Mistresses??

by diana netherton 160 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Just to add my moral 2 cents...:

If they will cheat WITH you....they'll cheat ON you.

• Twitch
    Twitch

A mistress is not a prostitute. [citation needed] While a mistress, if "kept", may essentially be exchanging sex for money, the principal difference is that a mistress keeps herself exclusively reserved for one man, in much the same way as a wife, and there is not so much of a direct quid pro quo between the money and the sex act. There is also usually an emotional and possibly social relationship between a man and his mistress, whereas the relationship to a prostitute is predominantly sexual. It is also important that the "kept" status follows the establishment of a relationship of indefinite term as opposed to the agreement on price and terms established prior to any activity with a prostitute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistress_(lover)

I wonder if there is any relationship of any substance in this situation, beyond the mentioned "he gets what he wants and so do I" arrangement. I think the grey area is rather large here but seeing as there is no mention of any emotional attachment and that his yacht may have something to do with the decision, I'd say closer to black than white.

My 0.02

• Twitch
    Twitch

Why is being a sex worker a bad thing?

It isn't. So send your daughters over then,....

lol

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

But the point is she's doing it for the money. The mistress name is only to make an ugly situation look pretty. A married man wants to insert his penis into a woman other than his wife and has offered money to get what he wants. I'm quite sure that his wife will not know of this arrangement which means he will be lying to his wife. There is no grey area.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

No, I wouldn't do that. I'd find someone who respected me more. *Sorry*

• Twitch
    Twitch

mrsjones

As regards infidelity, there is usually a lot of grey area from what I've done and seen. I will say that stuff happens, people change, make bad choices, timing can be off, etc. Affairs happen and usually are not planned, as sometimes is with "affairs of the heart".

This is a little different it would appear. No emotions running rampant here or an isolated indiscretion, just a financial arrangement for services rendered, which I don't consider "wrong" per se. But I'll call 'em like I see 'em and if you want to put a label on it, mistress doesn't seem to fit,..

• nelly136
    nelly136

rights and wrongs aside, and purely based on my own opinion which counts for little,

if youre shaggin someone cos you like them its fun, you can take or leave as you please and youre not obliged to provide. but you do it as and when you want to and because you enjoy it.

if youre shaggin someone for money you're beholding and obliged to provide a service that they have bought the rights of control to. you do it as and when they want to and for their enjoyment or else they'll go pay someone else.

• carla
    carla

How will that work if she has lots of homework? now she owes him and can't really put him off until after exams can she? better get it in writing just what is expected and when.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Do you have any daughters? Is this a "job" you would advise for them?

Irrelevant to the question.

Would you care if someone called your mom a whore?

If it were true then why would I care? If it's not, then the person saying it would be an ignorant liar. Why would I care what an ignorant liar said? Also, it's irrelevant to the question.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

But the point is she's doing it for the money.

So?

I'm quite sure that his wife will not know of this arrangement which means he will be lying to his wife. There is no grey area.

Of course there can be.

if youre shaggin someone for money you're beholding and obliged to provide a service that they have bought the rights of control to. you do it as and when they want to and for their enjoyment or else they'll go pay someone else.

So...it sounds like any other job?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit