How did you choose your screenname for jw.net?

by Voices 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I chose Hopscotch because it is the title of one of my favourite movies starring Walter Matthau and Glenda Jackson. It is about a CIA agent who gets tired of the lies and dirty tricks going on and bucks the system. When they try to demote him he turns the tables on them and exposes them. It is a very clever and very funny movie. So I thought it was kind of an appropriate name then to use for someone who leaves JWs/WTS and then helps expose their lies and dirty tricks.

Hopscotch

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I think mine is obviously a word play on "cognitive dissonance" which sounds the same but means the opposite.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    It was just a joke.

I actually got that, knock knock, thanks!

• ziddina
    ziddina

My screen name, "Ziddina", comes from North Africa during the time of Imperial Rome...

After DA'ing, I had FUN!!! Became a belly-dancer, took up drumming, designed fun and wacky clothes and wore them - and was mistaken for a movie star a couple of times because of them...

And I joined a Medieval Re-enactment society - the SCA - or Society for Creative Anachronism. That group was started in the late '60's by a Berkeley Professor of English literature who was lecturing his classes on the legends of King Arthur... So he had them 'dress up' as knights and ladies of yore, and the club evolved from there...

As a member of the club, one can 'register' one's "persona" name - if it is properly researched and documented... No-one else in the SCA had a North African "Berber" - actually and more accurately called the Amazigh or Imazighen or Tamazight - though that last name is more properly the name of the main group of Imazighen languages... So, I researched my name and became - "offiially" - a North African Berber/Imazighen woman living in the time of Imperial Rome...

I like that name, so I use it often as a screen name, especially after the hoops I had to jump through to get it registered...

And "Zid" is a contraction of "Ziddina"...

Zid

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Just like the character played by Hugo Weaving in the Matrix, I defended the Borg, agressively! I could see no wrong in what the society was doing.

All but the 7 million + JW's were evil, and that was that.

Then I had a few 'experiences' that woke me up.

And then I started to kick some ass.

(and I promise I did not harm that charming Neo chap!)

Agent Smith

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Simply to exhibit the extent of the love, respect, and reverence I have for the lord. (include all aspects of all religion as well).

Cheeses. Remember - Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Mine is one of my favorite Radiohead songs. I couldn't think of anything witty, so I picked it.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I wanted something completely anonymous that no one could figure it was me. I am VERY curious and float around like a butterfly, sit on members *shoulders* and listen to another point of view since I am not completely drinking the *kool-aid*. Corny I know... lol

• hoser
  • ex-witness
    ex-witness

ex- 1  

a prefix meaning “out of,” “from,” and hence “utterly,” “thoroughly,” and sometimes imparting a privative or negative force or indicating a former title, status, etc.; freely used as an English formative: exstipulate; exterritorial; ex-president (former president); ex-member; ex-wife.

witness -

–noun

6. an individual who, being present, personally sees or perceives a thing; a beholder, spectator, or eyewitness. 7. a person or thing that affords evidence. 8. a person who gives testimony, as in a court of law. 9. a person who signs a document attesting the genuineness of its execution. 10. testimony or evidence: to bear witness to her suffering. 11. ( initial capital letter ) a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses. As I refuse association with this organization, I am thoroughly and utterly (in the most negative sense) out from Jehovah's Witnesses, no longer being a spectator to their lies and refusing to allow them to use my name as testimony to subvert the minds of others. I am ex-witness. *quotes are from dictionary.com*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit