To new Christians on JWN

by brotherdan 284 Replies latest watchtower bible

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

They don't like the idea of judgement and so the only way that they can live happily is to throw away God.

Uh...didn't Christ say to NOT judge? I can handle judgement for my actions just fine.

judgement is a big part of Christianity

Uh, again, judge not lest you be judges? He who is without sin cast the first stone? You're throwing a lot of rocks. I would like to see your certification of perfection. Judgement is a HUGE part of Christianity, but not even close to what Jesus preached. Why do you leave Jesus message? There will a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous. At least, that's what the bible says, right?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

So the Bible says that you CAN be content without God? I can see where I said what you say I said. But it is very biblical that true peace and conentment only lies with knowing God. But why do I argue this with you? Even if I showed you the MANY scriptures that back this claim up, it will mean nothing.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

LOL. How did I know you were going to use this thread as the one thread I asked for?

Ha...you are making me literally laugh out loud....you got me. You knew I would because I am a lazy bastard :)

How about any threads that you are aware of on this board that do this? I've seen lots of atheists rant about theists here with hardly a peep from the theists (particularly Christians).

Very true. While I personally am an atheist, I respect christians, hindus, buddihsts, muslims....I disagree, but I respect their beliefs and will defend their right to believe. I simply ask the same. Militant atheists piss me off as much as militant .... whatevers.

Agreed, but that cuts both ways. Again, I've seen lots of atheists rant on this board about theists (Christians in particular) without nary a peep from the Christians on this board.

Absolutely. I don't think you are wrong to believe. I disagree, but that's doesn't mean you are wrong. I think of it like... I prefer vanilla bean ice cream, but you prefer strawberry. I would say vanilla bean is the best, you would disagree, but that doesn't mean either of us is wrong....

But, when someone tells me I am, I am fooling myself, etc., etc....well then I go into "Oh yeah, prove it" mode and I latch on like a bulldog on a bone.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

NVL, now you're being silly. Judgement from GOD, not me. I can't judge anyone. I've been guilty of just about as many sins as anyone else on this board.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Jesus preached judgement, NVL. Read Mat 10:28. You probably won't so I'll quote it here:

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body, but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both sould and body in hell."

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

So the Bible says that you CAN be content without God?

Two thing..one... I dunno, does it? I never said it did so I have no idea why you are asking me. Two... not the issue. The issue is that you suggested atheists are fooling themselves and then proceeded to quote scripture that talked about boasting. You, my friend, made the claim. You don't get to shift the burden of reverse proof on me. You made the post, you have to defend it.

But it is very biblical that true peace and conentment only lies with knowing God.

Then you should have no issue showing me that scripture.

Even if I showed you the MANY scriptures that back this claim up, it will mean nothing.

You are saying the scriptures mean nothing? I did not say that. I was just asking for the scripture. I know you will show me since I know you won't choose option one and change the subject like YOU claimed JW's do.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Ha! Ok, NVL...you backed me into a corner! How 'bout the Glen Beck rally. Crazy, huh?

(Laziness has won out on this one. I'm tired of looking up scriptures.) It's not as if you wanted them anyway.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Judgement from GOD, not me.

So why did you judge me as being unable to be content? The scripture you quoted had nothing to do with contentment.

Jesus preached judgement, NVL. Read Mat 10:28. You probably won't so I'll quote it here:

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body, but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both sould and body in hell."

Thanks. Can you show me the word judgement in that? Or what people would be judged for? It spoke about being in fear of someone tha can kill both the body and the soul, but never mentioned judgment.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Ha! Ok, NVL...you backed me into a corner! How 'bout the Glen Beck rally. Crazy, huh?

(Laziness has won out on this one. I'm tired of looking up scriptures.) It's not as if you wanted them anyway.

Thanks for judging what I do and do not want. I am asking you questions and you are now changing the subject. Why?

• undercover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit