Swimming Lessons Are Definitely On My To-Do List

by snowbird 123 Replies latest social physical

• AGuest
    AGuest

Aw, jeez, girl, Miss Josie (peace to you!)... now you've done it! You done gone and let the cat outta the bag. Okay, okay, I confess: we don't swim because we're afraid to get our hair wet. Girl, you had'ta go there, eh? LOLOLOLOLOL!

SA, a HUGE fan of Sir Nose... who not only swam during her afro days but during her Jheri Curl days (but, okay, not as frequently, true)... and relaxer days (close to 10 years ago and she just wore a swimming cap)... on her own...

• ziddina
    ziddina

uh, does the chlorine turn your hair green???

Or is that just for peroxide blondes???

Zid

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

a guest,

I don't think you understood what I was saying. I was remembering 50 yrs ago & comparing racism in the north & how I perceived it to be different than the south neither is ok. The reason for the story was the difference the southern boys yelled out racist remarks the northern girls became afraid due to fear. both were products of their lives.

I will never fully understand the black experience just as someone who was never a jw will ever really understand that experience or one raised in it as opposed to those who came in as adults. We all have our lives as they are and hopefully we learn to understand each other and give each other a little breathing room. We try to do the best we can even with all our personal issues.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    the southern boys yelled out racist remarks the northern girls became afraid due to fear.

Ahh, yes, I DID misunderstand you, dear Nancy (peace to you!) and profusely apologize for doing so. This clarification makes the account make sense. Again, my apologies and THANK you for clarifying as well as comparing the experience to that of being a JW. As dear Sylvie wrote, "unless you walk a mile in someone else's moccasins"... or something like that - !

Peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit