The Issue is Not that God WANTS Us to Suffer...

by AGuest 404 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

cognizant dissident Some good points.

Now I feel less guilty over my negative remarks about all that is biblical and The Christ. I am still not sure the two have anything to do with each other?

I would be more vocal but I have no actual desire to cause anyone to lose their faith. I just burst out now and then because of the inconsistencies and contradictory nonsense spewn out by some word driven minds.

Most of the Christians on this forum are genuine and kind and that presents me with a problem. I enjoy a good battle but don't like to bully people who mean well.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Gladiator: I have nothing personal against any Christians either. I used to be one! I'm sure most are genuinely nice people. I know I am, except when I'm not. Nice is such a subjective term. However, my pet peeve is intellectual dishonesty and irrationality. Where ever I see it. I'm arguing against it on another thread currently that has nothing to do with religion.

Why should you feel guilty about your negative remarks about the bible and Christ? They are your opinions and you have as much right to put them on this discussion forum as anyone who has positive remarks to say. It's a public discussion forum, owned by an atheist, I believe. If someone wants to have a exclusive, private club to disseminate their Christian views without dissent, I believe there are places for that. It's called church!

I have yet to see an atheist put up a thread about atheism and complain when Christians post on it. In contrast, they seem to appreciate a good discussion on the subject and don't shy away from it. In my opinion, the first one to launch a personal attack has lost the argument. The problem is that many Christians I've come across consider it a personal attack when you disagree with their arguments.

It's not that I am trying to make anyone lose their faith. But if you are going to display your faith in public, and wear it as a shroud, then don't whine when people look at it and notice the holes. Excuse me but I think your cognitive dissonance is showing!

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

cog

I started by saying OK this is how I see it ....read if only if you must.

So ... only if you must. Or I could have put , only if you want to, or only if you need to......blah blah.

I then made the following comment,

We may not always post our support on the thread but we do PM or e-mail each other.

which answers your

And don't try to say that you post to encourage each other. You could communicate with each other by PM

You then say,

You put up and comment on these threads for one reason and one reason only, to draw attention to your
    specialness as God's chosen and to invoke discussions with non-believers.

Well if that's how you see it I doubt anything I say will change your mind and because I only responded to a question that had been asked by another poster where Shelby's supporters were... well I showed my face. I'm sure you would to if someone you love was being questioned the way Shelby is.

Just because you may believe the same, discuss, whatever, does not make you a follower of that person, I follow NO MAN/WOMAN. Sorry to disappoint.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Well my last posts were more general to Shelby and all supporters not specifically to you noble. However I would be interested in an answer to my specific question to you. Who told you the name of your lord? Was it a human man or woman, or did God whisper it directly in your ear?

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Also, is this lord you speak of a mediator or God himself? I'm sincerely curious about this as I have never heard the name you mentioned before

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

cognizant dissident

I agree with what you say and people should thrash out their cognitive dissonance in fierce debate, if that is what they need to do. If they can't stand the heat they should get out of the cauldron.

Over the years I have had some major ego contests with the hard players on the forum. Now I tend to look behind peoples rhetoric and ask what need it is they have in their lives that debating their faith with tens of thousands of words, fulfills. Is it just an ego thing? Or is it a way of letting out anger and frustration? This applies to those with and without faith.

I also question what need I have that causes me to spend time clashing with people and trying to change their mind. What do we get out of it? Everyone has their reasons and answers and they are all valid in their subjective way.

Perhaps the world has been too kind to me of late and softened me up. Instead of fighting in the arena, maybe I should just be a spectator. I may give up being a gladiator and become Plato or Aristotle and sit in Caesars box stroking my gods.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Hey CD, i have bought the book ''The red tent'' and i started reading it last night! I am loving it...I can almost picture myself there amongst those women...I had to put it down as i was practically devouring it and i want to make it last. LOL...Anymore more books you recommed let me know...

Shelly i saw the book you are reading ''The help'' in the window of my local bookshop and i am going to buy it...Seems like a very tragic story...Will i be needing tissues??

Peace and light

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

who is My Lord Jaheshua Mischajah.

Which is a phrasing you would NEVER in a million years have used had you not been following Shelby. The forum moderators should recognize this and act appropriately as this is a dangerous situation for people like you who are attracted to Shelby's brand of charisma and prophesying.

Should an exJW forum really be allowed to be used as a cult recruitment forum?

• watersprout
    watersprout

Sixofnine you make me larf!

Peace my friend

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

and you make me cry, watersprout.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit