How did you choose your screenname for jw.net?

by Voices 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

two goddesses related to my work

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear Voices... and the greatest of love and peace to you! After posting as "LifesWaterFree" on a predecessor (sort of) site, I was banned for posting similar things as I do here. When the time came to start posting again, I was directed by my Lord to post "as a guest." Since there was way to post solely as a guest (without registering) I thought that was what he meant, that I was really a guest on the site, and so I began posting that way. But he kept hearing him reiterate that I should post "as a guest" (which I thought I was doing, but apparently not). Since I apparently wasn't getting it, he directed me to read the 15th Psalm, which I read from the NWT Reference Bible. From that point on, I've posted as "AGuest."

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The blood issue is what helped me realize that this religion is not the "Truth." Hence, Skeeter. Skeeters prove natural blood transfusion is within the natural order; and thought of all those blood fractions adding to whole blood. Plus, Skeeters bug ya, buzzing in your ear and biting in places you can't reach, and itching for days like a long shore leave....

The 1 is because most times, you have to have a numeric character, and because I was watching President Bush get on Airforce 1. Since it flies, as does a Skeeter....Skeeter1...Skeeter1 has landed.

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

I chose my screen name because I've been slippin' away from the Borg and I finally had enough of it and I did slide away.

• crapola
    crapola

I finally admitted to myself that all the things I had been taught to believe my entire life was a bunch of crap. Hense, the name Crapola came to mind.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Another bloodsucker chiming in!

This is gonna be a long convoluted one, but so is my thinking! Haha! I was wondering if someone was going to start a thread like this...

I have a couple of other ID's that I use widely across the internets but I really wanted to choose something different here because I'm especially fearful for my anonymity about the JW thing. The vampire part of it popped into mind because it's the latest bit of slang describing someone who's an insomniac, someone who stays up late or all night. I was surprised that in all the ten years this forum has been around that no-one has dared to put "vampire" in their name, so I had to have it! It's also a metaphore about how folks treat me in real life. It seems to me that after getting to know me after a while, that most folks get sorta standoffish, as if they think I'm going to suck the life out of them. I'm not happy about that part. Also, some of my family tree roots reach into transylvania, or so I've heard.

The DCLXV part? It's a roman numeral = 665. It's part of an old email as well as an old gamer ID I used to use. When I was in school I randomly chose the gamer ID "*****t65". (You didn't seriously think I'd spill it, did you?) 65 became part of the name of one of my favorite bands too, Eiffel 65. Years later I wanted that "65" as part of my email address. Denied! The email service suggested "*****t665@*******.com" instead, so I went with that. (I'm not spilling that either! If you're so clever, you figure it out.) To me it's a metaphore about how some people think I'm completely evil, but how their assertions don't quite add up.

V665

• Quentin
    Quentin

It's my name...Don't have anything to fear, such as being outed, or caught posting here. So, decided to go with my real name...

• garyneal
    garyneal

first name, middle name

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

I was registering and didn't know what name to pick, so I thought I'd look up and choose the first two things I saw, and combine them into a random new name.

Looked up and literally spotted a quill and saw the sky. That worked. In my head my username is pronounced "quill-ski" though.

I like that the quill is a metaphor for the pen, that which is mightier than the sword.

(But for an accident of eye movement my name here could well have been Televisionwindow or Ceilingdog.)

• tec
    tec

Just used my initials. No imagination or deep thought here.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit