WT Spending

by brotherdan 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

So......you're walking down the street and a homeless person asks you to buy him something to eat.

You would do.....what?

1. Preach to him?

2. Question him thoroughly to ascertain if he is worthy of a sandwich or not?

3. Build him a branch office?

• flipper
    flipper

BROTHER DAN- Good thread. Thanks for posting. Your wife " thought it was a beautiful provision by Jehovah too. " Correction. It was a beautiful provision by the WT society due to collecting inheritances, trust funds, wills, estates, cars, jewelry and any OTHER material donations given scott free to the society by older deluded Jehovah's Witnesses who are at the end of their life and have waited 60, 70, or 80 years for the alleged " generation " to end and be saved into a Paradise. Has the WT society delivered on THAT promise ? Nope. Yet they keep accepting these people's donations ! In my opinion- that is morally wrong on the WT society's part

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

I won't answer the panhandling question anymore than someone would send money to my paypal account because I asked them to.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I won't answer the panhandling question anymore than someone would send money to my paypal account because I asked them to.

How sad that you see a "panhandler", while others of us see a "person".

How sad that you equate giving a needy person a little of your time or money, as the same as giving money to a Paypal account indiscriminately.

How sad.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "A person generally likes to know something about the person they're giving financial aid to so they know what's being done with the money and that it's actually going to accomplish some good. ..."

Aaaaaand that goes TRIPLE for organizations making claims of being "charitable" to the "poor"...

As Malice has quoted the Watchtower Society's claim to do that very thing, let us ask, is the Watchtower accounting PUBLICLY for all the donations it receives, especially as to HOW THEY ARE SPENT??? And by "public", I mean a full accounting for all monies/items of worth it receives, accessible to the public at large???

I didn't think so...

Sheesh, and Malice couldn't see the supreme irony of his/her own words???

What a MAROOON!!

Zid

• metatron
    metatron

Branch offices supported by donations? Let's see......

Massive layoffs of Bethelites in the US Branch. Printing downsized, equipment sold off

Downsizing in German Branch

Downsizing in Italian Branch

Downsizing in Spanish Branch

All Branch offices in Central America to be shut down, merged with Mexico (despite growth in Latino congregations and more Spanish publications being printed than in English)

Now, the Irish Branch Office gets dumped

Looks like the donations aren't coming in, Alice. I wonder what the Governing Body will cut next?

No matter what they lose, the fraud continues. They never can admit that something is very very wrong with their 'spiritual paradise". Jehovah is closing His Celestial Wallet.

metatron

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Alice,

My father had an elderly bible study whose plumbing system failed in her shack. He estimated that it would be $1,500 to fix it, if HE, an elderly man, did the work himself.

He asked the congregation to make an announcment of her plight. The elders refused.

He informally asked members to help her out. They refused.

He wrote Bethel. Bethel wrote back, "No help", and carbon copied his elders and overseer. He was counciled.

I gave him part of the money and he stopped giving to the KH for several months until HE had saved up enough of his own money to help this lady.

She never became a JW; but she did get her plumbing fixed because of the individual efforts of my father who monetarily rejected his KH for several months.

Skeeter

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I really think the WT attitude about spending the flock's money has trickled down to the congregations.

Here's why: The Hall I was in had a big renovation done through the RBC. Asked the 3 congos who shared the Hall for donation of $50,000. People thought that seemed steep for wallpaper, carpet, recovering of chairs and a few window blinds. It was explained away that there was some furnace and duct work, too, and upgrading of the sound system.....You know that can be expensive.

Reno is finally finished - it's a dog's breakfast of colors and a resolution is read at the next meeting that we all agree to fork over another $25,000, as they went "over-budget". No explanation for why. And anyone who asked was quickly threatened to shut up.

I owned my own construction business at the time. If I had ever bid $50,000 to complete a job and then handed them a bill for $75,000 at the end, there would be some serious questioning going on.

I feel the same way about the higher-ups here. They spend the flock's hard-earned money indiscriminately.

And at the same time, the guilt trips - "Should you be going on vacation when there's preaching to be done?" "Does your family really need that new sofa?" "How many times are you eating out, compared to how much $$ you are donating to us?"

They expect the flock to live frugally. Yet will spend $5000 on blinds for 2 - that's right, folks - 2 windows.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Branch offices supported by donations? Let's see......

Massive layoffs of Bethelites in the US Branch. Printing downsized, equipment sold off

Downsizing in German Branch

Downsizing in Italian Branch

Downsizing in Spanish Branch

All Branch offices in Central America to be shut down, merged with Mexico (despite growth in Latino congregations and more Spanish publications being printed than in English)

Now, the Irish Branch Office gets dumped

Looks like the donations aren't coming in, Alice. I wonder what the Governing Body will cut next?

No matter what they lose, the fraud continues. They never can admit that something is very very wrong with their 'spiritual paradise". Jehovah is closing His Celestial Wallet.

metatron"

There was 276,233 baptized in 2009. Reorganization in facility structure doesn't say anything about the organization's expansion. Where did you get your information from? The reason I ask is because brotherdan says they have an extensive cash buffer and should thus have a charity service and you say the funds are drying up. So which is it?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Still waiting for specific names and congregations.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit