WT Article that talks about babies being killed at armageddon....

by Tuesday 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Here is the offending picture.

bloodthirsty baby killer jehovah

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Well if it takes 336 years, that would only a couple more Overlapping Generations

• ballistic
    ballistic

yeah, waht jwfacts said.

LOL I remember the offending picture.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Debator,

What about the 4 million+ a year abortions we do as a people? babies that do not even get a chance at life? Or the 1000's of children in africa dying of Aids before they become adults? not even getting life-prolonging drugs that developed countries get for their Aids victims.

What about them Debator?

According to your church's doctrine, if they die now they get a resurrection, but the 7 billion people that survive them will be murdered by Watchtower killer God, with no chance of a resurrection, and you and all your Jehovah's Witness mates will be celebrating their deaths and praising your killer god for murdering them so that you can move in to their nice houses that they earned through hard work while you were out banging on doors selling magazines.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

couldn't put it better Black Sheep,their blood thirsty angry Hebrew god of the O/T whose origin as a pre Babylonian demon must really be exiting for them leading their pathetic pointless lives annoying normal people

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

When I was a JW kid, whose parents were too poor to by me a bike, I used to look at that picture of the kid and the bike falling into the crevice and I would think why did the bike have to be destroyed too? Couldn't Jehovah have spared it for good little JW kids like me who didn't have a bike to use in the Paradise? Mercenary little shit wasn't I?

• Mary
    Mary
    I used to look at that picture of the kid and the bike falling into the crevice and I would think why did the bike have to be destroyed too?

Because that bicycle was not officially endorsed by the WTS and was probably made at Satan's Head Office with the help of several Ouija Boards. It was deeeemunized and therefore, Jehover had no choice but to destroy it. Just like the doggie falling right behind it. Don't you know anything?

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

To think I use to defend this action when was in is sickening. Anyone who can kill a baby in good conscience is a monster regardless of what their parents did.

They use to do it when people were accused of being werewolves or witches etc. They use to kill their children as well because they believed they passed on the evil to them.

The WTS condemns cultures that would sacrifice babies and children, yet idolise their god who plans to do a lot worse.

Can you say HYPORCITES!!!!

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

So Jehovah is preparing to kill babies, indiscriminately. I wonder if He is planning on eating them, too--or if He is just going to kill them for the sole pleasure of killing babies for no reason.

What's with all this baby killing talk? You don't think we're killing more babies through abortion than God will allowed to be killed in Armegeddon? First, the Beast is the one who will do the killing at Armegeddon, and whatever babies are killed will be killed when Gog attempts to sack Jerusalem.

But the Lord speaks to Gog through the centuries and addresses him as though he were alive and present:

Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee. Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought: And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates, to take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land. Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? Hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

Gog will come out of the "north parts" (many people believe it will be the Russians). This isn't something that's already happened, but it is something that many of the prophets talked about:

Thus saith the Lord GOD; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them? And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face.

This is the great battle of Armegeddon, which has been foretold through generations. Yet the Lord says:

And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother. And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD. (Ezekiel 38)

The Lord will do these things through the two prophets foretold in Revelation 11:6:

These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

So the Lord will strike at Gog through these two prophets, or witnesses. Yet after they have finished their testimonies, the Lord will suffer them to be killed by the Beast:

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. (Revelation 11)

Now some have tried to say this is a spiritual fulfillment, but read carefully. Jerusalem is 1) "spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt" because of its wickednes; and 2) it is "where also our Lord was crucified." The spiritual parts are already stated, yet the Jehovah's Witnesses try to convolute it by stating that "the Dragon" (Satan) is battling not Jerusalem, but the "faithful and discreet slave." But, as I've pointed out elsewhere, Zechariah speaks also of this same great battle when he writes that "they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem."

Although the Lord will vigorously defend Jerusalem, this is where the killing of babies will be permitted. The Lord states:

And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

So a large part of Jerusalem will fall. John states that during the earthquake, a tenth part of the city falls:

And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Gog stops his assault on Jerusalem after he kills the two prophets, and he delays his siege for celebration:

[All] nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. (Revelation 11)

This is when the Second Coming of Christ will occur, and the Jehovah's Witnesses, with all this prophetic scripture staring them in the face, completely blow it! If you go to their website and type in "Armegeddon," you won't get any of this! If you go to any of the overseers, elders and so forth, and ask them if this does not have reference to Armegeddon, what does it have reference to? I know a preterist (someone who believes that all biblical prophecies were fulfilled by 76 A.D.) that I've put these questions to for well over a year -- and he still has been unable to tell me when these things were fulfilled. In his theology, nothing is as it seems. Jerusalem = the church; Judah (the Jews) = the Christians, or modern people of God. It's so convoluted that I'm thrilled that he can understand it. But I've asked him to show me an Old Testament prophecy that was anything but literal. When God says "Babylon" to Daniel, he means Babylon. When He says "Jerusalem," He means Jerusalem. When He says "Cyrus," he means Cyrus. In cases where dreams of beasts are concerned, they all translate into real nations that exist or are to come.

In war there are casualties. Even infants. God will not stop men from carrying out their cruel acts and some casualties will occur because of plagues and starvation. But when Jehovah (Christ) returns, He will destroy the wicked, but not the righteous, and that includes infants. The JW view of Armegeddon is completely unscriptural. And when Jehovah says they shall look upon "ME" whom they "have pierced," that's a big clue of his identity.

I've thrown these scriptures out a number of times hoping a JW would show me where I'm wrong about Armegeddon. There's a reason the Macabbees thought they could kick out the Greeks, and the Zealots could kick out the Romans. They were familiar with these prophecies and knew that God would appear and save Jerusalem from destruction. They just erred on when it would happen and who the Messiah would be. They also erred in not picking up that the Lord would gather them "a second time" (Isa. 11:11), something that needed to happen first.

If the Witnesses could be so wrong about prophecy, how could they be God's "faithful and discreet slave"? This is a major mistep in my view, not being able to interpret prophecies. Their view of "Armegeddon" is so vastly different from everyone else's. (To see the complexity in interpreting scripture, do a Google search on "Armageddon" and "Gog." After you've done some reading, look at the JW interpretation. It willl seem quite silly. Some believe Gog and the Beast to be the same; others believe they're different. But the WBTS seems to miss the entire boat.

Armageddon is not God killing babies. It's about war and casualties. No infants will burn when Christ returns.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Bloody hell - what a sick thing religion is, especially the JW cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit