WT Spending

by brotherdan 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's what I would expect from a real estate company.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Brotherdan -

You sound like Judas Iscariot after the woman spread perfumed nard (very very costly) on Jesus' feet then wiped it away with her hair (how erotic and sexy did Jesus allow his followers to be??)

The perfume could have been sold and the money used to help the poor. Jesus said to let her alone: I shall soon be gone, but the poor will be with you forever. (even in the New Woild??)

The GB can justify this glorious spending on the same grounds - they will not be with us forever.

Will they be gone soon? Good riddance.

(The new Generation teaching undermines this BIG TIME)

HB

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Good way to slide out from making donations. "Jehoover is providing for you so well you certainly do not need me to."

• Terry
    Terry

The Mega Church has come to Jehovah's Witnesses!

It must be the wave of the future (read: revenue enhancement).

If it can work for Joel Osteen and Rick Warren, why not the Watchtower cult?

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

I participated in the building of the of the Assembly Hall in Rosenberg, TX. They couldn't have made the building anymore cost effective than they did. The architects (brothers who volunteered their time free of charge) that designed it from scratch could have made it ugly to put a sock in the mouth of opposers but they're of relative importance.

Jehovah's Witnesses teach people to help themselves.

So never be anxious and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or, ‘What are we to drink?’ or, ‘What are we to put on?’ For all these are the things the nations are eagerly pursuing. For your heavenly Father knows you need all these things. “Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to you. Matthew 6:31-33

The money that goes into the organization is to further Kingdom interests, it's not for charity. If a person wants to give to charity organizations that's their choice although the money that's given to these organizations is often abused. Joel Osteen has a charity aspect to his ministry although he takes a big cut of what you donate for luxury items as just about all religious leaders do. No one in Brooklyn, New York receives any money for personal reasons or for luxury items including the governing body. If you say they are money lovers and the facts by direct observation indicate otherwise, you should probably get in touch with reality and adjust your thinking.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Correct me if I am wrong, maybe those formerly on RBC can let us know if this is wrong...

Aren't assembly halls built with cash from the local brothers? I thought that once they decided that an assembly hall was going in to an area they start squeezing the local congos for cash, and then they get a loan for the balance.

So even though the WT has millions and millions, they don't take any financial risk in the assembly hall other than the loan. Then they get the loan back, and cash donations from every assembly each weekend.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Wow, that's not the impression I got when entering the Taj Mahal Assembly Hall. It was well known that the Society seemed downright embarrassed at the $$$ spent on the facility and took a more direct role in managing future Assembly Halls.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I worked on a big refurb on the Manchester (UK) Assy Hall on the RBC team on the purchasing dept during the 90's - in that dept I saw the vast quantities of money spent on extras like a real gold painted ceiling for the huge place.....

Every circuit assembly our group of congs had to find around £5000 to cover a weekend's expenses to be there...constant appeals from the platform to put the money in the boxes.....and yet the society owned it?? All very questionable...

Loz x

• St George of England
    St George of England

When we replaced our perfectly adequate and modern KH for a new 'Quick Build', a Bible Study lady asked why we were doing that if the end was so near. She never came again.

George

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Alice....wow....you still lurk here? Are you really ignorant of the lavish lifestyle that the leaders at brooklyn lead? I lived there. I saw their benefits. The lowly bethelites may only get $100 per month (at least that's what I got when I was there) but the leaders have corporate credit cards and charge everything to the society. When a GB member comes and gives talks they don't only stay with other witnesses. They stay at 5 star resorts and charge everything back to the WT. They have the NEWEST cars, they travel the world, they have the power over millions of people. So don't give me this 'they live a simple life' stuff. They don't. Teaching people about the kingdom is a noble effort. But the fact remains that you cannot learn about the kingdom if you are sick or starving. You take the scritpure in Mat 6 completely out of context.

If you think that giving to those in need is not necessary when you are preaching, then you do not know the NT. Read scriptures like Romans 15:26 or Ga 2:10.

Alice, I'd like for you to try and think of this from Jesus perspective. Please read Mt 25:35-40. People are saved, at least in part, due to the way they help the poor. Jesus viewed our treatment of the poor and those in need as if we were treating HIM that way. So you cannot say that preaching nulifies the need to help the poor. That is pure ignorance of the scriptures.

You call it a personal choice to give to the needy?!?!? Are you the sort that won't help the poor because you think they should "get a job" or "they are just going to use the money for booze"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit