To new Christians on JWN

by brotherdan 284 Replies latest watchtower bible

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I don't think any religion is full of Christians or has a lack of Christians. Is every Catholic a Christian? No, but I think there are some Catholics that ARE true Christians. Do I think every baptist is a true Christian? No. But I think there are some Baptists that are. It's not winning a lottery. It's believing and having faith that Jesus is Christ and letting the Holy Spirit guide and direct your life.
    The question of asking if a group "has it" is a leftover from the WT. They want you to look for a group of people that HAVE the truth. They forget that Christianity isn't belonging to a religion.

That is a good answer. Let's get more specific.

What about Catholics who DO ignore parts of the Bible? Are they "true" Christians?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I can't judge anyone. Personally I don't think that you can ignore parts of the Bible and be a Christian. But that is not for me to say. I believe that all scripture is from God. I've said in the past that maybe God DID have a hand in helping those that chose the canon of scripture. I've examined the apocrypha books in depth and can understand why each one was not included (except for the Macabees...it seems like they were very important books between Malachai and Jesus).

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I can't judge anyone. Personally I don't think that you can ignore parts of the Bible and be a Christian. But that is not for me to say.

Can you judge people of other religions? Do Jews, Muslims and Hindus worship Satan? You can provide a Biblical answer for this, if you'd like.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Jeremiah 10:10 - "But the LORD is the true God; He is the living God, the eternal king."

Exodus 20:5 - "You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God"

Exodus 23:24 - "Do not bow down before their gods or worship them or follow their practices."

It's a common theme throughout the Bible. But I'm sure you already know that. If there is only 1 true God, then all other are false gods and belong to Satan.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Hey Six, I made a fresh batch...come on over!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

It's been bothering me for a long time, not so much that there are atheists Christians on this board, they have a right to their beliefs, but that they continually suggest that anyone who believes otherwise is stupid and ignorant. It seemed like many are on a mission and I'm tired of it.

FTFY

I believe that all scripture is from God.

All scripture? All Jewish Scripture and Christian scripture in all versions of the bible?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

The 66 books of the bible. And it's my belief. Not one that I'm forcing on you, NVL

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

If there is only 1 true God, then all other are false gods and belong to Satan.

So how do you know that there is? Because the The bible says there is an god wrote the bible to the bible is right? Circular reasoning, my friend.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    If there is only 1 true God, then all other are false gods and belong to Satan.

Now we're making progress.

So, Jews, Muslims and Hindus all worship Satan, a false God.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

The 66 books of the bible. And it's my belief. Not one that I'm forcing on you, NVL

Which bible? They aren't all the same, you know. How do you know it JUST those 66 books?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit