WT Article that talks about babies being killed at armageddon....

by Tuesday 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Has anyone figured this: the rate of population growth (babies being born) on earth is larger than those entering the organisation, so any hint of "the door of the ark being held open for the remaining ones" equates to more babies being killed at armageddon.

That is wrong, Jehovah's Witnesses are growing faster than world population.

Annual world population growth is estimated to be 1.1%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_growth

JW growth last year was 3.2%.

• undercover
    undercover
    Jehovah's Witnesses are growing faster than world population.
    Annual world population growth is estimated to be 1.1%.
    JW growth last year was 3.2%.

I'm lazy... can someone calculate how long for JWs to take over the world at the current growth rate?

I mean, if JWs are growing faster, then why have an Armageddon at all? Let normal attrition take care of the wicked and eventually JWs will win out as they slowly, but methodically take over the population...

• Mary
    Mary
    I'm lazy... can someone calculate how long for JWs to take over the world at the current growth rate?

I'm guessing a time, times and half a time.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

• ballistic
    ballistic

"That is wrong, Jehovah's Witnesses are growing faster than world population"

Sorry but you are wrong. 1.1% of nearly 7 billion is more than 3.2% of how ever many witnesses there are, so it stands that every single day delay in Armaggedon, more babies will be killed than saved which is what I said.

Heres the difference in the figures:

• undercover
    undercover
    I'm guessing a time, times and half a time.

You were guessing... it has to be more.

More like seven times which equals 2520 years...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Sorry but you are wrong. 1.1% of nearly 7 billion is more than 3.2% of how ever many witnesses there are, so it stands that every single day delay in Armaggedon, more babies will be killed than saved which is what I said.

Nope.

I asked that question on another forum, will report if I get an answer.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Okay I am told at those rates of growth it will take 336 years (2346 AD) until everyone in the world is a Jehovah's Witness.

• undercover
    undercover

Well, that's not too bad...

Why go through all that destruction and death at one time, when you can have everyone being a servant of Jehovah in a little over 300 years. We've waited almost a hundred, what's another three?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Of course world population is projected to stop increasing at some point in this century. As for JW growth, it is bound to hit a brick wall well before it reaches that stage. Statistically I think at current rates of growth everyone in the world will become Adventists long before they become JWs.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    Okay I am told at those rates of growth it will take 336 years (2346 AD) until everyone in the world is a Jehovah's Witness.

Wrong, SBF!

If we apply the same logic and growth assumptions to other religions, the world will be all muslim way before 2346 AD!

-Yan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit