Who really is Michael the Archangel?

by theMadJW 309 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Why is it so important to the Jehovah's Witnesses for Jesus to be Michael the Archangel? Not sure I ever understood that. Carry on.

The first time I heard it, my instant reaction was that it was just to have a replacement for the trinity. If you believe Jesus is Michael, you're not going to fall 'prey' as easily to Jesus is God.

Tammy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Why is it so important to the Jehovah's Witnesses for Jesus to be Michael the Archangel? Not sure I ever understood that. Carry on.

A very good question, I guess it's because if Jesus is not Mike, who is he?

Of course the biblical answer is Jesus is the Son of God, period.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Exactly, it is to positively identify Jesus as someone.

• Chalam
    Chalam

passwordprotected Why is it so important to the Jehovah's Witnesses for Jesus to be Michael the Archangel? Not sure I ever understood that. Carry on.

Good to see you around Mark, hope you are doing well :)

This doctrine is core to the WT because it demotes Jesus to "a god" and a created being rather than THE Creator He is.

Blessings,

Stephen

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Wow. 15 pages spent debating the true identity of Michael the archangel. You'd think he were actually real.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

What I don't get is WHY, in this regard, we need to go beyond the bible when it clearly states:

Jesus is the son of God, the ONLY begotten Son and all of creation was created through Him

Michael is one of the archangels, the chief angel of the Hebrews.

Why do we need to go beyond this, is this NOT enough? is what is plainly stated in scripture not enough?

• designs
    designs

What would 'Sally Go Round The Roses' (theology) be without differences

• Merkaba
    Merkaba

Jesus is an alien.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Think About It has now referred to me as an "idiot" on at least three different threads. I am beginning to think it's something personal. lol.

Have I done something to offend or upset you Think About It?

If so, please let me know.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome Merkaba!

Jesus is an alien.

Indeed, so am I :)

Philippians 3:20 (New International Version)

20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit