Most ignored scriptures by CHURCHianity...

by theMadJW 119 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Of all the religions I know of, the Catholic Church is the most bloodguilty of all- except maybe Judiasm, which killed prophets, and Christ himself!

And then there are the religions that promote child sacrafice.

Should be titled "Youths we killed with our doctrine."

The WT is bloodguilty. Another sick, messed up religion that harms people, and brings humanity down. It may not be the worst - but the man who kills 2 children instead of 6 is still a murderer.

(This is for any lurkers who doubt JW's are anything but power-happy men promoting their flavor of bronze-age barbarianism. I am in full expectation that Mad will just say "Nuh uh! I laugh at you and these children! There murder makes me and my god happy!")

- Lime

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

You must have an aversion to the FIRST Christians then- who alowed themselves with family & children to be thrown to the lions for not acknowledging the Emporer as Divine.

Pitiful.

(Goofy cover, tho!)

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    You must have an aversion to the FIRST Christians then- who alowed themselves with family & children to be thrown to the lions for not acknowledging the Emporer as Divine.

Sometimes it's worth dying for a cause. Sometimes - when we are adults, fully aware of who we are and why we have made that choice.

Only the biblical god (and his MAD followers) would think killing children was just for a cause.

Reading the Hebrew scriptures, killing children is clearly one of god's hobbies. Exodus 21:15, 2 Chronicles 15:12-13, Deuteronomy 13:13-19, 2 Kings 2:23-24, Hosea 9:11-16, The Flood, Armageddon, Sons of Egypt, etc., etc., etc. There is no end to the number of places God recommends or personally causes the death of infants and children over petty bullcrap.

You'd think an all-powerful god would have some shred of compassion for the defenseless, and be able to come up with a better solution than Kill, Kill, Kill.

"Same shit, different day." At least in those times they had some excuse - they were born in an ignorant, superstitious era. With the explosion of knowledge and it's instant earth-wide availability, people have less and less excuse for being bloodthirsty savages today. Many religions have matured - but the WT still finds wiggle room to engage in some good old-fashion child-killing. "Pass your baby through the fire to Jehovah! He will bless you for it!"

- Lime

• elderelite
    elderelite

Dan your answer to me on Rev 19:1 makes no sense. Please elaborate.. you see in chapter 19, the great crowd, the same great crown from rev chapter 7, is depicted as being in heaven. how can this be?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Elderlite,

John Macarthur does a series on the book of Revelation that has made more sense to me that anything I've ever read before. I don't agree with it all, but the explanation of the great crowd, the 144,000, etc... is spot on.

Here is the beginning of the series. http://www.gty.org/Resources/Sermons/1290_A-Jet-Tour-Through-Revelation

However, here is the verse by verse of chapter 7 (the first account of the great crowd). http://www.gty.org/Resources/Sermons/66-28_Survivors-of-the-Wrath-of-God

However, it's best to start at the beginning. You can either read his lectures or listen to them by going to the top of the page and clicking either "Listen" or "Download". Everything John Macarthur speaks about is a verse by verse discussion in the bible.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Elderlite, we have to define what "great crowd" means. The same words are used in chapter 7 and chapter 19. If Revelation 19 was talking about the angels as a great crowd, why would it use a word that had never before been associated with the angels?

This is a HUGE subject. So I hope you listen to a few of the lectures I linked to. I think you'll find them facinating whether you agree with them or not. John Macarthur is spot on. VERY solid.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Revelation is a Symbolic Prophecy;

On that we agree 100%, Symbolic, just like the 144K.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    They aren't; they are BEFORE the throne, as those during the tribulation that tried to HIDE in caves- end of chapter 6.

You need to check your interlinear, because in the word used to describe where the great crowd is, is the same one for the 7 spirits of God in Chater 1.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

PS ALL in heaven and earth are before the throne- that's why the wicked try to hide from the one seated by running into caves- all a symbolic picture.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PS ALL in heaven and earth are before the throne- that's why the wicked try to hide from the one seated by running into caves- all a symbolic picture.

On that we agree, it is ALL a symbolic picture, ALL of John's revelation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit