Definitely getting DF'ed now

by notverylikely 150 Replies latest jw friends

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Jamie, I was joking about all of that. I am just going to ge a place, buy some furiniture. Go to work, take care of my kids, make sure we have fun together and set a good example for them. i don't think i am going to get a tattoo, although i might get a small one.

• wasblind
    wasblind

"make sure we have fun together and set a good example for them."

Yep, i do believe that's a way to draw your children out of that organization

when they get old enough to choose

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I am just going to ge a place, buy some furiniture. Go to work, take care of my kids, make sure we have fun together and set a good example for them.

Then you're "set", dear one! Like I stated, some go off the deep end. Nice to know you're not planning to be one of them (and, of course, I knew you were joking - I was, too - )

Peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Hadit
    Hadit

All the best to you NVL. As hard as it may be now, the relief of being yourself will win over. Your children will be the better for it. They will have a healthy father who is REAL and has unconditional love for them. Enjoy your life! All the best.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Jamie, I was joking about all of that. I am just going to ge a place, buy some furiniture. Go to work, take care of my kids, make sure we have fun together and set a good example for them. i don't think i am going to get a tattoo, although i might get a small one.

I was joking too. It sounds like you have a very good beginning planned dor you and your kids. With you being free of the cult, they have a much better chance at a normal life and a good future.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Holy shit, i can get a tattoo now!

and get a weird hair cut like me...

cheers

oz

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Have you given any thought to joint custody? That way you will have equal say in decisions relating to your child's upbringing, including religious teaching.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

We told them today. Man that was tough. I took them with me for the evening and we ate dinner and talked and cried and talk and hugged it out. They are still sad dad won't be there but now they are thinking of all the fun we are going to have together. They were sad again when I left when i took them back home, but I really really believe it will all be ok. They did the crying bit about how I am going to die forever at armageddon, my older son is really concerned about me going to meetings, but that had already started to fade by the end of the night and he was looking forward to having two homes and having fun with me.....

Tuesday they are coming back over to spend the night and i get them again at the weekend. The hounders left me a voice mail today inviting me for a "chat" to "go over a few things" at the KH at 5:30 on Tuesday. Sorry, thats the day I get my kids. Fuck off, you'll get your letter.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Why send them a letter, that just gives them satisfaction. I think you should mess with them a little and tell them sorry, I have my kids at that time, and then just keep being busy when they try to reschedule. Make a game of it. See how long it will take them to give up and let you fade. For this to work, you must be polite and act like you are fine with talking to them, you are just so terrible overwhelmed right now.

Adultery is not an automatic df. My husband had an affair and was only reproved. He just acted repentant and lied and said he wanted to work it out but I was not willing. You could do the same. It would make it easier on the kids. That's the only reason I'm suggesting it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Strength to you NVL. Be a good dad, number one priority. As the kids get older, they will think less and less about imminent Armageddon destroying Dad. No matter what they go through, their chances of normalcy have increased tenfold. Good for you. Just keep your drunken orgies to yourself and they should be fine. But show them a tattoo if you get it. They might think Dad is still cool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit