what was the worst advice given to you while you were a JW ?

by wasblind 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I was told by elder not to marry my wife, for she was damaged goods (divorced).

I had many worldly girls that I snuck dates with, but there were no others in the truth................ so, if I listened to him, I would be still single

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

My mom, was told not to go to a family person's wedding in the catholic church.

that family member never forgave us

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

a asshat witness elder told me to quit my job, so I could do more service and meetings. he promised to give me a job.

found out this elder treated his workers like slaves and he owed close to $100k to goverment in taxes

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I could go on all night

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Advice from the WT about oral sex... Ummmmm I like giving her oral sex and she likes getting it... It works out good the other way around too. I see nothing wrong with it.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Just one more way to intrude in our lives...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The hounders told me to just meet men at the a$$emblies. That, after one of the pretexts of my becoming a witless was that they would help me with the opposite sex. And now they wonder why I don't go at all.

True, even men in the world get around to protect the opposite sex from me. But at least I am not rewarding them by going to their a$$emblies and doing field circus, or spreading their cancer worldwide via the Value Destroyer Training School.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The hounders told me to just meet men at the a$$emblies. That, after one of the pretexts of my becoming a witless was that they would help me with the opposite sex. And now they wonder why I don't go at all.

True, even men in the world get around to protect the opposite sex from me. But at least I am not rewarding them by going to their a$$emblies and doing field circus, or spreading their cancer worldwide via the Value Destroyer Training School.

• robson
    robson

The worst, in reality there are many as mentioned before in this forum. So what the brothers at the have said to me is

while you are young dedicate yourself completely to field service.

Now that you are at school quit it and never think about going back.

marry a sister even though you don't like her things will change once you get marry.

Don't drive without a driver's license.

Well, I forgot to say that they were pressuring me so i could do their wishes then I analyzed their lives and those brothers are far off from reality they don't really care about me they just did it to comfort with the system, and I did the same thing later I told them what they wanted to hear and it has been ever since.

Is anightmare to actually have to listen to all of what they say cause they are sheperding the flock with god's direction but in my case they are opened up so I can now see who they really are and I don't pay attention like I used to.

• Hadit
    Hadit

Don't go to college, don't invest in property, marry only in the lord - JW lord that is. UGH . . . I have days of intense bitterness!!!

robson: Welcome to JWN! Glad to see another person waking up .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit