Who really is Michael the Archangel?

by theMadJW 309 Replies latest jw friends

• Hadit
    Hadit

However, Jesus DID set up the Apostles to carry on after he left; they represented Christ- and THEY made misatkes and had their own faults- like Peter pretending he was under the Mosaic Law- until exposed by Paul...

Yes! They represented CHRIST! They always directed people to Christ. They did not direct them to themselves! Yes, they made mistakes that is why we don't follow any man! The WTS directs people to THEM! People have to believe their version of truth. Instead they should be directing people to Christ as the Way and the Truth and the Life. They promote themselves as the truth - in reality they are committing idolatry! Jesus did not come to start an earthly organization! He came to lead people to HIM and him alone.

Isaacaustin: on both accounts!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Issac- who else even knows what the Kingdom IS- much less the good news ABOUT it?

Hadit- WE direct people to Christ, and to his God & Father- the One HE directed people to.

• Essan
    Essan

WE direct people to Christ, and to his God & Father- the One HE directed people to.

LOL. Really. LOL. Everyone knows we lead them to the Organization and into total subjection to a dozen or so old men in Brooklyn.

How can we be 'directing people to Christ' when we tell them he's not actually their mediator so they are not really full Christians and they only have hope of life as the associated "belongings" - the 'carry on baggage' - of the Almighty Anointed "Faithful and Discreet Slave" ( smallprint. as represented by the 'Governing Body' and it's publishing company the Watchtower Bible and Track Society of New York. Caution, contains nuts ).

We don't 'direct' anyone to Christ, we say "nope sorry, Christ is not for you. No 'spirit of Christ' for you. You're a "belonging" of the FDS whose duty is to obey these men as you would God, or leave, and die."

This, obviously, is not the "good news" Jesus instructed be preached or that 1st C. Christians preached. it's "another gospel", for which the penalty is to be "accursed". Galatians 1:6-9.

In doing this, in insisting on this "other gospel", we have literally become exactly like the Pharisees whom Jesus condemned: "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to....You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned?" Matt 23:13, 33.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Great post Essan!

I think that needs printing out and framing :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Mad,

Let me help you with your difficulties. Do you believe that Jesus was the archangel in heaven, the chief of the angels? Do you believe that this same archangel came down from heaven to earth? How did this archangel become man, if he did not add unto himself what he did not have before, namely humanity? Or, do you believe he was already a man in heaven? It is this humanity which was a limitation to the one who came down from heaven. Was it necessary for him to eat, drink, sleep, etc. while he was in heaven? He did not have these limitations before, or do you believe he did?

The resurrected Jesus was seen at one time by 500 brothers. 1 Cor. 15:4-8

"To these also by many positive proofs he showed himself alive after he had suffered, BEING SEEN BY THEM THROUGHOUT FORTY DAYS..." Act 1:3

It was the same one whom they SAW lifted up. Apparently Jesus went away SEEN, until the cloud hid him from their sight. Verse 9 Why do you claim that it is a different Jesus who is now in heaven? What continuity is there with the Jesus who was SEEN, with the Jesus who is in heaven?

• tec
    tec

Mad: It DOESN'T to anyone believing the Trinity Farce, but is VERY clear to those who know better!

Keep in mind that believeing Jesus is one of three Halloween Gods (Nameless Father God, Nameless Ghost God, and the Zombie Jesus God) is the ONLY block to anyone understanding the connection! He comes SPEAKING as Archangel! He is ALWAYS foretold to LEAD the angels- and is one HIMSELF since he is NOT the Almighty he serves, and who has GIVEN him all authority & power.

Hate to ruin your black and white thinking, but... Wrong.

I neither embrace nor deny either of them. There is 'evidence' for and against both, though much less for the archangel than for Jesus is God. As far as I'm concerned, both go beyond what is written. That's okay. We interpret things beyond what is written 'in black and white' all the time. But should we be arguing about them? Without 100% proof either way? Tammy
  • Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I was cleaning out my place the other day. Found a NWT that I tossed but before I did I read John 1:1. It made no sense in the NWT. The word was "a god" I thought the Ten Commandments uhhh specifically # 1-2 rulled out "gods". The belief that Michael is Jesus which is also the word is obviously a weak attempt to push it all together in JW doctrine. It's wrong.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Amen Cagefighter!

Here's another verse that makes no sense using the WT theology.

Isaiah 43:10 (English Standard Version)

10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD,
    "and my servant whom I have chosen,
    that you may know and believe me
    and understand that I am he.
    Before me no god was formed,
    nor shall there be any after me.

Hang on, the WT claim Jesus is "a god" and was made by "Jehovah God"?!

Blessings,

Stephen

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Why is it so important to the Jehovah's Witnesses for Jesus to be Michael the Archangel? Not sure I ever understood that. Carry on.

• designs
    designs

password-

We were taught a hybrid idea between Arius, Homoiusianism and Unitarian views about Jesus. Now it doesn't matter or than academia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit