WT Article that talks about babies being killed at armageddon....

by Tuesday 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

Death, destruction, doom and gloom. No wonder they need meds to get them through the day

• undercover
    undercover

Blondie... All I see is a red X... not sure if it's on your end or mine. Crazy work network blocks a lot of stuff...

Thanks for trying anyway...

• sabastious
    sabastious
    his reply was that since Jehovah created all things it was his right to do whatever he chooses to do.

By that logic God could be evil and his acts would be 100% justified. Sooo how do we know he's not evil? I'm my book, and yours, killing babies is evil. So shouldn't God do something about this infanticide to help show us that he's better than some of the most sinister humans in our history?

-Sab

• blondie
  • Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Isn't there an illustration in one of the publications of the rising flood waters, a rock sticking up out of the water, ark in the background safely floating away... on the rock were people trying to climb to safety...and for some reason I remember a woman clutching a baby as the waters rise...

@ Undercover :

It's the old bible story book. It's a very shocking illustration for children. I remember my little girl asking if the baby is gonna die. I don't know what I answered. But children are so innocent/logical. When you have children, you start seeing many things differently.

Desi

• blondie
    blondie

Desi, that's what I said too above....I wonder how many jws noticed it; I still remember the crevasse in the Paradise book.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

It'll happen just like any other extermination of evil events that the Bible recounts. Now is the time for all, in case of minors, then it's up to their parents or guardians to make the right choice while there's still time.

Jehovah is a God of perfect justice; he hasn't changed. Whatever happens in armageddon, who ever is killed, will be plenty just as the executor of this can read the heart and see into circumstances that we cannot comprehend. Of this I'm sure, even if it implicates me for lack of faith.

So, you all trust in God and stop this silly obsessing over stuff one cannot control whatsoever.

DY

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Doubtfully Yours -- We haven't met. Hello. May I ask a question? Do you believe 'Armageddon' will happen during your lifetime?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

"What will happen to young children at Armageddon? The Bible does not directly answer that question, and we are not the judges. However, the Bible does show that God views the young children of true Christians as "holy." (1 Cor. 7:14) It also reveals that in times past when God destroyed the wicked he likewise destroyed their little ones." Reasoning from the Scriptures pp.47-48

"Children are affected by the course of their parents, and parents are warned that their iniquity is visited on their offspring unto the third and fourth generation. (Ex. 20:5, 6) Parents are commanded to instruct their children in God's way, and if in these last days parents refuse to heed the divine instruction and warning they bring destruction upon themselves and their small children at Armageddon. (Deut. 6:6, 7; Eph. 6:4) According to justice God can leave such children dead, for, as Ezekiel showed, all die in their iniquity."Watchtower 1950 Nov 15 p.463 Questions From Readers

"By all the evidences this system of things is hastening to its final confrontation with the God of justice at Armageddon. Parents and children who fail to gain the "mark on their foreheads," that is, an adequate appreciation of God's moral standard, are sure to suffer. Parents will be held accountable for their children, and children will suffer for the failure of their parents." Watchtower 1968 Feb 1 pp.83-84
  • transhuman68
    transhuman68

When I was very young these ideas used to scare me. Now they just seem to be the products of sick minds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit