Who really is Michael the Archangel?

by theMadJW 309 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

He has quoted from one of your own books and and you dismiss.

Of course, it must be "old light" from "imperfect men"

Even the WT dismiss their old publications

I vote theMadJW for GB!

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

And then there are all of those heavy weight Fundamentalist, Evangelical, Protestant theologians who disagree with Stephen, but that's the way it gooes in Religio Land

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

And then there are all of those heavy weight Fundamentalist, Evangelical, Protestant theologians who disagree with Stephen, but that's the way it gooes in Religio Land

Disagreement is NOT a bad thing you know, at least outside the "land of dictators".

Disagreement on views and beliefs is a healthy sign that we are all "testing" what we are being told/taught, it is when we take things and NOT test them that there is a problem.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I guess that unity within Watchtower-land is more preferable.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Stephen and I do not agree on all things, I am not a Trinitarian for example, though I do believe Jesus to be God in the sense of Nature and union, just as I beleive the HS to be God,yet I have no issue in his belief system nor woudl I ever say it is worng or incorrect, we can agree to disagree because we allow for our similaritites to "outshine" the differences and neither is trying to convert the other.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I've noticed that designs doesn't want to talk about what they do agree on, he thinks he'll be able to plead ignorance if he's wrong.

• designs
    designs

Dog-

I'll jump in on most discussions and debates............have you ever known me to be shy

But look at the obvious, pointed out by Terry and others, the lack of consensus and the vast interpretations even among so-called Trinitarians (and even about the Trinity itself) shows its just people and their imaginations at work, nothing more.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    But look at the obvious, pointed out by Terry and others, the lack of consensus and the vast interpretations even among so-called Trinitarians (and even about the Trinity itself) shows its just people and their imaginations at work, nothing more.

Well, not being one I can say that I don't see it that way, I see their points and how the doctrine came to be, even if I don't agree with it.

I think you are being a bit closed minded on this, sorry to say.

It is true that, sm,etimes, people get to focused on the man-made doctrines that go beyond what is stated in the bible, but that is because man's vaery nature is to argue what they don't agree on as opposed to focusing on what they do.

• Hadit
    Hadit

Hey MadJW - if you are going to mock someone make sure it's the right person! I'm not Kenneson! Poor Kenneson taking the heat for some of my zombie comments! The quotes about Jesus were from THE BIBLE. The bible says he was flesh and bone and that the mediator is the man Jesus Christ. Those are NOT my words! If you want to let a publishing corporation interpret what the bible says when it says that then by all means go ahead. I'm not interpreting anything I'm just quoting from it. As for who or what is in heaven - you can tell me FOR SURE once you go there and see for yourself. How do you know it's not a bunch of zombies? Have you been there? What do any of us really know FOR SURE about it? God is an infinite being and our minds are finite - there is only so much we can comprehend or know with ABSOLUTE 100% accuracy. The rest is OUR own reality and belief system. Oh but wait a minute . . . the dead members of the anointed communicate from heaven to the GB now so maybe you can ask them what it's like in heaven. Then you can look up the term necromancy and see how that fits into the picture too.

One thing you and all other active JWs seem to forget: All of us who no longer believe the WTS interpretation of the Bible KNOW the teachings we came from! You are trying to convince us BACK into where we came from! We now see that where we came from is WRONG - why would we want to back to it? The WT loves the scripture: Ones who leave are like a dog that returns to his vomit. I'll turn it around, why would we want to return to someone else's vomit? We all have brains so we should use them despite what they say about independent thinking. If you want to rely on others to interpret your truths for you - you have that right. Let them keep your brain and fill it with whatever they want. Most of us here would rather think for ourselves.

Michelle: Thanks for you words! I had to smile cuz my entire post was really writing from the WTS perspective. When you read it you see the ridiculousness of how they MIS-interpret the Bible. They always point out how without them we would never understand what the Bible says. My point is that it is true - if you read the Bible on your own and use your OWN brain - you certainly would never come up with the mishmash they feed others. Maybe my post wasn't clear but I sure had fun writing it! All the best!

• Chalam
    Chalam

PSacramento Stephen and I do not agree on all things, I am not a Trinitarian for example, though I do believe Jesus to be God in the sense of Nature and union, just as I beleive the HS to be God,yet I have no issue in his belief system nor woudl I ever say it is worng or incorrect, we can agree to disagree because we allow for our similaritites to "outshine" the differences and neither is trying to convert the other.

Amen brother!

The Winstons - Amen Brother

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit