WT Spending

by brotherdan 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• seenitall
    seenitall

I agree also, "Just look at the beautiful AH - Jeh is really blessing the bros" Please give more, more, more, it is so costly to maintain such a beautiful place - it is like having the Paradise already! Sick!!!

• wasblind
    wasblind

"don't want Big Bros Govt wrath and more scandal than there already is"

I thought that they had cover from the Govt. under the blanket of religion

can't religious Organizations get away with things that non religious corporations

can't, does anyone know, i'm asking because i don't know and maybe someone

can clear that up for me. I've heard that the Govt. don't like to get involved in court

cases involving religion

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You've seen the Watchtower help the poor? You are such a liar Alice. They don't have any arrangement to help the poor. And when you say that they must be "on the road to personal responsibility" you mean that they must be baptized into the Watchtower organization, or getting ready to. Is that right?

How can you EVER say that they help the poor? When have they given food to those that are starving in 3rd world countries. They didn't work enough so they don't deserve it, right? Isn't that the point of your heartless post? I'm so sick of your defenses Alice. I don't even think you believe them. I think that you just like playing the Devil's advocate. Or Watchtowers advocate....but they are one and the same aren't they. ..

• wasblind
    wasblind

To make myself clear

I'm not talking about Govt agencies like the EEOC

• ziddina
    ziddina

"if there's evidence a person is on the road to personal responsibility ..."

Translation: If they're willing to be sucked into the cult...

Zid

[whoops. Responded immediately when I read Malice's post; hadn't read all the way to BrotherDan's reply ...]

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I've seen this many times.

Name?

Congregation?

Please be as specific as you have demanded all of us to be.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"You've seen the Watchtower help the poor? You are such a liar Alice. They don't have any arrangement to help the poor. And when you say that they must be "on the road to personal responsibility" you mean that they must be baptized into the Watchtower organization, or getting ready to. Is that right?

How can you EVER say that they help the poor? When have they given food to those that are starving in 3rd world countries. They didn't work enough so they don't deserve it, right? Isn't that the point of your heartless post? I'm so sick of your defenses Alice. I don't even think you believe them. I think that you just like playing the Devil's advocate. Or Watchtowers advocate....but they are one and the same aren't they. .."

They help the poor through local congregations provided they show some interest in the Bible and don't invalidate their interest by abusing the hospitality of others. They've given resources to those in 3rd world countries and have educated them too. Read some of the yearbooks about congregation activity in countries like Mexico, African countries and others.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

In my 40 years as a Witness, I never once saw us do anything for the community, for the poor or any other charity.

In fact, we prided ourselves on the fact that we didn't give to charity. Not like the churches, who were only making "Rice Christians".

Right, Alice??

Do you really think Jesus had people fill out a questionairre or go through some sort of screening process or vow to serve an earthly organization for the rest of their natural lives before he helped them?

• metatron
    metatron

Since the occult loving Alice has raised the issue, let's compare Watchtower leadership with the world.

In the world, if you run a corporation, you must be very careful about predictions. You can get hit with a class action lawsuit very easily ( and since I invest ten's of thousands in the stock market, I am VERY familiar with this!)

However, because they are protected by the first amendment and the court system's distaste for getting involved in religious issues, the Watchtower has freely practiced fraud across parts of 3 centuries. They tell people Armageddon is Soon - or set a date for it - and then take their money. The End never comes, the money goes unreturned and the fraud continues.

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses are "Sons of Bernie Madoff"

In the world, there is often some sort of severance for long term employees let go. I dare any Watchtower Apologist to tell me that US auto company severance arrangements weren't superior to the shameful pittance given to long term Bethelites. As one long term laid off Bethelite put it, "I can't understand how the Society could do this to us in the worst labor market in 50 years!"

Indeed! Next time you Watchtower defenders consider the subject of why Witnesses aren't supporting the organization the way they used to do, think about their perception that they are reflecting the poor service they get from uncaring Watchtower leaders.

metatron

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Alice, I spent 30 years in the organization and served in many different responsibilities. You must just be ignorant. They DO NOT help the poor through the local congregations. You want to show me proof? You asked me for proof, so now I'm asking you. Is there a "Help the Needy" contribution box that I can contribute for? Yes or No? I know you won't answer that. I HAVE known of personal individuals that have helped other JWs in need. But helping the needy (including non JW's) is not a function of the organization or congregation. You and I both know that to claim otherwise is to outright lie. But you do that alot while defending them on this forum, don't you Alice?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit