To new Christians on JWN

by brotherdan 284 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Cool; it's the way to be.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Brother Dan - thanks for your post. It's been bothering me for a long time, not so much that there are atheists on this board, they have a right to their beliefs, but that they continually suggest that anyone who believes otherwise is stupid and ignorant. It seemed like many are on a mission and I'm tired of it.

I agree that atheists are probably content, and I know that that most people who believe in God are content. I personally don't come here to decide whether it's smart to believe in God or not. I come here to find out what's happening with the Watchtower and if there's any chance of their demise in the near future.

Bonnie

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

It's fine to believe in god!

I just don't understand why people think I'm daft for believing that the FSM is god? I don't think it's any different to believing god is Allah or Jesus? If people can have faith that the Holy Spirit touched them then why won't people accept I was touched by his noodly appendage?

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

brotherdan -- So, at present, you don't throw away or ignore parts of it?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Nope.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    brotherdan -- So, at present, you don't throw away or ignore parts of it?

Nope.

This could get fun.

Yes, his followers are a precious few. The narrow road and all that. Few are the ones finding it.

So, very few actually find the Lord, just as in Noah's day, etc, etc. This should definitely give you a feeling of being special and privileged. You've won the cosmic lottery. Out of billions of folks, you've figured out what it takes to gain eternal life.

How about Catholics? Have they found it? Or are they involved with "false" religion? Are "true" Christians?

• poopsiecakes
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

gimme some of that!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I don't think any religion is full of Christians or has a lack of Christians. Is every Catholic a Christian? No, but I think there are some Catholics that ARE true Christians. Do I think every baptist is a true Christian? No. But I think there are some Baptists that are. It's not winning a lottery. It's believing and having faith that Jesus is Christ and letting the Holy Spirit guide and direct your life.

The question of asking if a group "has it" is a leftover from the WT. They want you to look for a group of people that HAVE the truth. They forget that Christianity isn't belonging to a religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit