what was the worst advice given to you while you were a JW ?

by wasblind 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• wasblind
    wasblind

mine's was, if your job interfere with the meetings you have to decide who you will choose,

serving Jehovah or serving man, If anyone knew my needs it most definitely was Jehovah

and he knew i needed my job to eat. Then this sister pulled up the scripture about God providing

for the birds and clothing the lillies of the fields. I ain't no damn bird, i can't be flyin' from pillar to post

and what he clothe the lillies of the fields with sure won't cover my big ass. I'm not saying i don't have

any faith in God, i'm just sayin' he provided for me when he gave me good sense to make sound

decisions.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I think I can agree with what you are saying. Worst advice I've ever been given is to quit my job to go to MTS.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

"Don;t go to University, you are only going to be wasting your time. Pioneer and do a humble job instead, like window cleaning. "

• peacedog
    peacedog

Paulapollos, I was about to say the same thing. "Who needs university? Do window cleaning until The End.™"

Thank god I didn't listen...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Don't let your babies receive exchange transfusions. Especially is this so in the case of my son.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Next would be to "marry only in the lord." Boy did that backfire on me and to think of the good guys I turned down.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

PEacedog,

sadly I did, and learnt that all the "commendation" from the brothers in the world does not make washing windows a fulfilling career choice!

Education - the enemy of the WT!

PP

• sabastious
    sabastious

Shun my little brother when he got df'ed for out of wedlock sex and drugs... it was his way of dealing with the massive abuse that we had growing up. Right when he got out of the house he got into some bad stuff...

I refuse to shut someone in a dark room that is crying out for help.

Now he's off the hard stuff and in a slow recovery (I hope) but I know I can say that I gave my best effort to help.

-Sab

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

to stay in it

• asilentone
    asilentone

do not play sports in high school. oh wait a minute, it is not advice, it is a command from my parents and the org()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit