WT Spending

by brotherdan 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ziddina
    ziddina

"They help the poor through local congregations provided they show some interest in the Bible and don't invalidate their interest by abusing the hospitality of others. They've given resources to those in 3rd world countries and have educated them too. Read some of the yearbooks about congregation activity in countries like Mexico, African countries and others. ..."

Translation: They're only interested in swelling the ranks within the cult/organization, and aren't the least bit interested in helping people who AREN'T potential converts...

Aaaaaand Malice is playing the same old violin... again... smiley playing sad violin

Zid

• wasblind
    wasblind

In the cong i attended, it was the red cross that help any witness whos house

burned down along with people in the cong not the WTS. Also the local

Christian Help center that is funded by local churches and other Organization

not the WTS

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    They help the poor through local congregations

Names of the "many" congregations you are referring to, please????

And what are the ways they have helped the poor? Please be specific.

It should be easy for you to provide this information, since you say you have first hand knowledge of this.

• metatron
    metatron

Read the yearbooks? About Mexico and other places? Really?

Are you unaware that many of these efforts by missionaries to teach or help the poor have been done because some countries are suspicious of selfish religions, greedy for money and control - and so compel the Society to do something more than just trolling for converts? That it may be required or the Watchtower wouldn't do it?

Are you also unaware of the long history of how pathetic and cheap the Society has been across decades in regard to Gilead missionaries? That it was so bad that a Gilead instructor once gave a talk at graduation entitled "Do Not Expect Anything From Anybody" telling graduates not to expect anyone from the branch to pick them up at the airport when they report for duty?

Charity? My God, they don't even take care of their own!

metatron

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Alice, I spent 30 years in the organization and served in many different responsibilities. You must just be ignorant. They DO NOT help the poor through the local congregations. You want to show me proof? You asked me for proof, so now I'm asking you. Is there a "Help the Needy" contribution box that I can contribute for? Yes or No? I know you won't answer that. I HAVE known of personal individuals that have helped other JWs in need. But helping the needy (including non JW's) is not a function of the organization or congregation. You and I both know that to claim otherwise is to outright lie. But you do that alot while defending them on this forum, don't you Alice?"

If you spent 30 years in the organization you'd know that many have provided financial assistance to others. There's no official funding pool for those in destitute. A person generally likes to know something about the person they're giving financial aid to so they know what's being done with the money and that it's actually going to accomplish some good.

• elderelite
    elderelite

alice you idiot did you read the scripture you quoted? Paul said:

For you yourselves know the way you ought to imitate us, because we did not behave disorderly among you nor did we eat food from anyone free. To the contrary, by labor and toil night and day we were working so as not to impose an expensive burden upon any one of you. Not that we do not have authority, but in order that we might offer ourselves as an example to you to imitate us. In fact, also, when we were with you, we used to give you this order: “If anyone does not want to work, neither let him eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:7-10

How do the GB follow this? please help me out.. Paul made tents.. what does the GB make?

also you ask us to read yearbooks for examples of helping the poor... help me out dear. Cite something from the year book. Use the cd rom to cut and past. I know you know how...

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Let's go, Alice!

You have repeatedly demanded that abuse victims name themselves, their abuser and the congregation it happened in before you will believe them.

So, let's have it.

Name the "many" people and congreations, and what specifically they have done to help the poor.

Why are you ignoring me?

It should be far less painful for you to reveal this type of information, than what you have demanded abuse victims to reveal before they are worthy of your belief.

• metatron
    metatron

Alice quoting the Bible manifests the narrow and all too typical Witness mindset of a few proof texts.

Acts 6:1-7 has the Apostles creating a permanent charity arrangement for feeding poor widows. It continued as Paul notes - "Let a widow be put on the list.....". It cost money and took people away from "prayer and the ministry of the word". The record also notes that this arrangement resulted in growth in the congregations by using the word "Consequently......... in verse 7.

Archaelogists have found personal names amidst early Christians that refer to garbage or excrement. Why? Because they were abandoned as babies on Roman communal trash heaps - and then rescued by Christians and adopted.

Alice, the real truth about JWs will be manifested by countless experiences of discouraged ex-Witnesses who feel differently. The endless claims of "love" are wearing thin - and organizational cutbacks and Branch closings reflect that reality as a side effect.

metatron

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"alice you idiot did you read the scripture you quoted? Paul said:

For you yourselves know the way you ought to imitate us, because we did not behave disorderly among you nor did we eat food from anyone free. To the contrary, by labor and toil night and day we were working so as not to impose an expensive burden upon any one of you. Not that we do not have authority, but in order that we might offer ourselves as an example to you to imitate us. In fact, also, when we were with you, we used to give you this order: “If anyone does not want to work, neither let him eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:7-10"

How do the GB follow this? please help me out.. Paul made tents.. what does the GB make?

also you ask us to read yearbooks for examples of helping the poor... help me out dear. Cite something from the year book. Use the cd rom to cut and past. I know you know how..."

Most members of the Governing Body aside from the first ones weren't always in an administrative position and did secular work, not to mention most men their age are retired. The first ones worked secular prior to their theocratic involvement.

You can read this and every year book contains information about missionary activity.

jv chap. 21 p. 346 How Is It All Financed?

In some other lands, the local economy or the financial condition of Jehovah’s Witnesses has made it very difficult, even impossible, for them to build needed branch offices to supervise the work or factories in which to publish Bible literature in the local languages. The Witnesses within the country have been given opportunity to do what they can. (2 Cor. 8:11, 12) But lack of funds in a country is not allowed to hinder the spread of the Kingdom message there if needed finances are available elsewhere.

Thus, while local Witnesses do what they can, in a large part of the world a considerable portion of the money needed for branch buildings is provided by donations made by Jehovah’s Witnesses in other lands. That was true in connection with the building of the large complexes completed in South Africa in 1987, Nigeria in 1990, and the Philippines in 1991. It was also true of Zambia, where potential printing facilities were still under construction in 1992. It has likewise been true of many projects of smaller proportions, such as those completed in India in 1985; Chile in 1986; Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guyana, Haiti, and Papua New Guinea in 1987; Ghana in 1988; and Honduras in 1989.

w01 6/15 p. 11 Look After Orphans and Widows in Their Tribulation

Of course, the aid provided was moderate and in harmony with the means of the individual congregations. Money was not wasted, and those assisted were really in need. No Christian was to take unfair advantage of this arrangement, and no unnecessary burden was to be placed upon the congregation. This was clearly evident in Paul’s instructions set out at 1 Timothy 5:3-16. There we see that if the relatives of the needy were able to assist them, they were to shoulder that responsibility. Needy widows had to meet certain requirements in order to qualify for assistance. All of this reflects the wise arrangement Jehovah uses to care for those in need. Yet, it also shows that balance must be exercised so that no one presumes on the kindness shown.—2 Thessalonians 3:10-12.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

watchtower spending is..............

"the enemy of the false prophet is time"

their spending in these glory houses with be for nil, their falseness will come down upon them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit