The Master spoke to me this morning. . .

by Inkie 62 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace!

First, there must be some confusion here, because dear Inkie NEVER said God spoke to him. So those who are having that particular problem, I implore you to reread his post. Second, I cannot respond for dear Inkie in this (but I have not doubt that at some point he will respond for himself - it is the weekend, after all), and I cannot respond for the Most Holy One of Israel... or His Son (who I believe dear Inkie was referring to, and who is NOT God). For who put their faith in the Bible, and claim to put it in God and/or Christ, please be assured that both God AND Christ, speak... God THROUGH Christ... and NOT through some book. The "book" (Bible) itself states this: John 10:1-15, 27; Hebrews 12:25; Matthew 17:5. If you don't believe dear Inkie, or others of us like him, then at LEAST believe the "thing" you claim to put YOUR faith in.

I can respond to the questions that ask why God doesn't/isn't/hasn't do/doing/done anything about "problems" going on in the world... and do so with three words: the New Covenant.

What does that mean? It means, as I have posted here MANY times... that the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, did not and has not obligated Himself to care for any but His own. With fleshly Israel first (Psalm 147:19, 20) and after those rejected the King HE established for that nation, with spiritual Israel, both fleshly and those that go with them... by hanging onto to the skirt of a man who was a Jew (Jeremiah 31:31-34; Zechariah 8:23; Ephesians 3:12-24), even now. He made a covenant with Israel that IF they walked in His ways He WOULD care for them, indeed prosper them (Exodus 19:5, 6). He even called out to them through the Prophets, particularly Isaiah, saying that if they would stop doing what pleased THEM... "and speaking a word"... but remember HIS sabbath and "keep it holy"... that then He would be BOUND to care for them (Isaiah 58:6-14). Bound... by the COVENANT He made WITH them. That was the PURPOSE of the Covenant.

It is the same today: the Most Holy One of Israel does not have a covenant with the world. They, the world, are left to the gods THEY serve (if they indeed serve any; if not, well, then, they have no one TO call upon, and if they do, well, we see how that's working out). His obligation is to HIS house (Ephesians 2:19-21)... those who are joined to Christ by means of a union with that One... and them only. They are the ONLY ones He OBLIGATED Himself to:

"Look! There are days coming,” is the utterance of JaHVeH, “and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judaha new covenant; not one like the covenant that I concluded with their forefathers in the day of my taking hold of their hand to bring them forth out of the land of Egypt, ‘which covenant of mine they themselves broke, although I myself had husbandly ownership of them,’ is the utterance of JaHVeH. For this is the covenant that I shall conclude with the house of Israel after those days,” is the utterance of JaHVeH. I will put my law within them, and in theirheart I shall write it. And I will become their God, and they themselves will become my people. And they will no more teach each one his companion and each one his brother, saying, ‘K NOW JaHVeH!’ for they will all of them know me, from the least one of them even to the greatest one of them,” is the utterance of JaHVeH. “For I shall forgive their error, and their sin I shall remember no more.” Jeremiah 31:31-34

Just as in the days of Noah, it was the ARK... that preserved that household alive. During the days of the tabernacle and temple at Jerusalem, it was the presence of the ARK... of the Covenant... with Israel that preserved Israel alive. The Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, has NOT changed: it is STILL the Ark... of the NEW Covenant... that serves as a protection for [spiritual] Israel... and those who go with THEM.

Some will say, "Yeah, well, "christians" suffer and die and get sick and hurt just like everyone else." I offer to you that that is not correct: so-called christians, those who call themselves such because they claim to "follow Christ" (which is a disciple, but NOT a christian!)... or because they've joined a church or religion that calls itself "christian"... are not those who are in the New Covenant. The ONLY way to be in the New Covenant is to be in union with Christ... by means of a ratification... on YOUR part by partaking of his flesh and blood, which is the DEMONSTRATION of YOUR "yes"... and the "splashing of blood" on YOUR "doorpost... and on HIS part... by pouring out upon you holy spirit. THAT is what brings you into the NEW Covenant... and thus OBLIGATES the Most Holy One of Israel to care for, protect, and prosper you.

It is also what allows you to KNOW God, by KNOWING Christ... and so HOW God speaks to you... THROUGH Christ... by means of your ANOINTING... so that you do not need the Bible, some other book, or some other PERSON teaching you. Because the features of that NEW Covenant are:

And HOW does such ones come to know the Most Holy One of Israel, JaHVeh? Christ, the one who MEDIATES that Covenant, is recorded to have said:

"I publicly praise you, Father Yes, O Father, because to do thus came to be the way approved by you. All things have been delivered to me by my Father, and no one fully knows the Son but the Father,neither does anyone fully know the Father but the Son and anyone to whom the Son is willing to reveal him.Come to me Take For my yoke is kindly and my load is light.” my yoke upon YOU andlearn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and YOU will find refreshment for YOUR souls., all YOU who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh YOU ., Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes.

NOWHERE did my Lord... or the Father say... listen to... or learn from... the BIBLE. Both said that Christ is whom we are to listen to... and learn from. HE is the One who speaks to us (John 10:27) ... to leads us into ALL truth (1 John 2:27), including the truth about the Most Holy One of Israel... and into the New Covenant, which is the ONLY "agreement" that man can have with God... to be cared for.

Now, I can see where some will go in their hearts: "Well, if He doesn't care about me, then I don't care about Him." Well, okay, so be it. It's entirely YOUR choice, though, because He has SAID what you need to do to BE in such covenant... and thus have Him obligated to care you... and your entire household: be in union with His Son. And if YOU don't wish to bother with that one, very small, item... who really is to blame? I offer the following:

You live in Wisconsin and are a man who takes good care of your household. You love your wife and children greatly and tenderly, protect them, and do all you can to make them happy. A man who lives in Bangladesh beats his wife and kids. HIS neighbor, however, wants to know why YOU aren't doing something about it. Yet, neither is he... and he lives right next door! How, then, can he shake his fist at you???

It is the New Covenant that obligates God to care for one... and one's family... and not the world, except to the extend the "world" comes to HIM, through Christ. Otherwise, one is really on one's own... or at the mercy of one's OWN "god," whoever or whatever that "god" may be... including money... and including NO god. Yet, JAH is merciful... and there are times when HIS love and compassion result in a benefit even to those of the world. But, for the most part, the world is on its own. As my Lord's kingdom... is NO PART of this world.

I bid you peace... and ears to hear and get the SENSE of this truth.

A slave of Christ,

SA, who has SEEN, through Christ... that God is indeed good... without exception...

• Violia
    Violia

A guest, thank you for that post. I enjoy your reading your view on this.

• AGuest
    AGuest

The greatest of love and peace to you, dear Violia... and glad to "see" you, dear one!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• tec
    tec

I just wanted to add something (and thank you for the post, Shelby, I am getting the sense of that as well). But those who do good to those who belong to Him (Christ) will also not lose their reward. I think you mentioned this before, but I thought it bore bringing up here again.

Matthew 10:42

"And if anyone gives a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."

I'm not even sure if that means you have to believe or not. Just to be gentle and kind to those who do believe. (which might mean that you actually do believe - deep down - or are simply living with the law naturally written on your heart - love others)

Tammy

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

If I Hadn't Found Jesus, I'd Feel Pretty Shitty About My Crimes

BY LOUIS DARREN ALLENBY
    AUGUST 12, 2010 | ISSUE 46•32

ARTICLE TOOLS

RELATED ARTICLES

The first few months behind bars were the worst of my life. Every night I'd stare into the darkness, waiting for the nightmares, waiting to hear those horrible screams all over again. Even here behind these thick penitentiary walls, there was no hiding from what I'd done to that poor family.

Then, one night, it happened: I lay alone in my cell, my only companion the visions of wickedness that filled my head. Suddenly, there was a light, and somehow the light spoke to me. It was the voice of Jesus Christ. He told me he had died for the sins of mankind and all could find peace through his salvation. Was I ready to repent?

Uh, let me think about that for a sec. Yup!

It was a stroke of unbelievable luck. Here I thought I'd spend the rest of my life agonizing over that night I broke into a random house and methodically tortured all five of its residents, but Jesus was like, "Nah, you're good." He took all those years I expected to wallow in suffocating guilt for having forced a mother to choose the order in which I strangled her children and wiped them away in a jiff.

Which is ironic because the family I murdered in cold blood was praying to Jesus like crazy the whole time.

If it weren't for the Savior, I'd still be living with a horribly tormented conscience like some chump. I used to think that maybe, just maybe, I could ease some of the unrelenting pain after a lifetime of good works and contrition. But once God's grace washed over me—and that took, what, maybe 15 minutes at most?—I knew I was in the clear.

Bing, bang, boom. Salvation.

I mean, it's too bad I'll never get back those days I squandered on unbearable guilt, but Jesus bailed me out big time, so I'm not going to complain. No sense in living in the past. The man who took five innocent lives in brutal fashion and made himself a glass of chocolate milk afterward might as well be a totally different person. I walk in the Lord now.

And man, is it great! All those remorse pounds I lost came right back with my renewed appetite, and I'm sleeping better than ever. Sure, every once in a while, my dreams are interrupted by the image of that 6-year-old with a broken neck pointing at me, but that's why I keep ol' 1 John 1:9 taped to my ceiling: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Pretty straightforward, right? And it's not like that kid isn't in heaven right now, bathing in His loving light and everything.

See, God's looking out for both of us.

I now know the power of forgiveness, because it was hand-delivered to me by the highest authority in the universe. It'd be nice if the friends and relatives of the Robinson family forgave me too, but you know what? That's between them and God. All I can do is forgive them for having judged me. If they harden their hearts and turn away from His love—well, I can only pity them, really.

It's a shame not everyone can move on from that horrible night, with its choked sobs, desperate pleas for mercy, and senseless bloody killings. But thankfully, I have.

Jesus has led me to a new path. I don't know what lies ahead, exactly, but now that I'm not so sad all the dang time, I've thought about maybe trying to learn a foreign language. I'm leaning toward Japanese, even though I hear it's pretty hard. The grammar's supposed to be tricky, and there are all those weird characters you have to learn, too.

Of course, the laws of man will keep me physically behind bars for the rest of my life. But my soul has been set free by the Lord and by the sacrifice of His only son. Despite all my earthly sins, He has redeemed me. He always does.

Had I known that sooner, I would've killed way more people.

• tec
    tec

Yeah - I know that's a farce, but its also very clearly not repentance, so it means nothing.

Tammy

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

but its also very clearly not repentance,

Really? Why not? Can you out-fabricate the WT on what constitutes repentance, Tammy? This should be interesting.

• tec
    tec

Give me some time, and I'll rewrite that article with my pov instead of his on repentance, tonight. yes, it will be my opinion, but you'll at least see where I'm coming from.

• startingover
    startingover

Well Tec, I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something, but I think you should stick with a comment you made earlier (highlighted in red):

Perhaps the master (Christ and God) are capable of doing both (helping big and little things), but limited by the people engaging in those big/little things, who refuse to 'hear'.

I don't know.
    I think one of the biggest things the WTS took from me is my belief in the power of prayer. Not the benefit of prayer - to oneself - but the power of receiving something asked for in prayer. (which, considering all the things I have received after asking, is pretty bad)
    Tammy

And what the hell is Snowbird doing here, just when my blood pressure was getting down to normal.

• tec
    tec

The first few months behind bars were the worst of my life. Every night I'd stare into the darkness, waiting for the nightmares, waiting to hear those horrible screams all over again. Even here behind these thick penitentiary walls, there was no hiding from what I'd done to that poor family.

Then, one night, it happened: I lay alone in my cell, my only companion the visions of wickedness that filled my head. Suddenly, there was a light, and somehow the light spoke to me. It was the voice of Jesus Christ. He told me he had died for the sins of mankind and all could find peace through his salvation. Was I ready to repent?

(not sure how something like that would happen, so I'm not going to mess with it)

Uh, let me think about that for a sec. Yup!

It was a stroke of mercy. I didn't deserve it and I don't know why I have it. But I am so grateful for it. I deserve to spend the rest of my life agonizing over that night I broke into a random house and methodically tortured all five of its residents, but by the grace of God, He sent his son to offer me forgiveness and help me find what peace I can. I wish I could change what I did, but I can't. I wish I could make amends, but I can't. I can only be humbled by this forgiveness given me - and tell all of you who live in torment and regret that this hope is real.

I used to think that maybe, just maybe, I could ease some of the unrelenting pain after a lifetime of good works and contrition - and I will do my best to follow this - But once God's grace washed over me, peace began to replace the pain. I will always regret what I did, and the pain that I caused others, and I know that I deserve to be in this prison for whatever peace that grants the family and friends of those I hurt—but I could not be silent about the grace of God. For those of you who think it isn't for you, that you've sunk too low, that there is no hope... there is hope in Christ.

I now know the power of forgiveness, because it was delivered to me by the highest authority in the universe. To the friends and relatives of the Robinson family... I am sorry for all I've done to harm you and yours. I don't expect you to forgive me- in your shoes, I don't think I could - but I am sorry. I cannot change what I did... I can only live as best as I can now. For what comfort it is worth, I will never leave this place.

To those of you without hope : despite all my earthly sins, He has redeemed me. He always does. Call to Him.

Had I known and understood that sooner, I might never have done the things I did.

It was harder than I thought to try and rewrite that - mainly because there was so much wrong with it. But for what its worth - that's my idea of a repentant/grateful letter. I'm not trying to judge anyone, and maybe some people think that's the way it works and think that's the way it worked for them - but there was no love in that letter/nor humility - not toward the people he had hurt. If you're given such a gift of forgiveness, are you going to be so callous toward the people that you hurt? Are you even going to be capable of that? Maybe if you weren't sorry to begin with, sure - but if you were truly sorry?

Anyway, it was a farce... so I don't even know why I wrote that.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit