# 1 scripture that Jehovah Witnesses avoid, when denying they are false prophets

by wasblind 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

Jehovahsheep, you need to read Matthew 24:23 that says: " if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it."

Does this mean that, according to the Bible, NO ONE should ever proclaim Christs return?

-Sab

• Gregor
    Gregor

Does this mean that, according to the Bible, NO ONE should ever proclaim Christs return?

Excellent observation! In other words, if and when Christ returns, it will be with a bang, not a whimper.

• MarcusScriptus
    MarcusScriptus

Make adjustments if 5% of a prophetic statement was incorrect? You’re kidding me, right?

There is but one principle in New Testament theology that adds something new to what is taught in the Old Testament regarding prophecy, and I quote:

“In the past, God spoke to our ancestors in many times and many ways. But in these final days, he spoke to us through a Son.”—Hebrews 1, 1.

That is why it is written: “All of God’s promises have their yes in him [Jesus Christ]. That is why we say amen through him in the glory of God.” (2 Corinthians 1, 20) In other words, whatever any prophets did or said and whatever manner or laws dictated their prophesying, anything prophesied in the past or in the future is in reality only Christocentric. They each have their major fulfillment in the Christ, and each prophet is either a shadow of (as in Old Testament times) or an extension of (since New Testament times) the literal Christ himself.

This isn’t a personal interpretation of mine but has been the universal one of all Christians, Protestant, Orthodox, and Catholics since the time it was written in Hebrews and the Didache to this day. It’s what Christians call “dogma,” i.e., a belief that must be accepted if Christian and is not up for debate or individual denial. The dogma is often expressed in the terms that all revelation of God is both found and end in Christ, and no other is expected after him. It should be noted that the religion of Jehovah’s Witnesses also accepts this.

Therefore it is impossible for Christ to either deny himself or lie in prophecy. Members of his own body cannot teach that which they claim to be a prophetic date and be off by a small percentage, not even once, for that would belie their claim to being any part of the Christ that cannot deny himself. Jehovah’s Witnesses have not merely done this one time but repeatedly while claiming to be the only channel used by God to teach truth.

To claim, for example, that a hurricane will hit New York on a specific date, and to do so claiming to be that unique channel—regardless if you claim “inspiration” or not—and then to not have even one cloud show up in the sky on that date is not merely a miscalculation, it is a misrepresentation of who one claims to be in association with Christ. If another religion did the same thing, they would be criticized by the Jehovah’s Witnesses for doing so. But when they do it they believe they can still claim to be that unique channel? That is not Christ “because he can’t be anything else than what he is,” namely the very “Word of God.”—2 Timothy 2,13; John 1, 1.

To make excuses for what has been done by those claiming to speak as Christ’s mouthpiece on earth, as members of his body, the Word of God, dismissing it as merely being “off” by this much or more (not to mention claiming things such as they used to on every issue of Awake! that it was “God’s promise” that Paradise would be here before those who witnessed the events of 1914 died off as a group and then to take that back) is not Christ.

The Christ I learned does not make mistakes when he prophecies. He is never off by this or that percentage. My Christ not only prophesies the truth, he is “the Truth.” (John 14, 6) In the true Christ there is no room for error for there is no error in him. Those whom he uses as his mouth also do not err for he promised them: “Whatever you fasten on earth will be fasted in heaven.” (Matthew 16, 18. 19; 18, 18. 19) What Christ teaches through his mouth on earth is what is established in heaven, for what Christ has established in heaven is what he teaches through his representatives on earth.

If you believe those leading the religion of the Jehovah’s Witnesses are that mouthpiece then you have an inferior Christ, an imposter, leading them, and they teach the words of this imposter. For the dates and times and seasons as the Witnesses have taught is not what has been established in heaven, otherwise would any of us here be denying it? Would the Witnesses themselves be admitting they had made mistakes in these instances?

“Watch out that you aren’t deceived,” Jesus tells us. “Many will come in my name, saying, ‘I’m the one!’ and ‘It’s time!’ Don’t follow them.”—Luke 21, 8.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Good point Mr.Freeze

where are the apologist ? this post been up for 22 hours so far,

the only one that took a crack was Alice, I know The MadJW was

on this site yesterday trollin' around, eggnogg, bane ,Debator

explain Jeremiah 28:15-17, Hey any Governing Body members

out there that will take a crack at it ?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you Marcus Scriptus

"(not to mention claiming things such as they used to on every issue of Awake! that it was “God’s promise” that Paradise would be here before those who witnessed the events of 1914 died off as a group and then to take that back) is not Christ."

can anybody post a copy of that mast head from the Awake as a reminder for the apologist, you know how good they are at calling us liars.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Gregor, thumbs up to ya

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I love reading the scriptures on false prophets. It's so blatantly obvious that the WTS is a false prophet yet the KM has topics on why they are not. It's like a liar claiming that he doesn't lie, everyone else that knows the 'truth' about the liar just looks at him and shakes his head and doesn't pay him any attention.

• peacedog
    peacedog

I think Deut 18:21,22 is even more poignant:

You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD ?" If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him

Someone made the good point that it would not be necessary for one to say "Look, here is the Christ!"... Reason being, his return would be obvious to EVERYONE:

Matt 24:26,27: "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Yet another scriptural proof against Watchtower doctrine...

• peacedog
    peacedog
    If 95% of a math teacher's equations are correct and 5% are not, make the necessary adjustments. The 5% that were incorrect will never change the 95% that were right.

Good god. Anyone who would compare the WT$ to a math teacher who is correct 95% of the time is seriously, seriously deluded. When has the WT$ *ever* been right? 1914? Nope! 1918? Nope! 1925? Nope! 1975? Nope! The WT$ is batting exactly ZERO...

• wasblind
    wasblind

Peacedog, i love reading your post,

and I agree Duet 18: 21,22 is very poignant, that's why under the heading of False Prophets in the Reasoning book they talked all around that scripture but deliberately left it out.

Jeremiah 28: 15-17 gives a good example of how Jehovah operates according to his word. He Truly is an On Time God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit