Question for Titus

by Albert Einstein 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Titus
    Titus

Bert - I would go in prison rather than violate neutrality - even if I wasn't a Jehovah's Witness.

Djordje Balasevic - famous serbian songwriter - did the same during the war against Croatia.

Do I believe that Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true religion on Earth? I do. I do trust them.

But.... that's something between me and Jehovah. I don't want explaining it here.

Yes, tec, I am 21. Young and crazy.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Iam not talking about war. GB forbade me to serve an alternative service in a hospital or at school. My CO told me I must go to prison, because if I go to the hospital to serve alternative service as a nurse or as dishwasher, Jehovah would sentence me to death, I would be DF and shunned for the rest of my life. It was said so by the the Governing Body.

It was a blessing, that Jehovah changed his mind on 31st December of 1995 and made it possible for young JW to serve an alternative service from the 1st January of 1996! This way I was released from police and didnt have to go to prison. Those who were in prison already, were released...

But it took me another 10 years to realize the GB is just a bunch of old farts who would do just anything to keep their power...

JW are going to prison for nothing? Who cares...

JW are dying for nothing? But we have the power and we are governing...!

Yes, it is so Titus.

Albert

• Essan
    Essan

Hi Titus, first of all, I think you should definitely stay. :)

Secondly, I think the point in the previous post about possibly going to prison was that the Society's position on it changed, and had he gone to prison because the Society insisted he couldn't do otherwise, it would have been for something the society NOW says is OK, it would have been for nothing. Just as the many deaths of people who were told vaccines were 'satanic' and wrong, and that organ transplants were wrong, that hemophiliac medicine, all blood, and now just some blood is wrong... all those deaths and all that suffering (including, for instance, the murders and persecutions of JW's in Malawi) were unnecessary because the Society has changed it's view on those things since - despite falsely claiming each time they changed their minds that it was GOD's standard they were proclaiming and that to go against it meant disfellowshipping and death at God's hands.

Often, 'new light', comes only after many thousands have suffered or died UNNECESSARILY because of the man-made 'old light'

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Titus something that has finally hit home to me is the scripture Psalms 146 v 3 'Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal man, who cannot save ' NIV

Only trust in the Lord Jesus said John 14 v 6 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.' NIV

Do not be afraid of men Duet 18 v 22 'If a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message of the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

RosePetal

• yknot
    yknot

Team Tito!

It is easy to discern the foundational premise of authority is BS (as Tito discerns clearly).

Letting go of the only tradition/heritage you have ever known is hard when you are still emotionally attached to the congregation. Familiarity is a very comfortable rut.

Life is a journey and sometimes the longer road has valuable lessons to teach.....

He isn't letting the WTS motivate his choices, he is a young man of many developing opinions (as he should be).

Even when I don't agree, I enjoy watching his development........

He has a remarkable intelligence. I think him taking his time and firmly making his path will make this world a better place.

His world has seen more war/violence than most of us in the US......

• poppers
    poppers

Stay, leave the JWs instead. Would you continue to eat a meal if only 3% of it was BS? Why the need to "find something better?" Who says you need to follow some religious doctrine?

• JRK
    JRK

Titus,

How big do their lies have to be, before it is not "The Truth?"

JK

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

In Moses Day where would you stand in the Eye's of Jah?

In the eye's of Jesus Where would you stand?

You either believe because you are told too..... or you are against Jah's Ways! There is no .... well I feel.....

You are WRONG IN GOD'S EYE'S AND you know it.

Welcome To Satan's Domain............. once in there is no ESCAPE!

HYPORCRITE!!!!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Titus, It shouldn't be up for a vote if you stay or go. Do what is right for you. Make the call and decide. Take responsibility and live with it. Its called Christian freedom.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'm not going to vote on whether you should stay or go. That should be your decision but I hope you'll hang around for a while.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit