The Master spoke to me this morning. . .

by Inkie 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Inkie
    Inkie

This morning as I lay lying in bed I was listening to music on the radio station on my headset. When I do this, I do this so as not to disturb the wife while she is sleeping. Only this morning, she had already risen and was downstairs getting ready to go to work and just about to walk out the door. A really good song came on and I was just lying there enjoying it when all of a sudden the Master says to me quite clearly:

“Turn off the radio and remove the headset. Your wife is going to ask you something.”

I thought to myself in that moment:

“No, if she needs to ask me something, she’ll come back upstairs or holler up. And besides, I’m really enjoying this song on the radio and I don’t want to miss it. If my wife needs something she’ll ask me again.”

(Mind you, I’ve heard this song countless times and I would probably hear it again countless times. But I was “in the moment” of my song. I didn’t want to be interrupted. Not that hearing this song was somehow exceptionally important because it wasn’t.)

Again, the Master says:

“Turn off the radio and take off the headset.”

This time, I responded to that second directive with a itsy bitsy teeny weeny mini-bit of annoyance (I confess and repent) because I was going to miss the rest of my song, but okay, I turned off the radio and removed the headset from off my head. No sooner than I did that did my wife call up:

“Honey, can you take the package on the dining room table to the post office for me today? And feed the one dog?”

I responded to her with: “Okay, sweetie, not a problem. Will do.”

I lay there for a moment amazed at how I heard the Master speak so very clearly to me. And about a request my wife made about such a mundane matter as taking a package to the post office and feeding one of our dogs. It was nothing profound, prophetic, or earth-shaking—just a simple thing. I went halfway downstairs and called to my sweetie and told her what happened. We both laughed. She reminded me:

“He that is faithful in what is least, will be faithful also in much.”

That’s my hope! That I am faithful in both what is 'least' and what is 'much.'

Has the Master spoken to you today? What did he say?

--Inkie

• sir82
    sir82
    What did he say?

"Make sure you sign onto JWN today. A poster will confuse schizophrenia with hearing the voice of a Master."

• Titus
  • AGuest
    AGuest

Good for YOU, dearest Inkie (peace to you!)... for hearing... and obedience to such a small thing! The greatest of love and peace to you... your dear wife... and your entire household, my brother in Christ!

YOUR servant and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am so glad the Master is involved in such mundane things like getting packages delivered in time and worrying about pets.
    Leave the murders and oil spills and cancer and dangerous mind-control cults and stuff like that to the humans.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Leave the murders and oil spills and cancer and dangerous mind-control cults and stuff like that to the humans.

"My kingdom is no part of this world..." JM, circa 27-30 c.e.

You just keep setting yourself up for these things, dear OTWO (as always, peace to you!)...

A slave of Christ,

SA

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think it was possibly your ego that spoke to you. You/your ego, knowing the habits of your wife, correctly predicted that she would ask you to do a task before she left to go out:

In modern English, ego has many meanings. It could mean one’s self-esteem, an inflated sense of self-worth, or in philosophical terms, one’s self. However, according to Freud, the ego is the part of the mind that contains the consciousness. Originally, Freud used the word ego to mean a sense of self, but later revised it to mean a set of psychic functions such as judgment, tolerance, reality-testing, control, planning, defense, synthesis of information, intellectual functioning, and memory. [ 1 ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id,_ego,_and_super-ego

• beksbks
    beksbks

Wow

• beksbks
    beksbks

Has the Master spoken to you today? What did he say?

He said "Woman, I'm home! Fix me some dinner!" This was very close to 5 o'clock, which is unusual, because most days I hear this at closer to 6. However, for some reason I had the feeling that today was different, and started dinner early. Possibly because I had seen him log off of AIM and suspected that he would be on the earlier train. It's all so mysterious, but it does serve to strengthen my faith. In the mass transit system.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You are quite possibly one of the early receptors for Aquarian, the Water Bearer for the cusp of the age of Aquarius. The age is of "spiritual" water and electricity (things that flow- just as the sign in the stars is pouring out the vessel). You obviously have whatever quirk it takes for receiving the electrical flow. Could the package have had any significance in the universe that might aid an age of freedom of individual expression, group conscience, technology, and the lighting up of the earth? Perhaps something electronic or with a light in it, or a book?

It must be important in the big scheme of things. Or it could be the dog that is important.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit