The Issue is Not that God WANTS Us to Suffer...

by AGuest 404 Replies latest jw friends

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

If you are asking whether the letters attributed to them "scripture," then the answer is, no, they are not...

So I can fully expect you to NOT quote from them at all anymore?

My understanding is only the ones who were led by holy spirit and TOLD to write...

Which ones?

The gospels are not "scripture".

So what are they? What is "inspired" writing?

Sorry, but I cannot do it any other way. The "scribes and Pharisees" have not remained honest, loyal, or faithful. My Lord has.

No need to apologize. That's fine, but you can't just quote, say Romans, for your end, and then when someone else does say "Oh, Jesus told me that's not inspired". That's why I am asking you to tell us what are the inspired writings and level the playing field.

LISTEN to what you are stating here, dear NVL. Hear YOURSELF: you COULDN'T... until YOU learned HOW. If you REFUSE to learn... or refuse to believe you CAN learn... then you never WILL learn. YOU will never learn. That doesn't mean that OTHERS who don't know how, now... or believe they can learn how... won't ever learn.

I know well what I said, my dear. Until the snowboard was invented for the first time, no one could, so my point still stands. It's the same as flying, or making pancakes. You can try to argue this however you want, but I am not going to let you redefine the word "can't" to mean whatever you want to mean. Until you got backed into a corner, your point never involved refusing to learn or being lazy. That suddenly appeared. Why?

The kind sufficient to build pyramids and other structures... on which a LOT of modern-day math theorems are based...

Oh? Please, I would LOVE to see a reference on this. It's pretty well established that the foundation of modern math came about during the Golden Age of Islam.

Then I should be free to share what I do, yes? Until you... or "science" can literally prove ME wrong. Right? And you are more than free to take it as "science fiction"... or whatever you wish to. Right? I think that about sums it up.

Of course, people say ridiculous things every day. Science HAS proven you wrong on many things, but you are still free to share whatever ideas you have.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Peace, Shelby.

Peace to you, dear NVL... truly...

And not at ALL like that. That' been explained amply with examples many times.

Sorry, but I don't "see" it, dear one...

You keep beating your dead horse...

And you yours. Yet, my love for you doesn't fail as a result...

And that's why it's not the same. Science involves tests, methodology, results that can be repeated, falsifiability.

Science involves a whole lot of things, dear one... including things that cannot be tested, which methodology cannot be proven, results that cannot be duplicated... and a whole lot of falsifiabilities.

God requires "I want it to be true"

No, really, it only requires KNOWING that something is true. Faith. The thing is, that while I have absolutely NO problem accepting your "horse"... NOT because of proven theories or the like but because of what my Lord has told and shown me... YOU cannot even begin to grasp the truth of mine. Which is why we keep going 'round and 'round. You want me to say that what I know is not true... because "science" hasn't said it is, yet. For me, that is NO different than when the WTBTS told me that Judas was NOT at my Lord's last meal... because "the Society" hasn't said he was, yet. Yet, my Lord himself told me that he was indeed there.

I thought you said everything came from the light was jesus, now it came from the world?

What? "Everything that came from the light was [Jesus]"? Sigh! Again, with the failure to SEE even what you own EYES behold! I stated that everything came THROUGH the Light that is my Lord... such things did not come FROM the Light... but THROUGH the Light. If it came THROUGH, dear one... then it came FROM "somewhere." He is the DOOR... the "narrow GATE."

So I can fully expect you to NOT quote from them at all anymore?

You can (however, others may require that I do, so I hope you can deal with that). Please also do not take issue if what I state happens to BE written... somewhere. If my Lord states it to me, then I will state it to you. That it may also be written is just icing on the cake.

Which ones?

Asked and answered: Moses, the Psalms, the Prophets, and the Revelation. All of the prophets [contained in the Bible]? My understanding is no, not all. And the "Pentateuch" is NOT "Moses."

So what are [the gospels]?

Men's accounting of what they... or someone else... recall as to the events occurring while my Lord was among them...

What is "inspired" writing?

Something that is written as a result of what one is given/shown by Christ, the Holy Spirit and Word of God, when such one is IN spirit... and told to write...

you can't just quote, say Romans, for your end, and then when someone else does say "Oh, Jesus told me that's not inspired".

Dear one, if you... folks... would just go to my Lord himself, I wouldn't have to quote. I wouldn't have to say. I could be released from this assignment and just go about living my own life, with a care or regard to whether you get it or not. But... as I have said MANY times... I am working out my salvation. The Spirit and the Bride are STILL calling "Come!"... and so, here I am. I hear... so, I say, "Come!" as well. Because that is what my Lord has said I can "do" for him... KEEP saying "Come!" So, I do.

That's why I am asking you to tell us what are the inspired writings and level the playing field.

It doesn't always work like that. Sometimes it is the entire book/letter. Sometimes it is what is stated in one. But TRULY... you do NOT have to take MY word for it...

I know well what I said, my dear. Until the snowboard was invented for the first time, no one could, so my point still stands.

So, no sliding down the hill on, say, a large piece of bark? Okay. Og never slid, took a tumble and said to himself, "Hey, this may be BETTER way to get down hill! Faster, even!" Nope. Never happened. Because OOG, the "scientist" said, "You stupid*ass, Og, don't you know the snowboard hasn't been invented, yet? The ONLY way to get down the hill is on your two paws. So, now, take that silly-butt piece of bark OFF your feet, toss it over there... and WALK your crazy cro-magnun tail on down the hill like the REST of us... those of who KNOW you can't do it, even if you say you CAN... cause they ain't invented the WAY, yet... and so you can't LEARN until they DO!"

It's the same as flying, or making pancakes. You can try to argue this however you want, but I am not going to let you redefine the word "can't" to mean whatever you want to mean.

I really thought it mean can not... but that sometimes that's only temporary...

Until you got backed into a corner, your point never involved refusing to learn or being lazy. That suddenly appeared. Why?

Ummmm... what? Oh! Because sometimes we don't know "how"... because we don't WANT to. Like dear OOG, above. OOG's never seen anyone go down the hill any other way than on his paws (or his bum, if he slips). To do it standing on one's feet on a smallish piece of bark, though, is absurd. To him.

Oh? Please, I would LOVE to see a reference on this. It's pretty well established that the foundation of modern math came about during the Golden Age of Islam.

That's fine, dear NVL. You're probably right, here. I was just referring to something I recalled from calculus in high school. Which was OH SO long ago that I very well may have gotten that wrong. If not, I'll bring you up to date...

Of course, people say ridiculous things every day.

They do. Like walk your butt down the snow-covered hill because you haven't learned how to do so any other way, yet.

Science HAS proven you wrong on many things

I am not so sure, dear one, but you are more than welcome to give me an example...

but you are still free to share whatever ideas you have.

Thank you! I am glad to now have your "permission" - LOLOLOLOL! I think that rather than move forward, I'd like to go back to what I shared with you previously, as to what I saw in the void. You didn't respond... one way or the other. You certainly didn't post anything of a "scientific" nature to refute what I shared. May I ask why not?

In the meantime, peace to you. Truly.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Sorry, but I don't "see" it, dear one...

And you yours. Yet, my love for you doesn't fail as a result...

All I can do is provide you examples, evidence, proof, definitions, demonstrations and history, Shelby. I can't make you understand. I am NOT beating a dead horse since all of those things I just mentioned are supporting proofs. You have "we don't know everything so I am going to change the definition of words" as your support.

Just like with Zannahdoll and other that keep trying to go this route, I feel sorry at the lack of education, knowledge and critical thinking skills I see. This line of argument has been going on for thounsands of years and as science and progress marches forward, people keep hanging on and trying to make the same argument and get pushed in smaller and smaller boxes and refuse to understand or even try to really understand these things. It makes me sad. Truly. Peace and love, of course.

Science involves a whole lot of things, dear one... including things that cannot be tested, which methodology cannot be proven, results that cannot be duplicated... and a whole lot of falsifiabilities.

This is what makes me sad. It's clear you have no idea how it works. All the things you decry are the very things upon which science works and which it depends, yet you decry science without even knowing how it works. Just like Zannahdoll, you try to argue things and then it becomes apparent you don't even know what the words mean, like falsifiability.

No, really, it only requires KNOWING that something is true. Faith. The thing is, that while I have absolutely NO problem accepting your "horse"... NOT because of proven theories or the like but because of what my Lord has told and shown me... YOU cannot even begin to grasp the truth of mine.

Oh dear shelby, there you go again. You prove over and over again you do not grasp science, yet argue and debate how it works without understanding it, then claim you accept it? Please.

The difference is that you KNOW what you know because you get communication from someone that no one else can talk to and those that claim to communicate with God/Jesus in the same way you do consistently get different messages. This is why you can never compete with science. Science is ALL about result, understand, getting the same results and if not, understanding why.

And pretty predictably, you fall back on claiming that I cannot understand the truth of your message. Of course I can't. No one can't since you're the only one that hears the message and it seems to change routinely, like when god revealed things to you about me that turned out not to be true and then you got updated messages. And EVERYONE ELSE that hears directly from god get a different message.

Dear one, if you... folks... would just go to my Lord himself, I wouldn't have to quote. I wouldn't have to say. I could be released from this assignment and just go about living my own life, with a care or regard to whether you get it or not. But... as I have said MANY times... I am working out my salvation.

You don't have to quote. You have to choose. If you choose to quote, then when someone else does you have to accept that as well. You can't have it both ways, my dear. Others do go to the Lord and get completely different messages, some that the bible is inerrant and literal, others that it isn't, etc. Until there is a consensus, we will just have to dispense with the different sets of rules for everyone.

So, no sliding down the hill on, say, a large piece of bark?

Nope. Despite the fact that people do that in cartoons, that doesn't work. Unless, of course, you want a broken leg, ankle or concussion.

Oh! Because sometimes we don't know "how"... because we don't WANT to. Like dear OOG, above. OOG's never seen anyone go down the hill any other way than on his paws (or his bum, if he slips). To do it standing on one's feet on a smallish piece of bark, though, is absurd. To him.

In your made up fantasy, he's never seen that either. He saw someone try and then break their leg and get left behind by the pack because they couldn't care for him. They guy that tried was eaten by wolves and OOG then went and banged his cavewoman.

I am not so sure, dear one, but you are more than welcome to give me an example...

Pick one. I have given you many examples :)

• AGuest
    AGuest

All I can do is provide you examples, evidence, proof, definitions, demonstrations and history, Shelby.

That is all YOU can do, dear NVL. That is YOUR limitation. It is not mine.

I can't make you understand.

Nor can I make you.

I am NOT beating a dead horse since all of those things I just mentioned are supporting proofs.

(Shel stamps her foot right back) IMHO you ARE beating such a horse. My position is that your thinking, sight, vision, understanding, and comprehension is limited to what you can perceive with your five physical senses... and that MY thinking, sight, vision, understanding, and comprehension is not... but is able to transcend such... limitations.

You have "we don't know everything so I am going to change the definition of words" as your support.

And you have "I only accept one definition of a word... mine... although there are other definitions... and explanations."

Just like with Zannahdoll and other that keep trying to go this route, I feel sorry at the lack of education, knowledge and critical thinking skills I see.

And I truly feel sorry for the very obvious limitations... on thinking (critical and otherwise)... seeing... and hearing...that I see. Because I have seen and heard what you have not... yet.

This line of argument has been going on for thousands of years and as science and progress marches forward, people keep hanging on and trying to make the same argument and get pushed in smaller and smaller boxes...

I don't think it was a very large "box" to begin with, dear one. I mean, since "few" find "it". Earthling man, however, in trying to make it fit into HIS "box"... has stretched it beyond... way beyond... well, belief. Which is why there are so MANY... beliefs... and sects, divisions, doctrines, creeds... even "Jesuses."

and refuse to understand or even try to really understand these things.

Now, see... that is how I feel about those like YOU: refuse to understand or even TRY to really understand. My position is, yes, science can prove such and so. For instance, it just proved to ME that "something" CAN come from "nothing"... if that "nothing" is light. My understanding from my Lord that the physical creation... matter... came through him. He is the Light. In the experiment matter came from light. Sounds good to ME.

YOUR position, however, is uh-uh... no... way... faith can't prove a dang thing. I disagree. I'm sorry, truly... but I vehemently disagree.

It makes me sad. Truly.

I totally understand that feeling. Truly. So much so... that I am still here discussing with you. Because... perhaps... you'll get it. I'm not so sure how SOON, but it's not upon me to say. However, it is what I would want you to do for ME... NOT abandon me to my own thinking, if that thinking is wrong... but bear with me... with long-suffering. I get it that you might not get it now, but as you said, you are Israel. You WILL get it. Sooner... or later. Of THAT... I have NO doubt.

This is what makes me sad. It's clear you have no idea how it works.

Perhaps. It is also clear to me that you also have "no idea" how "it"... transcending the flesh so as to think, see, hear, taste, touch, smell... with the SPIRIT... works.

All the things you decry are the very things upon which science works and which it depends, yet you decry science without even knowing how it works.

(Hey, "decry"! That's MY word! See?? We DO have something in common!)

But, when... dear NVL... WHEN... have you heard me decry science??!! You have NOT heard that from me. You have heard that I do not put my full faith in science... because just like everything ELSE in the physical world, science is FALLIBLE. I may CHALLENGE is self-perception of absoluteness... but have not heard me decry it, not at ALL!

Just like Zannahdoll, you try to argue things and then it becomes apparent you don't even know what the words mean, like falsifiability.

One, I don't know who Zannahdoll is... and two, I know what falsifability is. It's what DOESN'T exist in "science" when they say they've "found" the missing link... FER SURE... no, wait, that was a hoax... no, wait, it's Lucy... FER SURE... no, wait, it's Ardi... FER SURE. No, wait... we don't really know what it is but we won't say that we don't know because "SCIENCE" says it's an ass's jawbone, no, it's Lucy, no, it's Ardi.

In EACH previous case, SCIENCE... SAID... they'd FOUND "it." Not maybe "it." Not, "we think it might be 'it', but it might not be, too." No, it was... it. Until it wasn't... it. Yet, while it was it... it was IT. WTBTS reasoning, I tell you. Through and through...

To my comment:

No, really, it only requires KNOWING that something is true. Faith. The thing is, that while I have absolutely NO problem accepting your "horse"... NOT because of proven theories or the like but because of what my Lord has told and shown me... YOU cannot even begin to grasp the truth of mine.

You responded:

Oh dear shelby, there you go again. You prove over and over again you do not grasp science, yet argue and debate how it works without understanding it, then claim you accept it? Please.

Apparently, you take exception with my phrase "proven theories" and assume I mean that that is ALL that science involves. But, as usual (and I have come to learn that you do this), you overlooked my words "or the like." I was being brief, dear NVL. And either you knew that, but chose to deviate... or you didn't... which only further validates what I stated, that "YOU cannot even begin to grasp the truth [of mine]."

But dear one, I am an insulin diabetic. Science designed my medicine. I fly on airplanes. Science designed the technology that allows me to do that. My son almost died from an disease that was once though eradicated... and so all medicine destroyed. Science reformed that medicine for him. My mother died of cancer. Science has made great strides in treating such illnesses and may one day find a cure. Science says that there is no sound in space. I have to agree because although I have never been in space, physically, I was recently taken there in spirit and science is right - there was absolutely NO sound. Or air. Or gravity.

Based on that and more, I absolutely DO accept science. I put my FAITH, however, in the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... and His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH. Because while science may be able to ultimately test and prove... or test and disprove... things pertaining to THIS world... it cannot test, prove, or disprove ANYTHING as to THEIR world, the spirit realm. And I have come to know that THAT world... is just as real as this one... although not subject to the laws, rules, theorems, tests, hypotheses, experiments, and empirical manifestations... of this one.

On the other hand, YOU don't want to hear a word of what I have to say as to faith. So, why, I have to ask... are you even bothering? The reality is, dear one, that while get YOU... you do NOT get me.

The difference is that you KNOW what you know because you get communication from someone that no one else can talk to

Sigh. See? Now I KNOW that you have not been reading a word I've written. Not ONE. Because I have stated... time... and time... again... that EVERYONE else can hear. EVERYONE. The "gift" isn't limited to ME. It is only GIVEN to me... because I RESPONDED... when THEY... spoke to ME.

RESPOND, dear NVL. ASK. I am not standing in your way... nor am I by ANY means saying God and Christ can't/won't/don't speak to you. I have SAID... they speak to EVERYONE. The PROBLEM... is that not EVERYONE listens.

Good golly, dear one... at least I'm TRYING to hear what YOU'RE saying. You'd think... with all of this discussion... you'd at least TRY to hear what I've stated: there is NOTHING wrong with the Transmitter - the PROBLEM lies with the RECEIVER(S).

(Please overlook the caps - I couldn't get the italics to export in from my Word doc, sorry).

and those that claim to communicate with God/Jesus in the same way you do consistently get different messages.

I absolutely disagree... at least as far as by "different messages" you mean differing in substance. The message has been, as far as I know... to love even our enemies... and to tell folks that he is alive and speaks. Now, that is with regard to those who claim to communicate with God/Christ IN THE SAME WAY [I] DO. True, there are others who claim to communicate with God and Christ, but I don't think it's in the same was as I do.

This is why you can never compete with science. Science is ALL about result, understand, getting the same results and if not, understanding why.

Who is "competing" ... with science or otherwise, dear NVL? Indeed, who is COMPETING? Certainly not me. I am not in competition with ANYONE... or ANYTHING. I simply share what I hear. Whether science... other religions... or even other so-called "christians" agree. The only ones that I see COMPETING are these. I don't ask them if they believe what I say is true. I don't ask them if they can prove what THEY say is true. I share what I hear... whether others hear... or refrain. There is no competition because... THERE IS NO CONTEST. At least, not one that I'm playing in...

And pretty predictably, you fall back on claiming that I cannot understand the truth of your message. Of course I can't.

Again, you err. I never made that claim... not at all. Not with regard to you or anyone. In fact, my message is and has always been... yes... you CAN... if... you WANT to. You don't WANT to. Come on, let's stop this "never-ending story." You don't WANT to understand the truth of my message. You've already made up your mind that it ISN'T true... because it can't be proven by "science."

No one can't since you're the only one that hears the message

See above. Also, until recently, I might have been the only one willing to step forward and openly ADMIT I hear, but others hear. Have for some time. Why they don't say so, openly and honestly, is between them and Christ. However, I will remind you that there never really has been a record of a whole LOT of folks stepping up all at once. Usually, it really IS only one... or two... or a few.

and it seems to change routinely, like when god revealed things to you about me that turned out not to be true...

Whoa... what was revealed to me was absolutely true. And, sorry to say, that when you made your "announcement"... it was proven... to ME. I was actually STUNNED. I mean, I know what he told me but I had NO idea that YOU would collaborate it... not at all. And certainly not that quickly!

and then you got updated messages.

Ummmm... what "updated message(s)"? What was revealed to me did not change, not one bit.

And EVERYONE ELSE that hears directly from god get a different message.

Please see above.

You don't have to quote. You have to choose. If you choose to quote, then when someone else does you have to accept that as well.

Ummmmm... noooo. Bible folks do THAT all the time. For example, one might quote "the Word was God," while another quotes, "the Word was a god." Which is true? They certainly don't say... or mean... the same thing. Another example is where my Lord is recorded to have said "You heard it was said, but I say...". Meaning, someone somewhere misquoted something. And he corrected the misquote. No difference. And if you heard him, you would probably correct some misleadings folks think they hear/read/know/see, too.

You can't have it both ways, my dear.

Others do. Which is why you have so many Bible versions. Why not me?

Others do go to the Lord and get completely different messages,

Oh, now, wait. Are YOU saying that some DO hear? Truly??? You ARE saying that! Well, if THAT'S what you're saying... then you and I can just stop right here. Right here... right now. Because that's all I'm saying. Now, if one hears something different than I, sure, you have a right to question which is RIGHT. But that both claim to HEAR... well, isn't THAT what you're denying???

some that the bible is inerrant and literal, others that it isn't, etc.

Well, first, one is right and one is wrong. Because both can't be right. Right? I don't think one needs to hear from God or Christ, however, to know which one is right. All one has to do... is READ it. Because... it SAYS which one is right... and thus, which one is wrong. (I will tell you a secret, dear NVL. Most people DON'T read the Bible. They simply parrot what others have told them it says/is. I mean, I was truly SHOCKED when I left the WTBTS and, in speaking with others who had left, realized that they didn't have a CLUE as to what was IN the Bible, let alone what it says. For example, I can't tell you HOW many times I would say to one, "Like the account of Joseph and Pharoah..." and they would like at me like, "What? What account?" And I would say, "You remember that, right?" and they would say, "Uh, no, not really." And that was just one out of HUNDREDS of accounts. Blew me away! And then I learned they didn't even read the magazines! Say WHAT?? I thought, how can you have been a JW and NOT have read the Bible magazines??? Then I realized many were just "there." But they weren't actually there. Know what I mean? I truly did NOT know that when I was in. I thought EVERYONE did ALL of the assignments... like I did... because I thought we were SUPPOSED to and that they were living the life they SAID they were. Now, I do not say that to malign anyone - I get it, NOW. But back then, I was flabbergasted.)

Until there is a consensus, we will just have to dispense with the different sets of rules for everyone.

Ummmm... no... I don't think we have to do that. I think LOGIC would say go with the TRUTH. As for my comment about sliding downhill on a piece of bark... you respond:

Nope. Despite the fact that people do that in cartoons, that doesn't work. Unless, of course, you want a broken leg, ankle or concussion.

Oh, c'mon. Sure, it isn't SUPPOSED to work... and sure, maybe Og broke his leg the first time... or second... or his arm the third. But to say that it DOESN'T is ridiculous. It CAN, albeit perhaps rarely. If it's a sturdy-enough piece of bark, the weather conditions are right, the snow is smooth enough... and Og just happens to be a helluva balancer (perhaps he skipped his morning skinny-dip and so had no water in his ears that day)... it CAN happen. Dear one... they made canoes out of bark. Surely, they could have made a "sled" (picture, if you will, with your "mind's eye"... an oak surfboard. You get my [snow]drift...)

In your made up fantasy, he's never seen that either. He saw someone try and then break their leg and get left behind by the pack because they couldn't care for him. They guy that tried was eaten by wolves and OOG then went and banged his cavewoman.

BWAHHHHHHHH!! I am SURE there are some other guys here who would prefer YOUR fantasy version - LOLOLOLOLOL! But, seriously, Og DID slide down that hill on that piece of bark. And Mrs. Og was damn proud of him for it, too. And after she... ummmm... "rewarded" him for being so brave... and skilled... told him that HE was the "best" caveman in the clan and really should be the LEADER... not that short-sighted (due to the low sloping forehead) Neanderthal, Oog!... and then asked him didn't he think SHE would "look cute" in a new wooly mammoth cloak and saber toothed boots (which, BTW, only the wife of the clan leader is allowed to wear)...

Pick one. I have given you many examples :)

Well, gimme more, cause I truly don't see the ones you claim to have given thus far...

Peace and love, of course.

Of course! And the same to you, truly!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

That is all YOU can do, dear NVL. That is YOUR limitation. It is not mine.

Peace Shelby. I know. Reality has never been your limitation. Understanding what you are talking about, grasping science, consistency in arguments, using the bible and then when it contradicts you....those are yours.

IMHO you ARE beating such a horse. My position is that your thinking, sight, vision, understanding, and comprehension is limited to what you can perceive with your five physical senses... and that MY thinking, sight, vision, understanding, and comprehension is not... but is able to transcend such... limitations.

Prove it. Have god tell you something easy. Describe the shirt I was wearing when I wrote this. Show me why you're special. Show me how your senses can transcend my simple ones. And it can't be your lord talking to you, that's him talking to you, not your senses doing something.

Apparently, you take exception with my phrase "proven theories" and assume I mean that that is ALL that science involves. But, as usual (and I have come to learn that you do this), you overlooked my words "or the like." I was being brief, dear NVL. And either you knew that, but chose to deviate... or you didn't... which only further validates what I stated, that "YOU cannot even begin to grasp the truth [of mine]."

No, you just missed my point. There you go again assuming things about me.

On the other hand, YOU don't want to hear a word of what I have to say as to faith. So, why, I have to ask... are you even bothering? The reality is, dear one, that while get YOU... you do NOT get me.

Please be honest. We have discussed your faith and beliefs many times. It's when you use in dishonest way, like quoting scripture to prove your point and then when that same scripture disagrees with you, telling people the bible isn't right and dismissing it. No matter how you turn it, that is dishonest and quoting scripture to your own end and on princicple I can't let that happen. I AM NOT saying you are dishonest, just that for you the ends justify the means.

You can have all the faith you want, but trying to use that faith to decry the reality around use and decry the learning, science and casting off of myths that made insuling, planes and cancer fighting drugs possible....I can't let that stand either.

And I don't want you :)

Because I have stated... time... and time... again... that EVERYONE else can hear. EVERYONE. The "gift" isn't limited to ME. It is only GIVEN to me... because I RESPONDED... when THEY... spoke to ME.

Oh, I read it all. It's just curious that everyone else that also says they have the gift hears things differently.Curious.

I'm TRYING to hear what YOU'RE saying. You'd think... with all of this discussion... you'd at least TRY to hear what I've stated: there is NOTHING wrong with the Transmitter - the PROBLEM lies with the RECEIVER(S).

Oh, no debate from me on that one. All you receivers getting different messages from the same source does indicate a problem.

Whoa... what was revealed to me was absolutely true. And, sorry to say, that when you made your "announcement"... it was proven... to ME. I was actually STUNNED. I mean, I know what he told me but I had NO idea that YOU would collaborate it... not at all. And certainly not that quickly!

So what god told you was true, but I lied about it? Is THAT what you are saying?

See above. Also, until recently, I might have been the only one willing to step forward and openly ADMIT I hear, but others hear. Have for some time.

Oh please, people have been saying that God talked to them since they were writing about god. Moses, Paul, the prophets, watersrpout, CTR, the popes.

Others do. Which is why you have so many Bible versions. Why not me?

Because it's not a question of versions. It's a question of you using scripture to support your points and then denying that right and opportunity to others.

Oh, now, wait. Are YOU saying that some DO hear? Truly??? You ARE saying that! Well, if THAT'S what you're saying... then you and I can just stop right here. Right here... right now. Because that's all I'm saying. Now, if one hears something different than I, sure, you have a right to question which is RIGHT.

I am saying that if the same god is talking to everyone, then you should all be getting the same message. If not, then you aren't all hearing from god, you're all hearing from different gods or you aren't hearing from god.

Because both can't be right. Right? I don't think one needs to hear from God or Christ, however, to know which one is right. All one has to do... is READ it.

Right. But my point is that people that "hear" from God in the same fashion as you say differently. Plus, when book says it is inaccurate, putting faith in parts of makes no sense since you already know it is inaccurate.

Ummmm... no... I don't think we have to do that. I think LOGIC would say go with the TRUTH.

OK. Just give us a list of the book and chapters you will accept and then can all stick to those.

But, seriously, Og DID slide down that hill on that piece of bark.

Ah, I see. You think sliding on a piece of bark is snowboarding. That's the problem. You again again don't understand the subject at hand. Andwhat really happened is that god had proto-israelites kill him for occupying the cave god promised them.

Well, gimme more, cause I truly don't see the ones you claim to have given thus far...

You truly do not listen, Shelby. Ask god to help you understand and really listen and he will help you to see.

• AGuest
    AGuest

You left SO much out, dear NVL (peace to YOU!)... that it's not even worth me responding. You have taken what appears to support your position and omitted that which give pause to think. No worries - you gotta do what you gotta do. I might take a look tomorrow and, if my Lord directs, respond further. I might not, as you and I can go round and round on this. It might be worth it, though... especially if tomorrow is another "slow" day at work. We shall see.

Describe the shirt I was wearing when I wrote this.

Please, check your PM. And, until "then," then...

Peace and good night to you. Sincerely.

A slave of Christ,

SA, who ain't special, not by a long shot... never thought or said she was... and who's on the Diet Coke wagon, for now, and so's turning in "early"

• watersprout
    watersprout

NVL

Oh please, people have been saying that God talked to them since they were writing about god. Moses, Paul, the prophets, watersrpout, CTR, the popes.

Flattered that you quoted my name, lets get something straight. God DOES NOT talk to me, His son does..... Also why did you feel the need to quote MY name??

Just wondering....

Peace and light

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Flattered that you quoted my name, lets get something straight. God DOES NOT talk to me, His son does..... Also why did you feel the need to quote MY name??

Hi watersrpout. I only quoted you because you posted on the board about messases that Jesus was sending you. As as to whether it's god or jesus, well, there have been thousands of years of debate on that one, with people on all sides claiming divine communication. How am I supposed to pick who it right?

You left SO much out, dear NVL (peace to YOU!)... that it's not even worth me responding.

Yeah, people tend to do that when they get backed into a corner :)

You have taken what appears to support your position and omitted that which give pause to think.

Not at all. If you think there is something I purposefully left out, please mention it and we can discuss. I left much out simply because I didn't have time to write a book responding to every single line you wrote. But again, if there is a salient point you feel I missed or is "too hard" for me, please, bring it to my attention. I will respond to it right after you send me the book, chapters and verses of the bible that are inspired and acceptable for use.

No worries - you gotta do what you gotta do.

Just remember, when you point the finger at me, there are three pointing back at you. Peace :)

• whereami
    whereami

Wow, I've never read so much mind bending delusional blabber as I'm witnessing here with AGUEST.

You know there is medicines that help with these types of conditions.

notverylikely i commend you for your absolute logic and patience.

Now back to bed, my head hurts.

• poopsiecakes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit