So...is David Splaine the new bible scholar (or Fred Franz) of the WTBTS?

by Joliette 82 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWoods
    JWoods
    David (hebr. "beloved one") started to partake when he was 17.

Really - I had always just assumed it was while he was in Bethel. Did you know him well?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

He's FULLY kool aid drunk. I think they all are. Even the ones I like... :-(

• yknot
    yknot
    He's FULLY kool aid drunk. I think they all are. Even the ones I like

Sad....... Splane is the GB I know the least about, I was hoping for a little more from him.

Nah, I don't think all of them are koolaid drunk...... but ego, entitlement and ease of life are damn tempting incentive to stay compared to starting over with nothing.

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

JWoods,

Yes, I still know him well.

He himself tried to justify his partaking in one conversation. He told me that we should not judge partakers, although they are young or they seem to be insane.

I don't know how does he agree with this:

*** w08 1/15 p. 23 par. 15 Counted Worthy to Receive a Kingdom ***
    Still, it would seem reasonable that he would call, not newly converted ones, but individuals who—like the disciples to whom Jesus spoke when he initiated the Memorial observance—have already proved their loyalty to an extent.
  • Joliette
    Joliette

LOL @ YNOT

Yeah, I've kinda always have gotten 'a pretty boy' vibe from Gerrit Losch.

And what this about Stephen Lett being funny? Sounds like we got a Jim Carrey on the GB. LOL.

He was partaking @ 19 wtf?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the years have made me lose touch of this group of assholes so the list goes like this?

Splane

Lett

Losch

Herd

Pierce

Morris

Jackson(any link to old dead former GB member William Jackson?)

Barr

• JWoods
    JWoods

Wrong Way explained in another thread that he is talking about David Splaine, not the circuit overseer Dave Wetzler that I knew back when.

• agonus
    agonus

Apparently we shouldn't judge young, insane teenage partakers because some of them will end up on the Governing Body at age 50.

At which time, they're officially old enough to call the new teenage anointed young and insane.

So it goes...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Does it really matter at all what these boys think? Isn't all the real leg work done by the Given Ones and committees......allowing the figureheads to vote on option A or option B?.........

This is an excellent question. Could the "everybody love and trust and obey the GB" articles we've had in recent years be simple appeasement of the group, making them feel proud and in charge while in reality the committee departments and legal limit their authority in real tangible ways?

• agonus
    agonus

"Splane"... rhymes with "strain"... as in mental...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit