Swimming Lessons Are Definitely On My To-Do List

by snowbird 123 Replies latest social physical

• snowbird
    snowbird

It's not just Hurricane Katrina, but all others.

Fascinating, huh?

Syl

• TD
    TD
    Yeah, well, unfortunately, dear TD (peace to you!), not everyone felt that way back then, so that not everyone feels that way, now.

Thank you Shelby

I knew the history you mentioned, but didn't realize its lasting impact

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Sylvie and TD, the greatest of love and peace to you both!

Dear Mkr... peace to you, but your second comment (er, speculation) didn't really redeem you from your first. It was uncalled for, really. And just so's ya know, although I know some would be reluctant to admit it, saggy pants started with white frat boys. As do most fads. Other youth just tend to take it to the next extreme. Which is what youth, who, as a group are usually pretty stupid, do.

But, I get your point: I just shake my head when I see cop videos of criminals trying to run while wearing saggy pants. Stoo-pid... and sad.

Again, peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA, who admits she actually does suffer from "hydrophobia" as it relates to the open sea (LOLOL! Ms. Sylvie!) but so long as she can see coastline, she's cool, 'cause she' knows she'll make it to shore! (LOLOL! Ms. Sylvie! -). And, yes, cruises are pretty much out (been there, done that), NOT because of the open water... but because of the creaky squeak "boat"... and her claustrophobia in the cabins...

• snowbird
    snowbird

for Shelby.

Syl

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Wow! Amazing. I learned a lot about this, never saw it that deeply. Thanks.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Wow! Amazing. I learned a lot about this, never saw it that deeply. Thanks.

Proverbs 4:7 Above all and before all, do this: Get Wisdom!
    Write this at the top of your list: Get Understanding! Throw your arms around her—believe me, you won't regret it; MSG

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Actually no, the baggy pants started in prisons as a way for the 'bottoms' to advertise that their butts were up for grabs as it were that is why the prisons stopped it and put a bunch of restrictions in place. I was in corrections training back when this started and we saw it first person.

My pants comment however wasn't really intended to be a 'racist' remark (ok well maybe a little) I was just thinking about being in water over my head with huge pants down around my legs like that and two or three layers of clothes that don't fit on under those. I swim well and that is a nightmare for me!

Instead of just spouting of your bullshit imagine being in 20' deep water with oversized pants on? You would die if you couldn't get out of them. Now you can say they didn't have on the big pants. However it would be a stupid thing to say as we all know they did....

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

mkr32208:

Corrections officer training. It figures, with your racist/bigoted posts in this thread and others, that you were one of that group, fulfilling their stereotypes.

Done. Don't respond to me, as I won't respond back. You should have been banned a while ago.

• snowbird
  • AGuest
    AGuest
    Actually no, the baggy pants started in prisons as a way for the 'bottoms' to advertise that their butts were up for grabs as it were that is why the prisons stopped it and put a bunch of restrictions in place. I was in corrections training back when this started and we saw it first person.

Your corrections training aside, dear mkr (again, peace to you!), unfortunately you are in error. While I have no doubt that some in prison wished to "advertise" their "wares", the practice among young men on the streets started in the frat houses, with bermuda shorts and swim trunks... usually covered with untucked Polo/Izod-type shirts. The "baggy" trend we see on the streets today did start in prisons, however, and arose from cons (usually gang members) wishing to hide shivs, etc., in their clothing and/or thinner cons wishing to appear larger than their not-yet-worked-out-in-the-yard bodies actually were. For obvious reasons.

My pants comment however wasn't really intended to be a 'racist' remark (ok well maybe a little)

A little? Oh, come on, why not tell the WHOLE truth: it was absolutely intended to be racist, but you have no problem with that and can't see why anyone else would, either. Actually, though, I need to thank you for this admission... for "coming out" as it were. Because there are some in the world, in this country, indeed right here on this board, that believe folks like you (i.e., those who have really DO have racist intent, as your admission acknowledges) no longer exist. But here you are, aren't you, big and bold as... well, you most probably know the next word, but since there are some classy ladies (not counting myself,of course) among us... I won't say it.

I was just thinking about being in water over my head with huge pants down around my legs like that and two or three layers of clothes that don't fit on under those.

Yes, and you immediately thought that because, well, of course, black kids don't wear anything but. Right? Even to the river/pool/pond/beach... water hole...

I swim well and that is a nightmare for me! Instead of just spouting of your bullshit imagine being in 20' deep water with oversized pants on? You would die if you couldn't get out of them.

Given that (1) you have absolutely NO idea what these young folk had on; (2) not all black youth wear their clothing such; and (3) when worn, it's usually by male youth; (4) although sometimes worn by females not usually when it's hot and/or to the beach (usually, they were a WHOLE lot less); but (5) at least three females DID die also... methinks your "explanation" for your true intentions is full of... well, there's that word that I won't say, again. But you know what I mean.

Now you can say they didn't have on the big pants.

I just did.

However it would be a stupid thing to say as we all know they did....

Tell you what. I'm black. Why not let's say I have on a pair right now... that they're hanging down quite low... and that you can... well, I trust you can finish that one on your own, too.

[Sorry, dear ones - I have readily confessed that I am just as human as the next person, indeed, a sinner... and I get "wrathful" on occasion, too. If my manner of responding to dear mkr offend you I ask your forgiveness. But I could not let it simply pass. Well, I could have... but I didn't. If you believe me now destined for hell, then all I can ask is that you pray for me, that my journey is swift, and the fire fast-consuming. Otherwise, I will ask you to overlook my... ummmm... love for and loyalty to my people in this matter.]

I bid you all peace (even you, dear mkr, even more than the others. Because you're gonna need it most, come hell... or highwater for you),

A[n imperfect] slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit