what was the worst advice given to you while you were a JW ?

by wasblind 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• elderelite
    elderelite

leave the gun, take the cannoli. Oh wait, that was the BEST advise.. the worst:

"view bethel entrace school as your form of higher education". True quote. Dumass advise.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Any child that might be molested by the pedophiles in my hall will be fixed in the new system so I need not worry about the children. Also do not warn any parents abut the child molesters as the elders will watch the children.

And for those of you who say to go ahead and warn the parents anyway, I did and I was turned in to the elders by the parents I warned and told I could be DF'ed for causing divisions. The parents went with the elders.

LITS

• minimus
    minimus

The worst: ignore what you know about "The Truth" and "wait on Jehovah".

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

"Let's get baptised"

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The worst advice. . . that's a tough question. The "no higher education" rule was never directed to me personally by an elder or anyone on a one-on-one basis, though it is one of the most damaging and I have yet to recover from it. The worst advice given directly to me by a pair of elders was this: trust every decision we the body of elders makes because our decisions are the direct will of Jesus Christ himself (misapplying Revelation 1:16).

This advice turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. I knew all my life that certain stupid and/or bad guys slipped through the system and became elders. This statement from a couple of the "good" ones pushed the credibility gap WAY too far and from that day on I KNEW the entire thing was corrupt. I no longer had any reservations about research from non-WT sources; it was the beginning of the end and the start of the new beginning.

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

Told not to me, but to an entire recent assembly audience......"If you can't get time off from work to make the Friday session of an assembly, quit your job so that you can attend that day." This advice, in this economy, with this much unemployment.

HQ

• elderelite
    elderelite

hiding,

I heard the same advise. its very common. and very foolish.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

will these foolish assholes take responsibily for your failure?

will they pay your bills?

will they find you a new mate?

will they keep you safe?

jesus said "my load is light"

these guys don't follow jesus, they follow WTS, and their own god!

• wasblind
    wasblind

LITS,

"Any child that might be molested by the pedophiles in my hall will be fixed in the new system so I need not worry about the children

that is the sickest advice i have ever heard in my life. I could just "HUG" you for continuing to stick up for children, I know it ain't easy,

i know that they will try and cast you in a bad light, but the truth is in your heart and we know God can read your heart.

• sspo
    sspo

It's been said before but the generic counsel for everything is

Trust in Jehovah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit