To new Christians on JWN

by brotherdan 284 Replies latest watchtower bible

• garyneal
    garyneal
    It's been bothering me for a long time, not so much that there are atheists Christians on this board, they have a right to their beliefs, but that they continually suggest that anyone who believes otherwise is stupid and ignorant. It seemed like many are on a mission and I'm tired of it.
    FTFY

Perhaps you can show me threads where an atheist made remarks about their atheism and had some Christian come along and call them stupid and ignorant or even said that they were delusional. Anything will do, I really want to know.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Also, I don't think Jews worship an nonexistant God. They currently reject that Jesus was the Messiah, but I don't think God is finished with them. I think they are still a special people to Him and He has plans for them in the future.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

thanks for the fill-up, poopsie :)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    But then YOU have to turn it around. I know that you, LWT, are not an atheist. So are you a polytheist?

I do not understand your question.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

sixofnine and poopsie, are you waiting to watch me get beat up?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I think they are still a special people to Him and He has plans for them in the future.

So, if a Jew dies today, does he join Jesus in Heaven? If not, what does happen?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

LWT, you used the example of Hindus and implied that I was wrong because I don't think they know who they are worshiping. They have thousands of gods. I also know that you are not a staunch atheist youself. So then do you believe in many gods, one god, no god, the FSM, what?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

sixofnine and poopsie, are you waiting to watch me get beat up?

read my earlier post...I have no thoughts of the kind, but this is an interesting discussion

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I also know that you are not a staunch atheist youself. So then do you believe in many gods, one god, no god, the FSM, what?

I am apatheistic, mostly. I haven't personally seen anything, read anything or experienced anything that persuades me to believe in any type of invisible person.

• undercover
    undercover
    They currently reject that Jesus was the Messiah, but I don't think God is finished with them.

If they reject the Messiah, how can they be saved? You can only come to God through Christ and if you reject Christ you can't come to God. By Christian theology that is...

You're talking heresy, Dr. Zaius...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit