Question for Titus

by Albert Einstein 59 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    might be useful for me to allign myself with JWs with whom I agree on their anti-war stance

You should be OK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscientious_objector#1945-present

Question: Would you go to prison or would you agree to perform "alternative civilian service"?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Slim, you don't need to align yourself with any group to be a conscientious objector - it is a personal decision.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Maybe but if we have a major international conflict it could be useful to have a group to associate with who also oppose war. Who knows how rough the world situation might become in the future? I am not sure I am ready to join Marxist revolutionaries, yet.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

T. C. Budallah.

Stay

• JWoods
    JWoods

If Titus stays, there is a chance he can become un-indoctrinated.

If he goes away, likely he is stuck in the cult.

I understand he agrees that all the chronology is BS. What I would like to ask next is - does he agree with their notion that every non-witness on earth will be killed by their god at the battle of Armageddon?

Further, does he still believe that the bible really says that only 144,000 will go to heaven? (which it manifestly does not)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Question: Would you go to prison or would you agree to perform "alternative civilian service"?

I am not sure. I would help sick people if that was an option but I would not help to build bombs.

I really think we need a radical revolution though, not wait around for nation states to make yet more mistakes. Maybe JWs can play some part in that. Instead of being an instrument of American cultural imperialism and global capital, if their efforts and resources could be marshalled in the service of bringing about a new system.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Titus..

Only 21..

That would explain why your a "Pain in the Ass"..

LOL!!..

I vote you "Stay"..

(The dog is at the dentist..He can`t snicker until tomorrow..LOL!!..)...............OUTLAW

• cult classic
    cult classic

Titus - you stay!....STAY... LOL

You're very funny and I enjoy your take on things. We all balance each other around here. No need for anyone to leave.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I said my little bit about BLINDFAITH.... called you a Hyporcrite( in the eyes of the church)

I didn't vote.....

STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe some of us started with the 3 percent of the doubt also.

You have some great posts

• cantleave
    cantleave

Cult Classic said No need for anyone to leave.

I say that's true with one exception - Debator, he / she is an ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit