So...is David Splaine the new bible scholar (or Fred Franz) of the WTBTS?

by Joliette 82 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I was talking about Freddy. No girls..."feminine" voice (not that I have a problem with that...) He was just really out there. Splane is a WT scholar through and through. Again...not such a good thing.

The homo ref was to a VERY popular comment by Bro Couch during morning worship.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Oh yeah, I was at your 'Rules at Bethel' thread, I remember that being mentioned, and on the freeminds.com website.

I dont care how anyone claims to be 'an expert' at anything, it still doesnt make it 'The indisputible truth.' This guy can talk and talk until he's blue in

the face, and it doesnt mean anything, just 'useless words.'

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Agreed. I meant expert in regards to the WT. But that's just about as good as saying, I'm an expert in Fairy Tale Land. I just think it is sad when someone can know about all the history of corruption in the org and still say things like "It's Jehovah's organization". When I hear elderly ones comment like this and they have been JWs for SOOOOO many years, the first thing that comes to my mind is, "Shame on you".

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah, I've kinda always wondered about Freddie...not that I have anything wrong with anyone being gay, (I'm a lesbian myself) but I always thought that most of the WTBTS people werent married fourty, fifty years ago. Was A.H Macmillian ever married?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I thought the same about the guys at bethel that never got married. I always thought, "So let me get this right...you don't date, you don't masturbate, you don't think about ANYTHING sexual, you only think about the organization....something doesn't sound right."

I tend to think, now, that there are probably some pretty dark secrets in some of those older guys closets that they don't want anyone to know about.

I think Macmillian was NOT married. I have a talk by him on my computer, and I can almost swear that he never got married especially after some of the things Rutherford said about marriage and children back in the day. (And by "back in the day" I mean a wednesday)

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I'm a lesbian myself

I find your ideas intruiging and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Joliette
    Joliette

'Shame on you.' You took the words right out of my mouth.

Question: What years were you @ Bethel, and did you meet most the current GB members.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Notverylikely: LOL...Dont have a newsletter, but your more than welcomed to reply to my post.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I was there from 2000 to 2002. I met a bunch of the GB, but not all of them. I actually really liked Sydlik. He was a strong guy and fought for the little guys. He seemed to have a real love for the young guys at bethel. I think he had MAJOR problems with alot of things that went on there, but he was captive just like the rest of them. I met Barber a few times. He was absolutely bonkers by 2000. One of the most embarassing things was right after 9/11 and he spent about 45 mins telling the bethellites that 9/11 was going to end in the great tribulation and armageddon. It was so uncomfortable because by that time he was pretty much as senile as you could get. He repeated his sentences like 5 or 6 times and couldn't seem to stop. I met Barr, Splane, Lett, and Losche briefly, but didn't really have any conversation with them.

Overall they seemed friendly. I am truly convinced that they are as captive in this organization as any of the rank and file are. I think everything is justified by them because they don't think that "THEY" are doing anything. It's Jehovah that is directing everything.

I could be wrong, but that is just my impression from being there.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I think Macmillian was NOT married. I have a talk by him on my computer, and I can almost swear that he never got married especially after some of the things Rutherford said about marriage and children back in the day. (And by "back in the day" I mean a wednesday)

Yeah, I thought that he was married. Man, those men really dedicated there lives to 'the society' back then. And he 'seemed' like such a nice guy. But he looked 'gangsta' as hell in those photos when he and Brother Rutherford got arrested.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit