882): "I think I may need to floss, too... an' get summa that "chaff" out my teeth! "

regarding reverance and holiness (posts too many to list): "By God!, by Gawd!, OMG" etc

regarding taking biblical counsil: completely ignored

regarding meekness and mildness: ...well...she comes out swinging.

regarding a change in character from "old man" to "new man" (post 4930): "My talk may appear sweet, dear James... but I have openly admitted that I am not. I am not special, humble, sweet, nice, caring, loving... none of things. What you see here is me trying to be what my Lord is teaching me to be: to NOT return evil for evil or go reviling when being reviled. A reflection of HIS work... while he is teaching ME to become "subdued." Sometimes I do okay; sometimes, not so much. But I do try, which is all I can do, really. I would love to speak toward people as they do toward me... cuttingly, snidely, rudely, aggressively, hurtfully, perhaps even outright hatefully sometimes. If you knew the "old" me... you would that I am well capable of that. MY truth... is that there was a time when I could colored-girl "Zorro" someone like you (who has spoken to me as you have here)... so quick, SO fast... your head would have fell from your shoulders before you even knew you'd been cut. As I have openly stated and NEVER denied... I am indeed a foremost sinner."...NO discernable change, though she admits to "trying".

quite a list of contradictions but I'll also add this contradiction (sorry I can't find the post or thread): (from memory)...the Holy Spirit, who is my Lord, would most certainly NOT lead one to read the bible!~AGuest...over and against...(matthew 4:4) 'It is written, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God'" (cf. deut. 8:3) + hebrews 4:12.

Are we to believe that this is a "new man" made over in the image of Christ? Are we to believe that the Lord and Saviour of our soul sent this one to speak to us?

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit